VOLTRON

voltron.jpg

Publisher: THQ

Platforms: Xbox 360, PS3

Release: 2011

Wikipedia (for the uninitiated)

Children of the 80s take note: a

game is in development.

Publisher THQ has signed a deal with production company and rights-holder World Events Productions to make games based on the 1984 science fiction cartoon.

Those who were there back in the day will remember Voltron well: the show was about a giant robot that sliced and diced bad guys with a sword and had a lion head for an arm. As you do.

The first games are expected this autumn and designed to coincide with a new animated TV series, Voltron Force. It's a 2D/CGI animated series that'll launch in the US on Nicktoons. Expect to see it on "other key broadcasters" worldwide this year.

The games are said to build on the original cartoon, however. Platforms and gameplay details are yet to be revealed.

:wOOtjumpy: :wOOtjumpy:

What the sh*t....

A War for Cybertron sequel and this announced in the same week. Now I have to care twice as less.

Eh?

I thought they announced a movie tie-in. Dark of the Moon or some sheet.

Same developer? Nope.

There isn't a developer announced for this yet (which could only mean its a crappy cash-in), plus the publisher is THQ. Activision publishes the Transformers games.

Same developer? Nope.

There isn't a developer announced for this yet (which could only mean its a crappy cash-in), plus the publisher is THQ. Activision publishes the Transformers games.

No I meant same developer for the Transformers movie tie in sequel which isnt a sequel.

But there is a War for Cybertron sequel in the works if a George Michael fanboy who works in my office is to be believed.

@KOX: Judging from all the excitement, I take it this is a Kinect/Move game?

Yea, there's a sequel in development for release next year.

NO, this isn't a kinect/Move game. Although I wish it was :(

No I meant same developer for the Transformers movie tie in sequel which isnt a sequel.

Now you've lost me.. :ko:

STILL, ITS VOLTRON :wOOtjumpy:

@sa: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voltron :D

Archived