Home Automation

psinide

7 hours ago, psinide said:

Got it on all 4 edges now, still need to work on a better response. But overall, happy with how its come out so far. Here's another vid:

Got a 4 mtr LED strip to set this up on my C9. Before I move onto that, going to try a few more variations. Right now I think the camera is the weakest link leading to a slight lag. Other options are capture cards which will only work with HDMI inputs and wont react to apps installed on the TV. 

Camera placement is also very important and it needs to be fixed, or you end up having to crop the pixels and make keystone adjustments everytime, so it may not be suitable for the living room.

Can you actually game or watch a movie with this effect on? Would it not be distracting?

On 6/1/2022 at 6:23 PM, KunjanPSD said:

Can you actually game or watch a movie with this effect on? Would it not be distracting?

I've increased the brightness to exaggerate the effect for the tests. When in actual use, it will be about 30-35% of the current brightness.

On 6/1/2022 at 7:27 PM, Mr. Comingle said:

Why is your video marked video for kids. 

Are you a kiddie influencer now? 

I marked safe for kids so you could watch it and it doesn't your trigger parental controls

• Haha 2

On 6/1/2022 at 11:03 AM, psinide said:

Got it on all 4 edges now, still need to work on a better response. But overall, happy with how its come out so far. Here's another vid:

Got a 4 mtr LED strip to set this up on my C9. Before I move onto that, going to try a few more variations. Right now I think the camera is the weakest link leading to a slight lag. Other options are capture cards which will only work with HDMI inputs and wont react to apps installed on the TV. 

Camera placement is also very important and it needs to be fixed, or you end up having to crop the pixels and make keystone adjustments everytime, so it may not be suitable for the living room.

So Cool Reaction GIF by Jay Sprogell