The Book Thread

Amay

Is the Children of Hurin out in paper back? I cant ever bring myself to buy a harcover copy of anybook, though I will gladly shell out twice that amount for a game. Its a perspective thing I guess.

I think the paperback is out, but I'm not very sure.

Is the Children of Hurin out in paper back? I cant ever bring myself to buy a harcover copy of anybook, though I will gladly shell out twice that amount for a game. Its a perspective thing I guess.

Hurin is totally worth it in hardcover. Beautifully bound, with high quality paper, nice font - sizing and spacing - and lovely coverart.

Guys, I'm considering buying this. Think its worth it ?

Watchmen

Rare Leather bound Graphitti Designs edition of the incredibly influential story that changed the comic book industry forever. Beautiful book with tons of extras.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00...324&sr=8-10

About a third of the way in Lord of the Silver bow (book 1 of the Troy series) and its very good so fay. Thanks for the recommendation GreyPilgrim.

Also finished Watchmen (for the second time) a couple of days ago. Its been years since I read and its still brilliant. I am now more certain than ever that the movie will be godawfull.

About a third of the way in Lord of the Silver bow (book 1 of the Troy series) and its very good so fay. Thanks for the recommendation GreyPilgrim.

You're welcome. :wOOtjumpy:

Currently Reading:

The Dark Tower I: The Gunslinger - Stephen King

The Dark Tower II: The Drawing of the Three - Stephen King

Edited by GreyPilgrim

You're welcome. :)

Currently Reading:

The Dark Tower I: The Gunslinger - Stephen King

The Dark Tower II: The Drawing of the Three - Stephen King

Oh I hate to break it to you this series goes downhill from book 4 onwards. And thats coming from a big King fan.

Anybody read Angels and Demons by Dan Brown? It's a damn good read.

I have read it 5 times!!!!

Itz much better than Da vinci Code IMHO!!

The only reason it isnt as popular is coz the mystery was killed at da end while in DVC it lives on.

PS:::Eagrly waiting for the movie though i know itz gonna suck big time!

• Like 1

I read the same books over and over again. I have lost count of LOTR reads - once every quarter. It's like medication.

Same with Harry Potter series and the Discworld series. And Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy (it's the philosophy manual).

I have read it 5 times!!!!

Itz much better than Da vinci Code IMHO!!

The only reason it isnt as popular is coz the mystery was killed at da end while in DVC it lives on.

PS:::Eagrly waiting for the movie though i know itz gonna suck big time!

Sorry...but Da Vinci code was much better than Angels and Demons.......

Hurin is totally worth it in hardcover. Beautifully bound, with high quality paper, nice font - sizing and spacing - and lovely coverart.

True, this is the one of the few hardcover editions I have and its worth it.

@nukeu666 - Try the night watch sub-series from Pratchett's Discworld. Neuromancer is very good although quite a contrast to Pratchett's light hearted stories.

Edited by ShaktiSingh

Wanted to read something light so picked up A Collection of Short Stories by Dahl and I'm hooked. What style :thumbsup:.

I'm getting The Enchantress of Florence this weekend..can't wait. Has anyone read White Teeth by Zadie Smith?