Genshin Impact

Heaven Angel

Played 14 hours yesterday. Awesome update. ?

1.png

• Dragonspine region is very nice. 
  • The atmosphere and the music is perfect. 
  • Map is well detailed as usual. Good exploration and bunch of secrets to find.
  • Good new weapons.
  • Good new monsters.
  • Lots of rewards with this update.
  • Nice new story chapter but quite short. 

Waiting for act 2 today!

26 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

How on earth can you play a game for 14 hours in one day dude :O ?  were you a pro gamer at one of time in your life ?

Nah, just used to play more when I was into MMOs. Now not so much unless something nice releases.

This update was total blast to play. New region, story, exploration, lots of stuff. 

Can this be played solo alone for the story and visuals? Heard good things about this, not an MMO player, I am happy to ignore other online players and just do the quests, been looking at Zelda BOTW and want to play something similar as I don't have a Nintendo console. That other ubisoft game does not intrest me at its current price.

Sent from my motorola one fusion+ using Tapatalk

Just now, pbpoovannagamer said:

Can this be played solo alone for the story and visuals? Heard good things about this, not an MMO player, I am happy to ignore other online players and just do the quests, been looking at Zelda BOTW and want to play something similar as I don't have a Nintendo console. That other ubisoft game does not intrest me at its current price.

Game is SP mainly. Co-op is very limited. You can invite/visit others, do weekly bosses and domains together. All these can be done solo as well. 

There is no MMO stuff nor you will see other players unless you invite them over. Game is fantastic. 

• Like 1

Game is SP mainly. Co-op is very limited. You can invite/visit others, do weekly bosses and domains together. All these can be done solo as well. 

There is no MMO stuff nor you will see other players unless you invite them over. Game is fantastic. 
Awesome, will get it then, thanks a lot.

Sent from my motorola one fusion+ using Tapatalk

• MiHoYo, the developer of Genshin Impact, was founded in Shanghai back in 2011 by 3 college students. The 3 were fans of ACG culture.

EqrBiOtXAAAKlQ_?format=png&name=900x900

• What's notable about MiHoYo is that they have been independent since 2011, with their only funding being a $150k angel investment during the firms first year
  • Their slogan 'Tech Otaku's Save the World' is based on them being Otaku's themselves and creating games in the ACG genre
  • The company started out making 2D games for mobile with an ACG theme. Its first game was called Fly Me 2 the Moon and was released in 2011. It was essentially a side scrolling game with very basic controls, but as per their slogan, was deeply rooted in ACG culture.
  • In 2014 they released Gun GirlZ. It maintained the ACG elements, the 2D art and the side scrolling elements from its previous games while adding RPG mechanics and a more in depth story. When the game released, MiHoYo had just 7 employees. It was their first major hit.
  • The success of the game allowed them to grow and work on a new title that combined all of the above into an action RPG in a 3D world with high end graphics. Honkai Impact 3rd was an even bigger success for the company and showed how the firm was able to continually innovate.

EqrHd_oXYAMRILz?format=png&name=900x900

• MiHoYo had gone from a small start up in 2011 to operating a high quality mobile game in 2016 with Honkai Impact 3rd. The team, which had grown considerably by this point, was able to build on each of its games to achieve something new and exciting with each new title.
  • With Genshin Impact the team was striving to go even further and create a true open world RPG to bring a console quality game to mobile users. A team of 400+ worked over 40+ months on a budget over $100 million to complete the game. Eventually eleasing on Mobile, PC and Console.

EqrJQrAXEAERCZn?format=png&name=900x900

• MiHoYo was able to create a game that was accessible, yet extremely deep in terms of content. It created an immersive world and story that was realised through high end production. The most impressive part was that they were able to scale the experience across multiple devices.
  • Genshin Impact lets people play at their own pace, explore the world and story, and introduces monetisation much later into the game than one would expect. Genshin builds on MiHoYo's philosophy of 'Paying for Love' which it has held since the early days.
  • Paying for love is not about paying for a story DLC or a stats boost. It's about the desires of the player and paying for the character that best represents them
  • It's also about being able to experience the game for what it is and paying because you enjoy the experience
  • Developers around the world should be looking to Genshin Impact and learning lessons from its success. It shows how traditional AAA experiences can evolve with a F2P model and it shows how mobile first titles can scale across multiple platforms.
  • Genshin Impact’s global success also reflects how Chinese game development has evolved, from outsourced artwork 15 years ago to full game development for the domestic market more recently, and now to developing games that resonate with global markets as well as the home front.

• Like 2

Just do 4 condensed or 8 normal runs per day. I usually do 1 week bosses/open world and 1 week domains for artifacts and focus on DPS char mainly. Support chars are fine with okay substats on artifacts.

If you don't play Abyss, don't have to hard farm artifacts. 

Resin still needs adjustment but currently community seems to be okay with it as most of them are busy with new event where resin isn't needed. 

Just hit 100 days active out of 102 days. Started on September 30th and still playing daily. 

unknown.png

What a wonderful journey it has been so far. A F2P game that turned out better than all recent AAA paid games.

Can't wait for upcoming stuff. The game has so much left to show. ?

Just now, dylanjosh said:

What do you everyday? Commisions? 

Trying to get 100% exploration in all regions. Finished Mondstadt and Dragonspine. Liyue around 60%.

Achievements for namecard and primo. 

Working on Xiao mats and artifacts to level him up as soon he is out.

Working on 2nd team for Abyss floors. Trying different chars/teams.

Commissions

Empty resin cap

Event stuff whenever there to clear

unknown.png

Happy with the progression so far. Only missing Xingqiu and Sucrose among 4 stars. Saved ~10K primo so far but won't be wishing till Xiao banner is out. ?

• Like 1