Counter-Strike 1.6

aki_jazz

•  
  • Developer - Valve Software
  • Publisher - Vivendi Universal (PC)
  • Version 1.6 (September 15, 2003)
  • Platform(s) Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Xbox
  • Release date(s) June 12, 1999 (1999-06-12)
  • Genre(s) First-person shooter
  • Mode(s) Multiplayer
  • Rating(s) ESRB: Mature, ELSPA: 15+, OFLC: MA15+

counterstrike_logo.gif

Its the game played by every videogamer. one hell of a game.

Fusion-Pack-SE-Final-CS-Mod_2.jpg

The Counter-Strike is a first-person shooter in which players join either the terrorist or counter-terrorist team (or become a spectator). Each team attempts to complete their mission objective and/or eliminate the opposing team. Each round starts with the two teams spawning simultaneously, usually at opposite ends of the map from each other.

10oiv0y.jpg

Its the best PC multiplayer game... Especially when it can be played in office. :roflroll:

FOR GAMER HAVE LOVE FOR GUNS...

gun-shop.jpg

I have PS3 and a huge fan of it, but still i love this game when its about killing yr friends online.

My brother, me and a few friends still get together a couple of times every year (whenever in Delhi) and go to a cyber cafe for day long sessions of this :thumbsup: Apart from playing online sometimes when we feel like it.. Its just amazing. :majesty:

no, it lost that particular distinction a long, long time ago.

no definitely not.

its been the number 1 multiplayer game for over 10 years.

i went to the steam stats page right now and guess what - cs is still number 1 over there.

the peak number of players is already getting close to mw2 as well.within 3-4 months it will go past that too.

9awf9h.jpg

as far as games not being played on steam - i dont think there is any game being played more than cs - cod 4 may come close but nothing else.

no definitely not.

its been the number 1 multiplayer game for over 10 years.

i went to the steam stats page right now and guess what - cs is still number 1 over there.

He isn't referring to "most played PC Multiplayer game" (which is actually WoW :P) he is instead referring to "best PC MP game", both different things atleast in my view...& honestly speaking I think that tittle rightfully belongs to Team Fortress 2 at the moment now.

as far as games not being played on steam - i dont think there is any game being played more than cs - cod 4 may come close but nothing else.

Cod4 is pretty pretty far away, I don't think it ever came close to CS.

It was & is very popular in South Asia but outside...not so much.

Well "number 1" in that case is a pretty subjective term. Speaking for which I just broke 200 hours on L4D2 today. :|

Still, it is pretty amazing that 11 years after release its still got such a dedicated fanbase.

He isn't referring to "most played PC Multiplayer game" (which is actually WoW :P) he is instead referring to "best PC MP game", both different things atleast in my view...& honestly speaking I think that tittle rightfully belongs to Team Fortress 2 at the moment now.

Cod4 is pretty pretty far away, I don't think it ever came close to CS.

It was & is very popular in South Asia but outside...not so much.

well the most common criteria to judge multiplayer games is by the number of people playing it.

spin hiimself has told me (off-forums) that it is a major indicator (in terms of mw2 sales and player numbers at that time)

speaking otherwise - "best multiplayer game" is very subjective - everyone will have an opinion.

as far as tf2 is concerned - i have over 2800 hours of the game (75% of it at scrim level) - its the game i have played most - and it is indeed my favourite. its certainly one of the best. but cs has endured long and it certainly is king of multiplayers.

as far as wow is concerned - well - i can't say much about it as i was mainly refering to fps games.

rts and mmorpg - i have little to no idea.

Edit - i just had a look at xfire's top games - they have wow at number 1 and cod 4 at number 2.

here's the link for anyone who might be interested in detailed stats - Xfire stats

well the most common criteria to judge multiplayer games is by the number of people playing it.

spin hiimself has told me (off-forums) that it is a major indicator (in terms of mw2 sales and player numbers at that time)

speaking otherwise - "best multiplayer game" is very subjective - everyone will have an opinion.

as far as tf2 is concerned - i have over 2800 hours of the game (75% of it at scrim level) - its the game i have played most - and it is indeed my favourite. its certainly one of the best. but cs has endured long and it certainly is king of multiplayers.

as far as wow is concerned - well - i can't say much about it as i was mainly refering to fps games.

rts and mmorpg - i have little to no idea.

Edit - i just had a look at xfire's top games - they have wow at number 1 and cod 4 at number 2.

here's the link for anyone who might be interested in detailed stats - Xfire stats

Totally Aggree bro.... :arigato:

When it comes to FPS multiplayer CS is always on top of the list...

Reason... Its a single platform game....

the place i work in people are addictive for it.... no matter how many and which ever new game we get.... we still found of playing CS on LAN and proving us better :bandit:

there is absolutely no doubting that it is the most popular mp shooter out there, and that is also indicative that it is a fantastic game to have survived so long. like you said, it's a subjective matter but i definitely feel that there are better games out there now. i'd pick tf2 as the single best mp fps out right now, but even games like cod4 and mw2 have evolved the basic gametype of cs to the point where i could never go back to it after having played these newer games.

out of curiousity, did you ever play cod4 mp? i'm sure i've asked you this before but i can't remember what you said. if you have, did you like it?

there is absolutely no doubting that it is the most popular mp shooter out there, and that is also indicative that it is a fantastic game to have survived so long. like you said, it's a subjective matter but i definitely feel that there are better games out there now. i'd pick tf2 as the single best mp fps out right now, but even games like cod4 and mw2 have evolved the basic gametype of cs to the point where i could never go back to it after having played these newer games.

out of curiousity, did you ever play cod4 mp? i'm sure i've asked you this before but i can't remember what you said. if you have, did you like it?

yeah i played it - but i didnt play it enough to get into it - was too much into tf2 clanning at that time.

COD4's Pro Mod is AWESOME, its THE most perfect evolution of CS in form of a Modern Shooter.

CS do not need high conf. COD4 is totally different....

CS a coool game without a storyline mode..... if u have CS in yr PC u'll only play on network.........

But COD4 i really like the Single player mode as well as multiplayer.... bro....

but i cannot find the reason of comparing both of them.....

i am in games industry for almost 3 years........ but still CS is my first choice when it comes for network gamplay......

Archived