Ace Combat 6: Fires Of Liberation

Invictus

Getting screwed in Mission 9. Any tips?

I'm using the SU-33 Flanker with XMA4 as my special weapons; Shamrock has the same. There are way too many Strigon aircrafts to dodge before I can even get close enough to destroy the targets on Aigaion. The checkpoint system is way too harsh in this game. I had knocked off almost every ESM support flights once and only had to take out the Aigaion engines to bring it down, but a miscalculated manoeuvre led to a collision and I was back to square one. This was unbearably frustrating. :(

uummmm...its the flying airport right??

Use the A-10 and fuel explosive bombs and bomb their a*s back to the stone age!!!

Plane and special weapons are correct. Tell Shamrock to cover you while you take out the support crafts so you will be safer from enemy fire. When your plane is damaged enough go back and resupply, it's really necessary. I hope you know that you can bring in allied attack once the green bar is filled. It is very handy to get rid of those pesky Siogon fighters.

uummmm...its the flying airport right??

Use the A-10 and fuel explosive bombs and bomb their a*s back to the stone age!!!

Yep, that's the one. I have sold the Mirage 2000, so should have enough cash to get the A-10. Are those Fuel explosive bombs air-to-air or air-to-ground? I'm guessing air-to-ground. Thanks I'll try this trick.

Plane and special weapons are correct. Tell Shamrock to cover you while you take out the support crafts so you will be safer from enemy fire. When your plane is damaged enough go back and resupply, it's really necessary. I hope you know that you can bring in allied attack once the green bar is filled. It is very handy to get rid of those pesky Siogon fighters.

I'm not sure how efficient Shamrock is in covering me. Where do I re-supply? How do you bring in the allied attack? I notice the yellow bar near my radar is full at times. Is that the one? How do I use it?

Yep, that's the one. I have sold the Mirage 2000, so should have enough cash to get the A-10. Are those Fuel explosive bombs air-to-air or air-to-ground? I'm guessing air-to-ground. Thanks I'll try this trick.

I'm not sure how efficient Shamrock is in covering me. Where do I re-supply? How do you bring in the allied attack? I notice the yellow bar near my radar is full at times. Is that the one? How do I use it?

Yes when it is full you can call an allied attack by pressing and holding the d-pad up button. To resupply you have to go back to the supply line, expand the map by pressing x and you will see a dotted line, approach it and cross it. Then you will have to land you plane on either airport or in this case a aircraft carrier and viola!!! you damage is 0 again and you are resupplied with weopons, also your can change the special weapon for you and your wingman.

Yes when it is full you can call an allied attack by pressing and holding the d-pad up button. To resupply you have to go back to the supply line, expand the map by pressing x and you will see a dotted line, approach it and cross it. Then you will have to land you plane on either airport or in this case a aircraft carrier and viola!!! you damage is 0 again and you are resupplied with weopons, also your can change the special weapon for you and your wingman.

Excellent! Thanks for the tip. I didn't know we could reset our health as well. BTW which D-Pad button do I need to hold down to call the allied attack and how do these allied planes attack the target?

Excellent! Thanks for the tip. I didn't know we could reset our health as well. BTW which D-Pad button do I need to hold down to call the allied attack and how do these allied planes attack the target?

Up button just as you will call Shamrock, but here you need to hold it down. Those aliied planes do a great job don't worry :good:

WooHoo! Completed the mission without breaking a sweat. Snake's A-10 Fuel Bomb tip did the trick. I took out most of Aigaion's defences in the first 2 bombs itself. The impact of the Fuel bomb seemed equivalent to the enemy's Nimbus missiles. Buzz, calling in the Allies attack worked and they covered me from the Strigon aircraft while I took out the remaining ESM support ships. Destroying the final cockpit point took a few tries, but got it done eventually. :bigyellowgrin:

Thanks guys, wouldn't have been possible without your help. :bigyellowgrin:

Anyway, completed the game today and wow, the final level was really nerve wrecking. I purchased the F22-A toward the end and as usual it's the best aerial combat craft. However, all I used from mission 9 to the end was the A-10. I enjoyed this more the H.A.W.X and found it to be way more challenging. The only thing I despise are the cheesy a*s cut-scenes and dialogues. I swear, I would have shot the script writer if I would have heard "Dance with the Angels" in the end.

• 1 month later...

Playing the game, liberated Gracemaria and I think Im nearing the end. As expected of the Ace series, this one is simply a masterpiece.

And the campaign does not have a single moment where you get bored, something even the best sp games out there has failed to achieve this gen. Also playing on Hard and the game seems easy while remaining very challenging. Not a single cheap enemy either, all the aces can be beaten with the right flying.

Im glad Buzz lent his copy, but I guess I still need to hunt this on ebay as its something that should be in my collection.

Archived