The Football Thread

Xeno

Germany managed to lose a 4-0 lead against Sweden

Northern ireland ruined Ronaldos big day to hold them to a 1-1 draw

England match called off due to rain,despite the stadium having a roof

Italy beat Danes 3-1

Lost a 4 goal lead? :O :O

"I owe Liverpool a huge amount," he said. "To the people, to the men in charge, to Benítez and his staff, to the city. Liverpool is a fundamental part of my life. They don't remember me that way, but time will change that.

"I could not have chosen a better place to go when I left Atlético. The other day when the news broke about Hillsborough, I felt emotional. I have experienced that, I know what the people have been through, I have seen them cry. I've lived that, I made it mine. This has arrived too late but it's another step [in the right direction]. And it is things like that that playing for Liverpool gives you: it's a feeling.

"I decided to leave because I had to take a step forwards. It wasn't the best way to have gone but nor were things exactly as they were sold [to people]. One day the truth will come out. In a sporting sense, nothing was happening; a new project was needed. We talked about that – about growth. My son is a Liverpool fan and he was already kicking a ball before he was one. He was born in the football city; he had no choice."

:) The way he left wasn't the best, but before that he gave us a lot. I will always respect that.

:) The way he left wasn't the best, but before that he gave us a lot. I will always respect that.

I see you, and raise you this.

“I always gave them a 100%, but it was a difficult situation. Even though I felt like I was a big part of the club, you have to also look after your personal ambitions. For me, that is winning trophies and unfortunately that doesn’t look like a possibility for them. It’s no coincidence that Xabi Alonso, Javier Mascherano and myself all left Liverpool. It was always about ambitions. I played for Liverpool for a few years and had some great moments. But when a club like Chelsea, with bigger potential, come calling, it’s hard to say no – especially when it looked impossible to win the league for Liverpool.”

For this interview alone, I will never be a fan of his ever again. And I don't respect him now.

I see you, and raise you this.

For this interview alone, I will never be a fan of his ever again. And I don't respect him now.

I can see where you are coming from and your anger it totally justifiable from a fan's point of view but Torres never said anything wrong there. He did not disrespect the club and just stated the truth unless you are under the impression that Liverpool post Benitez ever had the chance to be in top 2, which is just not true. Some players put ambition over loyalty and there is nothing wrong in that. Of course it's natural to give more respect to the likes of the one club players but stating out right that you will not respect Torres any more cause he put his ambition at fore front is not a logical thinking specially after what he did for you guys.

Torres always came across as a level headed fellow, here at Chelsea too when he got all the stick from the fans for his poor form, he never did once complain or threw tantrums when he was below drogba last season.

I can never hate Torres,I was too fond of him for that .Not only did he score many goals,he also got us 30 million profit.Would have been better had he not acted like a c*nt and handing the transfer request but then again not everyone is Steven Gerrard

Edited by The Choker

I can see where you are coming from and your anger it totally justifiable from a fan's point of view but Torres never said anything wrong there. He did not disrespect the club and just stated the truth unless you are under the impression that Liverpool post Benitez ever had the chance to be in top 2, which is just not true. Some players put ambition over loyalty and there is nothing wrong in that. Of course it's natural to give more respect to the likes of the one club players but stating out right that you will not respect Torres any more cause he put his ambition at fore front is not a logical thinking specially after what he did for you guys.

Torres always came across as a level headed fellow, here at Chelsea too when he got all the stick from the fans for his poor form, he never did once complain or threw tantrums when he was below drogba last season.

I can never hate Torres,I was too fond of him for that .Not only did he score many goals,he also got us 30 million profit.Would have been better had he not acted like a c*nt and handing the transfer request but then again not everyone is Steven Gerrard

Torres didn't say anything wrong if you look at it from the neutral perspective. But being a Pool fan i can't hear one of our most admired and worshipped players saying "Liverpool is not going anywhere, they are not winning titles anytime soon" etc. You f**king c*nt, if you had scored more goals from August to January before you chickened out we wouldve been in a better situation. You had all the service in the world, but did you score! If Liverpool wasn't going anywhere during that season, it was because of him.

• Like 1

Terry apologized? But I thought he was not guilty acc to Chelsea fans, isn't it? So why is he apologizing?

And he did accept in his apology that he shouldnt have used that language, so it means he said those things to Ferdinand? But Chelsea fans had a different version of the events somehow.

Also will Chelsea now strip him of his captaincy & also fine him for his conduct?