S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2

SRINI87

Some hope.

Linky

On the other hand, this wouldn't be the first time that an eastern European game company pulled a bizarre "we're going out of business!" stunt to drum up publicity. It's a faint hope - a very, very faint hope - but given how much I've been looking forward to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2, I'm going to cling to it.

It turns out that Dmitri Bourkovski, who earlier "confirmed" the closure of GSC on Twitter, doesn't actually work for GSC Game World at all; his Linkedin profile lists him as the "Head of Publishing, Games Division" at Mail.ru. He also told Beefjack that he has "no connection" with the project and was only tweeting about what he'd heard. An interesting twist! We're waiting for an official response to our inquiries from GSC and will update again when we hear more.

what abt 4a games taking up stalker 2 :scratchchin:

Unlikely.

I don’t know what will happen to STALKER next. Grigorovich might sell or lease it to other companies: there was at some point browser-based STALKER game in production. But there is only one studio in Ukraine that can handle this – 4A Games, creators of original STALKER. And they’re not exactly friends with Grigorovich. As for other Eastern European developers (from Poland or Bulgaria) – I don’t believe they can do STALKER 2 justice. Some are just too good to work for IP that is not their own and some don’t have enough experience.

http://galyonkin.com/2011/12/09/pro-zakryitie-gsc/

(Scroll down for English translation)

hope it doesnt come to this !!! :O:O stalker series is one of my favourite open world games !!! no way this is going to happen ....... this has to be a bad dream ........ if its true then only VALVE or CD PROJEKT RED should buy GSC

Edited by pbpoovannagamer

You're the guy who brings it usually :threatenlumber:

I've been waiting for the official announcement, but no sign of it till now.

Edit - Someone posted this on the FB page, nice article - http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/12/10/on-the-importance-of-s-t-a-l-k-e-r/

Edited by Elessar

An official statement will be made on Monday. Until then, good hunting Stalkers.

-Official S.T.A.L.K.E.R. facebook page, Monday Saturday.

Meanwhile at Rostok plant, near 100 Rads bar.

1124wn4.jpg

Edited by MoonStruckHorrors

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.stalker-zone.info%2Fnews%2Fvesti_s_polej_ili_podderzhim_gsc_vmeste%2F2011-12-12-986

News from the field or support GSC together!

Today, at 9:30 am Kiev time, the former office of GSC Game World will meet fans in support of development and to clarify the situation, which is already the third day of concern not only our coun...try but also the country's west. Just one question: "Why?" Manage the process bude Ilya "YozeF" Markelov. Starting from the designated time, Ilya has promised to publish the news in a special group VKontakte and on a personal page on Twitter. According to him, in the office just to come: Ruslan Didenko, Oleg Yavorsky and Alexander Plichko.

We are waiting for developments. As information becomes available, we will update this news.

14:40 (GMT) - information from the page VK Ilya Markelov:

"It was one of the employees were not, apparently all came from the yard.

Then, standing on the floor, we saw a lot of developers who have not been waiting for.

In the end we went to Oleg and Ruslan.

Details of the evening. "

14:15 (GMT) - Information from the official GSC Group In Touch:

"The campaign in support of the GSC is complete.

Confirm or deny the fact of closure of the company today would not be "

11:37 (GMT) - personal communication with Oleg Yavorsky on facebook:

Oleg: "First of all, thank you and all the fans for moral support. All in your head does not fit, you're right. Nothing I will not comment. The most that we can all do now - believe that the project would not die and will live ".

Edited by SRINI87