Gaming PCs

AtheK

Will order from Flipkart.. As I checked in SP Market. Both are not available.. And some of them haven't heard the name of seasonic.

Check with computer warehouse, they might have a better price than flipkart and will deliver to you too (same day).

Yes, He quoted 6500, Went there checked the drive and negotiated.

Is that Fine.. ?

Coincidence. I tested the drive but wasn't satisfied with the performance (testing via USB 2.0 is limited anyhow) so skipped it.

Black coloured one or silver one?

Coincidence. I tested the drive but wasn't satisfied with the performance (testing via USB 2.0 is limited anyhow) so skipped it.

Black coloured one or silver one?

It's the silver one.. Will just use it for my windows boot up and will be getting WD HDD. 500 gb

I hope the booting will be faster than HDD.

Wait is kinda killing me... What if I buy r9 280X dc2 today, and check this out -

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7400/the-radeon-r9-280x-review-feat-asus-xfx/19

If we go by price to performance how's it? or should I go 2X 760 (msi TF).

I wish to talk about today and not future, best bang for the buck. I'm making games so that's good priority, 3ds max n stuff uses gpu for viewport and I'm not really producing animated films for now and they use cpu, gpu renderers are not that advanced yet...

Will my 850w M1211 be able to handle 2X 280X later? Then again, Howz it? plus I'll get BF4.

I want best bang for buck, not waste money unnecessarily, physx shouldn't be driving factor for nvidia, right? Plus it'll have mantle and nvidia is not really planning To implement it (I believe). So Howz it? 290 n 290X won't be that much improvement, keeping on mind 290 will be ~38k and 290X should be ~44k (both custom)

Wait is kinda killing me... What if I buy r9 280X dc2 today, and check this out -

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7400/the-radeon-r9-280x-review-feat-asus-xfx/19

If we go by price to performance how's it? or should I go 2X 760 (msi TF).

I wish to talk about today and not future, best bang for the buck. I'm making games so that's good priority, 3ds max n stuff uses gpu for viewport and I'm not really producing animated films for now and they use cpu, gpu renderers are not that advanced yet...

Will my 850w M1211 be able to handle 2X 280X later? Then again, Howz it? plus I'll get BF4.

I want best bang for buck, not waste money unnecessarily, physx shouldn't be driving factor for nvidia, right? Plus it'll have mantle and nvidia is not really planning To implement it (I believe). So Howz it? 290 n 290X won't be that much improvement, keeping on mind 290 will be ~38k and 290X should be ~44k (both custom)

A more powerful (and costly) single GPU >>>>>> dual-GPU setup.

^ COMPUTE performance is going to be better on AMD cards. Although the new AMD cards have a 1/8th double precision penalty.

Still a single R9-290 / 290X will gut a GTX760 SLi set-up in COMPUTE performance, less profiling and driver issues to boot.

Yes. That power supply will do fine.

The R9-280X is a decent card although AMD still has to patch in frame pacing issues in its drivers and CrossFire profiles.

I don't buy card on the add on features, PHYsX and MANTLE irrespective. The card should be value for the money you are putting down and fit your needs.

Edited by ALPHA17

so R9 280x? I mean does 290/x's price justify d performance gain and wait? but since i'm waiting since july, couple weeks shouldn't be a problem. Its just i dont wanna be ripped off due to thinking about future, that too when i know something 3-4x better will come up later on...

^^ No I would place my horse on a R9-290 custom card for now. Better performance, acceptable COMPUTE performance and 4GB V-RAM by default equates to current generation titles at almost completely cranked settings.

Expect them to be priced decently well by Sapphire and ASUS at-least, cannot comment on MSi.

^^ A second HD7970 / HD7950 3GB or a brand new GTX760 custom cooler version.

What happened to your current card?

Thanks. What about the 280x, people saying it is for 22k or thereabouts in NCR.

Been in the mood to do a solid upgrade for a while now (you already know my upgrade list...). Trying to put the pieces together.

Thanks. What about the 280x, people saying it is for 22k or thereabouts in NCR.

Yes, that is for the stock Sapphire card. Which is just a dual-fan cooler tacked onto the stock AMD provided PCB.

MSi Twin Frozr IV equipped R9-280X Gaming OC Edition is ~25000/-. So unless that figures into your budget, the GTX760 is top dog.

Also, make sure to measure the clearance you have for a graphic card on your PC, this was the main reason I had to avoid the R9-280X, MSi Gaming OC edition was cutting it too damn close.

Edited by ALPHA17

Yes, that is for the stock Sapphire card. Which is just a dual-fan cooler tacked onto the stock AMD provided PCB.

MSi Twin Frozr IV equipped R9-280X Gaming OC Edition is ~25000/-. So unless that figures into your budget, the GTX760 is top dog.

Is the price for this particular 280x same across India (I'll buy locally) ?

And which variant(s) of the 760 are real top dogs?

Is the price for this particular 280x same across India (I'll buy locally) ?

Ideally it should be although I won't be surprised that local market conditions will affect the price.

And which variant(s) of the 760 are real top dogs?

Out of the ones available in India (retail / e-retail),

• MSi Gaming OC Edition 2GB (great cooler, good over-clocker, best overall)
  • ASUS Direct CU II OC 2GB (not serious about over-clocking, want something good and compact)
  • MSi HAWK Edition 2GB (if you are serious about over-clocking)
Edited by ALPHA17

Yo Alpha need some advice, tried pinging you on steam,

Which one is better R9 270X Sapphire Dual-X or ASUS DCU2??

There are 2 major imp factors for me for the brand
1) After-sales Service is very imp for me, i have had quite some bad luck with electronics failing on me, so would preffer a brand who has a smooth rma procedure.
2) I am looking to overclock it a bit and also want the card to be silent and cool

Also should i buy it locally from Lammington road or online?

What is the street price going for these two cards?