The Official Grand Tour Thread

Snake

Opening Post updated with vids of the Race as well as the Ferrari FXX..plz have a look!!

The Fiat Panda gag in 13.3 is hilarious. But the the rally car sequence was absolutely breathtaking. One of the best ever spots in Top Gear history.
Quoted for Truth !!

The rally scene was awesome.... :roflroll: the fiat minis500s too :roflroll:

the rest of the choosing the car for a 17 year old thing was pretty boring

The Fiat Panda gag in 13.3 is hilarious. But the the rally car sequence was absolutely breathtaking. One of the best ever spots in Top Gear history.

lol.. the 500 gag was nice.. 'what if u want a car that starts with an A...lolol..

also, 'admit it.. when you girls c a handbrake turn.. u get a crisis..!1 :(

may's face in the rally sequence was priceless.

• 2 weeks later...

Clarkson Meets Yamauchi Wearing Offensive T-Shirt

jeremy-clarkson-offensive-tshirt.jpg

Now it’s time for something that’s strange, funny, and disturbing all at the same time! In his weekly column for the Times Online, infamous Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson has told a bizarre and hilarious tale on himself. It all started when Clarkson’s wife purchased an offensive t-shirt for him, with a nasty word in big, bold letters on the front. Of course, he couldn’t help but wear it to work for Top Gear rehearsals, providing lots of laughs until Kazunori Yamauchi and his team dropped in for a visit…

“Naturally, there was much bowing, and a lot of accepting and presenting business cards with two hands. Obviously, I didn’t give him my business card because I don’t actually have a business. Or a card. But I found one in my pocket — from David Linley, the furniture maker, strangely — and gave him that. It didn’t matter. He couldn’t speak English. None of them could. Which is why they weren’t offended by my shirt.

But then, equally inevitably, out came the cameras. Many hand signals suggested they wanted me to pose with their head honcho and, of course, I obliged. It would have been rude to say no. But not, as it turns out, half as rude as appearing in the firm’s promotional material in a T-shirt bearing the worst word in the world. Which is what’s happened.”

We would absolutely love to get our hands on this picture, but for now we’ll have to settle on the one shot of Clarkson’s new shirt above. However, this wouldn’t be GTPlanet if we didn’t try to squeeze out some GT5 news from the editorial, and Clarkson incidentally gives GT fans just enough rope to hang themselves:

“…they were in England to map out and chart the Top Gear test track for inclusion in the next, even more realistic version.”

Top Gear - Season 13, Episode 2

In this episode:

* The boys set out to find the best cars for a 17-year old boy while being able to pay insurance and pass age-related challenges

* Richard goes to Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates to drive a Lamborghini Murciélago LP670-4 SV and drag races it against a Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren 722 Edition

* Richard and the Stig do a mile long drag race with a Bugatti Veyron and a McLaren F1

* SIARPC: Stephen Fry

Pics of the Top Gear Office during the Insurance challenge

vlcsnap-13595368.png

vlcsnap814653.jpg

mplayerc200907181103084.png

Girls you had to impress to win the challenge

mplayerc200907181106427.png

Stig Photocopying His Face

snapshot20090628222428.jpg

snapshot20090628222512.jpg

Hammond Saying "No, no accidents in the last 5 years."

vlcsnap-157745.png

Jeremy and Hammond dont know what is a bong??

"That's got to be medical. It must be."

vlcsnap-98881.png

"I don't know what that IS."

vlcsnap-100595.png

Lamborghini Murciélago LP670-4 SV

mplayerc200907181103366.png

mplayerc200907181103513.png

mplayerc200907181105052.png

The Abu Dhabi Road

mplayerc200907181104588.png

Lamborghini Murciélago LP670-4 SV vs Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren 722

mplayerc200907181105305.png