Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

STICK3Rboy

maddoggnick96 on Gamefaqs.com has posted some info from the new GI magazine:

- The biggest thing in the article IMO is that there's a new girl named Chloe Frazer. GI asked about Elena and Sully's return but they had no comment.(NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

- The story is about looking for the ships that Marco Polo "lost" while returning home to Italy.

- Melee combat is more dynamic now.

- They mentioned they were using only 30% of the PS3's power with Drake's Fortune and are planning to use nearly 100% with Among Thieves.

- A demo was shown to GI with Drake going through a city (I believe in Nepal), and he's stealthily taking out guards and escaping the city.

- Nolan North returns to be Drake and Chloe Frazer is played by Claudia Black (Stargate SG-1, Fargate).

- The Sixaxis mechanics were ditched for such things as throwing grenades.

- One of the weapons revealed is a rocket launcher that Chloe uses (might only be for the cinematic).

- There are no load screens.

- The score is being composed by Greg Edmonson (same guy from the first one).

- Weapons can be used in any stance (running, behind cover, hanging, climbing a wall, etc.).

- You can now move while aiming behind cover.

"In Uncharted 2, every character fully interacts with the dynamic geometry moving around them, and environments in the background are real parts of the game world"

"If Drake's on top of a train, he's going to be shaking with the train as it moves around"

"As he gets inside, his moveset is going to change, and he's going to be a lot more secure because the wind's not blowing."

- The graphics look better than Uncharted 1.

- Button sequence cinematics such as the final boss have changed so now Drake is now fully controllable in these parts...I think (This one's also hard to describe).

- Climbing seems improved upon. You can climb lamp posts now among other new things.

- If there is an enemy patrolling a rooftop you're climbing a wall to, you can pull him off the roof while hanging on the wall.

http://forums.gametrailers.com/?do=s...read&id=541883

- They mentioned they were using only 30% of the PS3's power with Drake's Fortune and are planning to use nearly 100% with Among Thieves.

- A demo was shown to GI with Drake going through a city (I believe in Nepal), and he's stealthily taking out guards and escaping the city.

- The Sixaxis mechanics were ditched for such things as throwing grenades.

- There are no load screens.

- You can now move while aiming behind cover.

"In Uncharted 2, every character fully interacts with the dynamic geometry moving around them, and environments in the background are real parts of the game world"

"If Drake's on top of a train, he's going to be shaking with the train as it moves around"

"As he gets inside, his moveset is going to change, and he's going to be a lot more secure because the wind's not blowing."

- The graphics look better than Uncharted 1.

- Button sequence cinematics such as the final boss have changed so now Drake is now fully controllable in these parts...I think (This one's also hard to describe).

- Climbing seems improved upon. You can climb lamp posts now among other new things.

- If there is an enemy patrolling a rooftop you're climbing a wall to, you can pull him off the roof while hanging on the wall.

http://forums.gametrailers.com/?do=s...read&id=541883

:dance:

cant imagine how good uncharted2 might look, seeing that uncharted1 looked amazing

and no load screens !!! OMG !!

- The biggest thing in the article IMO is that there's a new girl named Chloe Frazer. GI asked about Elena and Sully's return but they had no comment.(NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

No comments usually means YES, otherwise they say NO flat-out.

U1--->U2 upgrade will be on the scale of Jak 2--->Jak 3. Anyone who's played Jak 2 and 3 back to back will know it.

U1--->U2 upgrade will be on the scale of Jak 2--->Jak 3. Anyone who's played Jak 2 and 3 back to back will know it.

I remember there was considerable difference(graphics wise) between 'Jak and Daxter' and 'Jak 2',cannot say the same about 'Jak 2' and 'Jak 3'(didn't play it back to back).

Hopefully Naughty Dog will make Jak for PS3(loved the series).

No comments usually means YES, otherwise they say NO flat-out.

+1

I think they nailed it with Jak 3 in terms of getting the gameplay right. There were a few niggles with Jak 2 which more or less disappeared in Jak 3 and the pacing and variety was nothing short of brilliant.

If they can pull of such a thing with Uncharted, I'll be more than happy!

Archived