Gaming Headphones Guide & Discussion.

playstation

You can get them for $40-50 brand new, there's nothing cheaper that sounds just as good.

Plenty of stuff Sir, plenty of newer IEM's can outperform them.

• V.SONIC
  • BRAINWAVZ
  • Signature Acoustics C12 Elements

I could go up to 10 k probably 12

In that budget, you could get an Audio Technica M50x for use within the house / desktop.

For travel you can get an IEM.

What kind of music do you listen to? And what is your preference in audio, describe it as best as you can?

^ Get an Audio Technica M50 for home use, pair it with a microphone for VoIP use.

A BRAINWAVZ M1 (if you like flat / neutral sound) or V.SONIC GR02 Bass Edtion (if you prefer some low end punch) in your music, purchase a set of Comply Foam Tips later.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

^ Get an Audio Technica M50 for home use, pair it with a microphone for VoIP use.

A BRAINWAVZ M1 (if you like flat / neutral sound) or V.SONIC GR02 Bass Edtion (if you prefer some low end punch) in your music, purchase a set of Comply Foam Tips later.

i don't like neutral flat , instead I would prefer some thing with bass effect and I can't use head phones that's why I wanted Iem version so have to stick with Iem In house and while travelling

Plenty of stuff Sir, plenty of newer IEM's can outperform them.

• V.SONIC
  • BRAINWAVZ
  • Signature Acoustics C12 Elements

I haven't checked out all the new ones, but have used S4i for more than 5 years now and I haven't come across anything that sounded better in that time period for said price. Heck the first pair I owned was $100 and even then I though the price was right. I was tempted to get X10 but thought $350 was a bit too much for IEMs.

^ That is understandable because five years ago, the IEM scene in India was nascent.

There were very few options, now, the Klipsch's, the Creative's, the LOGITECH's all seem over-rated when you can get excellent products like the SoundMAGIC's for the low end and BRAINWAVZ, V.SONIC's for mid-tier options while the more exotic brands for the US, EU cater to the high-end.

^ That is understandable because five years ago, the IEM scene in India was nascent.

There were very few options, now, the Klipsch's, the Creative's, the LOGITECH's all seem over-rated when you can get excellent products like the SoundMAGIC's for the low end and BRAINWAVZ, V.SONIC's for mid-tier options while the more exotic brands for the US, EU cater to the high-end.

I'm not sure which headset to go for as of this moment. This new one looks really comfy:

2648591-newheadset.jpg

Should I wait for that or just go for the Sony Gold Wireless Headset instead? Comfort should be given higher priority than sound. I'm currently used to the sound produced by the Ultimate Ears 900s but I'm on a tight budget right now. I've used the Logitech G930 for quite some time but I've never tried circular cans, only the oval/vertical ones. The Gold is retailing for 9k on Amazon India. Any place I can get it cheaper? Anything better in this price range? I'm getting this mostly for Destiny. I thought of using my usual 5.1 HTiB speakers for the game audio and a normal 3.5mm earphone+mic for the chat audio but I'm worried the game audio will get picked up by the mic and cause a nuisance to my fire-team.

^ Srinivas, I cannot give you much options as I have very little experience with console gaming.

Also, you are correct about the speaker audio being picked up by a microphone are re-piped into the game. Can you not adjust the pick-up sensitivity of the same.

You can look at SteelSeries Siberia / 5H and above headsets and see if they meet your requirement.

i don't like neutral flat , instead I would prefer some thing with bass effect and I can't use head phones that's why I wanted Iem version so have to stick with Iem In house and while travelling

Okay, if you are biased towards bass, I would suggest you try to hunt down a pair of LOGITECH Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 / 900. I do not have many more recommendations because I myself have only experienced the TripleFi 10 and none of its competition.

Honestly, if you do not mind, I would suggest you make an account on HeadFi or Techenclave.com. On the latter you can search for a member called esantosh, he is way more knowledgeable in this area and can provide you a variety of options.

^ Srinivas, I cannot give you much options as I have very little experience with console gaming.

Also, you are correct about the speaker audio being picked up by a microphone are re-piped into the game. Can you not adjust the pick-up sensitivity of the same.

You can look at SteelSeries Siberia / 5H and above headsets and see if they meet your requirement.

Okay, if you are biased towards bass, I would suggest you try to hunt down a pair of LOGITECH Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 / 900. I do not have many more recommendations because I myself have only experienced the TripleFi 10 and none of its competition.

Honestly, if you do not mind, I would suggest you make an account on HeadFi or Techenclave.com. On the latter you can search for a member called esantosh, he is way more knowledgeable in this area and can provide you a variety of options.

Thanks for the quick reply. I haven't tried the speaker/earphone setup. I'll give it a whirl in the next hour or so. Btw, there's an issue with the UE900 where the pods stop working properly after a few months due to oxidation on the connectors. Logitech released an updated version with gold connectors called the 900s. Apart from that issue, the UE900 are the best sounding earphones I've ever had the pleasure to experience, especially if you like analytical sound. (I jumped from the UE700 to the UE900.)

^ Thank you for the tip.

I do not own very many expensive earpieces, my preferred budget is to keep things below ~$100 and all has been good till now. Have had the chance to experience some more expensive monitors, the likes of the TripleFi 10 and the Sennheiser IE 8's on occasion though.

Archived