The Football Thread

Xeno

Tactically owned :lol: Erase that one mistake and it was a 0-0 all day. Or are you saying that both the goals were part of some deeply masterminded, strategic initiatives.

Right.. no more hypothesis of convenient ignorance with ifs & buts! Fact, 0-2 :-

BmPIF7ICYAEcIVk.jpg

(oh and the time to score those 2 goals came from the deeply masterminded, strategic initiatives of Chelsea.. Let the tears flow, nothing can be erased! Chelsea went in to not lose and rather came out victorious)

Edited by Madhav

4-0 ghar pe ghuske gaand maari :chainsaw:

Thank you pep guardiola for making one of the best attacking team into shitty tiki taka team :harhar:

i remember few members here making fun of me when i said Pep is destroying bayern by turning great attacking team into shitty tiki taka team. :lol:

people hate mourinhos defensive style but like tiki taka :doh:

what's the use of 70% possession when u cant even score a single goal :giggle:

CHELSEA WIN PERFORMANCE OF THE WEEK AWARD AGAIN

Posted on: Wed 30 Apr 2014

For the third time this season the team has won the Performance of the Week Award, with the 2-0 victory at Liverpool judged the best display by any team in the top four divisions by the League Managers Association.

The panel, which comprises LMA Chairman Howard Wilkinson, Sir Alex Ferguson, Joe Royle, Dave Bassett and Barry Fry, decided our victory at Anfield on Sunday - against a side that had won 11 straight games and hadn't failed to score in nearly six months - was the most impressive performance of the week.

Goals from Demba Ba and Willian secured the 2-0 win while our disciplined defensive showing kept out one of the most lethal attacks in the country, as recognised by the panel of former managers.

Jose Mourinho was understandably delighted with the performance as he explained after the match.

'The team played brilliantly,' said our manager. 'Every player was magnificent. I think it was a fantastic performance by my players.

'I'm very happy with them. They have my credit, they know how pleased I am with their work and this is what they need from me. When we see the way our fans were feeling the game with the boys we are happy with that.'

We had already won the award twice this season, for the 1-0 win at Manchester City in early February and for the 6-0 rout of Arsenal in March.

Mourinho will accept the award, a specially engraved crystal football, on behalf of the team in a presentation at Cobham on Friday.

Source - http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3796574?WT.mc_id=social_20140430_22946424

kleJ2jJ.gif

Edited by Madhav

He got mad for no reason. Carvajal was bigger and better last night. =(

Also, Kroos really can't play as DM. He's 24 and runs slower than Basti. =/

PS: Alonso to miss final. Very stupid mistake.

Edit: The guy who threw the banana is banned for life and has been arrested.

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/liga-bbva/detienen-socio-del-villarreal-que-lanzo-platano-alves-3262302

Edited by Heaven Angel

(oh and the time to score those 2 goals came from the deeply masterminded, strategic initiatives of Chelsea

:bigyellowgrin: yeah right

You know 'tis actually quite funny you accuse me of something and continue to indulge in the same simultaneously. Ignoring why I was making that quoted sentence, while repeating a cliched line ad nauseam

Anyway I've had enough.

Edited by LeonardoInventions

:bigyellowgrin: yeah right

You know 'tis actually quite funny you accuse me of something and continue to indulge in the same simultaneously. Ignoring why I was making that quoted sentence, while repeating a cliched line ad nauseam

Anyway I've had enough.

I have always been on the same page as Carragher was while instilling some basic historic trivia.. No ignorance :)

No point of having possession when you can't score. He slows down the game by high margin. Plus, no reason to start with him at DM when you have best DM in team (Javi-Basti).

(why mess with players and formation? I don't get it. Bring in Kroos after half at DM for Javi or bring Rafina at RB and switch Lahm to DM)

He's perfect at CM along with Thiago and Bayern played better with 4-1-4-1 (more attacking and less passing).

Also, when playing against fast team such as Madrid, you expect players to run and defend. He's just too lazy for his age.

Hope the result doesn't affect DFB final against BVB.

If Atletico goes through, its theirs or its Madrids. Or atleast thats what i want.

Who else can win? ebLqBRr.png

• Like 1

No point of having possession when you can't score. He slows down the game by high margin. Plus, no reason to start with him at DM when you have best DM in team (Javi-Basti).

(why mess with players and formation? I don't get it. Bring in Kroos after half at DM for Javi or bring Rafina at RB and switch Lahm to DM)

He's perfect at CM along with Thiago and Bayern played better with 4-1-4-1 (more attacking and less passing).

Also, when playing against fast team such as Madrid, you expect players to run and defend. He's just too lazy for his age.

Hope the result doesn't affect DFB final against BVB.

Who else can win? ebLqBRr.png

My bad. :lol:

Athletico vs Madrid - Atheletico

Chelsea vs Madrid - Madrid.

Thats what i want and think will happen.

^^ :giggle: Yeah. Chelsea will probably defend hard and play on the counter, but I'm guessing Atletico will score. After which, Chelsea will go on the attack and concede another one :P

I'm hoping Atletico score first and not Chelsea though. If Chelsea score first, it's gonna be a snore-fest afterwards

• Like 1