Invisible, Inc

dylanjosh

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to start by thanking MT Sire for sharing the extra code of INCOGNITA with me.

Immediately installed it, played it for ~30 minutes today and impressions are as follows (first early access experience so cut me some slack),

• Game runs in windowed mode for now, although it never crashed for the entire time I messed around in it.
  • The camera is fixed in an isometric single position for now (or at-least I could not figure how to play around with it, save panning around the map-space)
  • No way to reassign the controls (for now), so I played with the settings.
  • Art style is an eclectic mix of 2.5D isometric angle and cut-away aesthetics.

Will spend more time over the weekend and update with actual in-game screen-shots (slightly doctored).

• 3 months later...

You didn't say if you enjoyed it or not :/

It was not developed to the point where I could make much out of it.

In-fact even now, after the latest update, I am divided about the game. The lack of end-game content and more than that lack of internal motivation to play it, I cannot actually gauge it accurately or even at a rudimentary level of enjoyable or no.

Anyway, INCOGNITA is now, INVISIBLE Inc. after the latest update (16 / 17 / 01 / 14).

• 2 months later...

Invisible Inc. ALPHA patch 9 out, now features a tutorial

Invisible, Inc. has a new alpha update along with a sharp video outlining some of the latest changes to the turn-based, espionage game. It's the ninth update for developer Klei Entertainment's alpha, with the new build giving players greater infiltration options but also tougher guards to try and deal with.

The game's player-controlled agents now have a new type of character upgrade call Augments, a change you can see previewed in the video above. The developer wants player progression to be a more "meaningful" experience and the Augments have been added to address that.

It's worth pointing out the update added a tutorial to offset what even the developer observes to be an "insane" learning curve, according to the patch description. Access to the alpha currently costs $17 through the game's website which gets you a copy for yourself as well as an extra to give to a friend when the game officially launches.

Source: PCGamer

• 4 months later...

Steam early access release: 19 August

For the duration of its time in Early Access, Invisible, Inc. will be available for $15.99, 20 percent off its full price of $19.99. The game will be available for Mac and Windows PC, with Klei looking into a Linux version for later down the line. The developer also plans to make tweaks based on feedback throughout the Early Access period and encourages players to drop notes and suggestions on the game's official forums.

Weird, this forum doesn't have any activity on Indie games.

Anyways, played the early access. Easy to learn but hard to master turn-based stealth game. Well polished, appealing art style, solid premise and lot of replay value. The gameplay mechanics are very tight so far, and very intuitive and simple.

Early access games are usually a tough sell, but this one has held up well. AAA developers can learn a thing or two from Indie developers before making stealth games. (yes, I'm looking at you Square).

PC Gamer has reviewed the early access.

Good. Klei has made another great stealth game and it's so committed to keep improving on what it already has, it made the brave move of displaying a countdown to the next build on the game's main menu. It'd be great if it got a bigger scale, with more to do between missions and a more accessible difficulty, but it's already good.

Archived