The Sales Charts Thread

But don't you think there is something wrong with their strategy?

This would have worked well when you have installbase as big as PS2 or there was a scarcity of good 3rd party titles, so the people who are inclined towards a specific genre would be a enough to make each of them a success.

We don't have break-ups here, but we have seen it that Dead Island beat R3 and DNF on 360 outsold infamous 2(in the opening week), I'm trying to state the general reluctance in buying the exclusives, arising out of the problem of plenty.

Worth mentioning is that most of the titles have great review scores and many of them look superb visually.

yea japan toh is sony's akhara...over there xbox ko asa dhobi pachad diya hai....ki sala dikhai nahi deta hai..... :lol:

Do you really think, that titles which I have listed, all except Yakuza, have set the JP charts on fire?

They are for western audience and JP taste is very very different from EU and US.

Do you really think, that titles which I have listed, all except Yakuza, have set the JP charts on fire?

They are for western audience and JP taste is very very different from EU and US.

not every title has to set charts on fire and beside there was lot of japanese exlcuive for ps3 also....so it is not like ps3 caters to only western taste.

not every title has to set charts on fire and beside there was lot of japanese exlcuive for ps3 also....so it is not like ps3 caters to only western taste.

I'm not talking about the JP titles. I'm talking about titles which EU, US and we play here. Titles made for JP gotta do good over there, otherwise what is the point of making them.

i remember there was this ign guy who said that gears 3 would outsell like 5 ps3 exclusives. considering how well gears is selling, is that actually going to happen? :P

Yeah it may happen if you count certain exclusives like LBP, MSA and R3. While if you count exclusives like GT5, UC3 it will never happen.

It's kinda sad that almost all genres besides shooters and sports are almost dead. It's not only about PS3 exclusives but see other multiplats, they hardly sell. Even MS exclusive like Alan Wake and Mass Effect 1 didn't do great numbers. Hell even Forza 4 numbers won't match Halo-gears.

@Udham: Check western forums, there people don't even touch PS3 if there is no exclusive to play. Besides CC made a valid point on number of studios Sony is having. Also I may be wrong but all the exclusives barring few have crossed 2 million mark on PS3. Which I think is decent enough.

Well... yes, but the number of units sold in a tenth of those sold in the US.

Japan is dead.

Khamosh.

Shatrughan7.jpg

japan amar hai.....2 atom bomb bhi is desh ka kuch nahi ukhar paya....it will never die .... american log ko toh koyla aur heera ka farak nahi pata ...kuch bhi lenga sala log........japan ka baat hi alag hai...waha jeet ke dikhao toh maane...B)

I'm not talking about the JP titles. I'm talking about titles which EU, US and we play here. Titles made for JP gotta do good over there, otherwise what is the point of making them.

ps3 came from nothing to this and mostly riding on the shoulders of its exclusives ....so the point is that despite being the costliest console ...despite coming one year late in the market and despite very negative response ....today it sales are comparable....these exclusives are driving ps3 growth ....

@Udham: Check western forums, there people don't even touch PS3 if there is no exclusive to play.

ps3 came from nothing to this and mostly riding on the shoulders of its exclusives

but we have seen that Dead Island beat R3 and DNF on 360 outsold infamous 2(in the opening week), I'm trying to state the general reluctance in buying the exclusives, arising out of the problem of plenty.

Yeah it may happen if you count certain exclusives like LBP, MSA and R3. While if you count exclusives like GT5, UC3 it will never happen.

the dude was specific about which 5 games he was referring to. they were all 2011 releases, not sure if uc3 was counted or not. if would be quite funny if gears did in fact outsell them all...

^^R3 was not the most anticipated title after how R2 was and people buy sh*t on 360 :P

But serioulsy, Inf 2 did outsell or matched DNF multiplatfrom sales if I am not wrong. Also Infamous 2 was on PSN too

@ Spinny I doubt it but who knows gears is big in americas but outselling 5 ps exclusive titles means it must be doing 10 million approx.

japan amar hai.....2 atom bomb bhi is desh ka kuch nahi ukhar paya....it will never die .... american log ko toh koyla aur heera ka farak nahi pata ...kuch bhi lenga sala log........japan ka baat hi alag hai...waha jeet ke dikhao toh maane...B)

Yeah. Japan survived the bombs only to die a slow death of its own making.

I think this thread needs a constant reminder that America =/= world :P

Never assumed it.

Infi 2 outsold DNF or any other game released in June in worldwide charts, except Ocarina of Time.

It should have, as it was the biggest release of the month beside Ocarina of Time. I was talking about opening week in UK where it got outsold by 360DNF.

It also stood 3rd in the US, below Noire and DNF, for month of June.

Obviously ppl will be starving for blood if you don't feed them for months

:bigyellowgrin:

Archived