The Legend Of Vraz

Ayush

Hi,

My name is Ayush and I am from Zatun, a video game development company in India.

We have developed a 2D action adventure arcade game for PC titled – “ The Legend of Vraz ". This game was created using the Microsoft XNA framework and features an enthralling gameplay of 6-8 hours set in exotic locales.

We have our in-game videos and screenshots online at: http://zatungames.com/

Game Features:

• A fun, fascinating and a forgiving gameplay encouraging the player while testing the player’s skills providing for a unique player experience.
  • An incredible soundtrack immersing the player completely in the game.
  • Stylized and appealing characters and 14 different enemies each with their distinct personality and AI (Artificial – Intelligence).
  • Exquisite hand painted stunning 2D Art assets and backgrounds in Indian Miniature Painting style.
  • 15 stages with 4 distinct locations and each location providing a feeling of fantasy of being in an exotic land.
  • 5 different upgradable arrows and the ability to control the prince both with mouse and keyboard or mouse only or keyboard only depending upon the user preferences.

Game Story:

Vraz, the prince is in love with princess Avi and to win her hand in marriage agrees to the 5 tasks set by Avi’s father - Baapji, The Maharaja of Kund.

The 5 tasks are:

• Earn 100,000 coins or equivalent gold for the wedding on your own.
  • Bring a the biggest and the brightest red rose
  • Bring a diamond studded heart
  • Bring the traditional sword
  • Bring a traditional horse

However, the Vizier of Kund has other plans. He is in love with Avi and realizes that if he can marry Avi, he will be the future king of Kund and may be one day of the entire region.

Meanwhile, Vraz unaware of Vizier’s plan agrees to Baapji’s condition and the game begins…

Thanks a lot for your time and I look forward to your comments.

Screenshots:

ql4ul8alr9.jpg

7nf7c86kuh.jpg

qmdxdxkfrx.jpg

64a8l6ygor.jpg

he7rx7i1xq.jpg

814etnqyjy.jpg

y8sru06uyu.jpg

Game Videos:

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

nice game dude, lol just yesterday we wer discussing about this particular game of yours- have a look

personally i think most indian developers should take a cue from u guys- to rephrase my stand-

yea i agree with u but we shud not just support indian developers just for the sake of them being indians, esp if they are churning out high quality tosh like Hanuman the game or most likely this current game.

Yes we all know that resources are scarce but indian developers should adapt to them, I for one cannot understand what is the need for them to straight away jump im making a 3-d game. They just cannot compete with the major games in this genre.

People might say things like- "they have to start somewhere" or "they will learn frm the mistakes"; pure BS in my opinion, if you go on making sh*t then u wont suddenly one day strike the formula of making gold, its more likely that you will perfect the art of making a perfect sh*t, instead.

What i feel is that Indian developers should focus of 2-d games side-scrollers (and i will bitch slap the guy who laughs at the idea of side scrollers- Castlevania SotN :eyebrow:), they are not as complex as 3-D games and can pack quite a punch if made properly. Once the home grown devs get the hang of making GOOD 2-d games, only then should they venture out.

Right now they are heading no where.

I would really have to play this for myself, but so far everything looks so dull and generic. All the platforming and collecting is putting me to sleep. The arrow aiming in the first video is a joke, better off using a Contra or Metroid control scheme for something as tedious as that.

When can we expect a PC demo?

right now looks pretty generic.. but good to see an attempt at a 2D-scroller , best of Indie games out there are 2-D (think braid and Word of goo)

But my question with indian devs is

why monkeys and arrows .. India is much more then just Ramayan and mahabharat. Why cant we have something beyond that some thing from say time of Ashoka or Chandragupta or say Mughals.. We have such a old civilization and rich history which provide countless avenues for making games.. why just always zero on to the mythology..

why monkeys and arrows .. India is much more then just Ramayan and mahabharat. Why cant we have something beyond that some thing from say time of Ashoka or Chandragupta or say Mughals.. We have such a old civilization and rich history which provide countless avenues for making games.. why just always zero on to the mythology..

that's actually a pretty good point

- KeezNah:

The arrow animation is not as hard as it looks. We have received quite a few comments regarding the aiming on other forums as well, but it is fairly easy and straightforward.

The game is ready we are just waiting for publishers.

- john117:

Ok, Here's my 2 cents or 2 paise. The monkeys were there because we are a huge fan of Donkey kong. Regarding the arrows, we had tried various weapons: Swords, spears, catapults, boomerangs, chakras etc but nothing seemed to gel very well with the game. We tried bow and arrows and it did work out very well. And also, this has nothing to do with Indian Mythology. The game is based upon Indian miniature paintings style and we have tried our best to remain true to it. The last thing we wanted to do was to make another ramayana or Mahabharata, krishna etc..

- Cyborg:

Thanks for the appreciation.

But Donkey Kong is a gorilla! :furious:

The arrow animation is not as hard as it looks. We have received quite a few comments regarding the aiming on other forums as well, but it is fairly easy and straightforward.

Fair enough, I'll play for myself and find out.

The game is ready we are just waiting for publishers.

So you're intending this as a retail release? Why not skip all that noise and just make it available via digital distribution only (SteamWorks)? At least your audience won't be limited to just India...

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

We have incorporated your feedback and have added physics to the prince jump and created a new prince jump animation, improvised the camera movement and the art for level 4. The AI is now more polished and there are hardly any “idle” moments in the game. Regarding the Audio, we have new background music for level 2 and added new effects while removing redundant ones.

Please check out our 3 new videos:

Level 4 Video:

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Level 3 Video:

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Level 2 Video:

Thanks,

Ayush

that actually looks better, level 2 definitely has a much better flow than the first level i saw. aiming still looks a bit effy, but the person playing the level didn't seem to have much trouble with it. i'm not sold on the sound effects though, way too cliched plus it grates for a while. just because it looks cartoon-y doesn't mean you have to use stock sounds circa warner bros era.

also:

price point and demo?

8-)

• 5 months later...

Hi Everyone,

I am Bhavin from Zatun - an Independent Video Game Developer, India.

We have released the Windows PC version for our game “The Legend of Vraz“. And I take great pleasure to inform you one more thing that our game has won the best PC Game Award at FICCI-BAF 2010.

The Legend of Vraz is 2D action packed adventure platform game in which you control Vraz, the prince. Vraz is in love with Princess Avi and in order to marry her, has agreed to fulfill 5 tasks set by Avi’s father.

This takes Vraz on an epic quest where he must make his way through 15 exotic locations, avoid the tribal warlord Mani and battle with the evil lovelorn Vizier and his shrewd accomplices. He will also have to collect gold and keys, skillfully navigate dangerous traps, operate objects and find his way out of near impossible terrain.

If you have played the original Prince of Persia or Mario, love retro /amiga-esque graphics or ever wondered what would happen if Mario and Prince of Persia met India then Legend of Vraz is your answer.The game provides for a unique player experience with its unique style and forgiving gameplay and has already won lots of fans worldwide.

The legend of Vraz has many firsts:

The first 2D arcade game in India created with Microsoft XNA Game studio.

One of the earliest Microsoft XNA games developed in India.

One of the first games in India from an Independent developer.

The first game ever made on Indian Miniature painting style.

1eqx4v9pys.jpg

Game Features:

Hours and hours of fun fulfilled exciting gameplay for the entire family.

15 complete levels divided in 4 distinctive exotic worlds.

14 unique AI based enemies; 5 Weapon Upgrades.

Exquisite hand painted 2D Art in Indian Miniature Painting style.

An incredible soundtrack immersing the player in the game.

Suitable for all ages. No blood, violence or obscene language.

Play with both mouse and keyboard or mouse only or keyboard only.

You can download the demo of our game from here: https://zatungames.com/legend_of_vraz_demo.php .If you require a full version for review, please let me know and I will be more than glad to provide it to you.

The game is available for $19.99/ £ 12.33 UK / €13.10 and can be bought directly through our secure online store from our official website: http://zatungames.com

Warm Regards,

Bhavin Patel.

ZATUN

Marketing Department

1, Laxmikunj, NID,

Ahmadabad 380007,

Gujarat, india.

E-mail:- press@zatungames.com

About Zatun:

Zatun is an independent videogame development and a games outsourcing company dedicated to developing fun, unique and engaging games while providing video game art services to game developers and publishers worldwide. For more information about Zatun, visit http://www.zatun.com

Archived