The Football Thread

Xeno

Offside. Although it was too hard for the linesman to call it because there was a defender very close to the touchline. Infact I didn't even think of offside until the replays were shown again.

Walcott and Arshavin changed the game. I felt so, so bad about Arshavin. Still a classic winger, and reduced to cameo appearances. And this is someone who loves the club enough to not leave easily. And there are strong reports about Walcott going off to Juve by winter window. Gervinho gets into such brilliant positions but why the f**k does he not pass is beyond me. Podolski combines very well but his physical presence is quite less than what's demanded.

Wilshere :majesty: Sagna :majesty: Wilshere looked like he was never injured. Sublime touches and pin-point passing. For the first time this season, I felt someone was playing even better than Cazorla. And when you consider the trio of Arteta, Wilshere and Cazorla in midfield :fap: Too bad Ox is injured, would have been interesting to see him make runs when the passing would be there. Also I realize Jenkinson has been one of the very few consistent players for Arsenal and deserves his place in the first squad, but a fit Sagna is one of the best RBs in the league.

Santos :doh: Likeable character and all, but I'm sorry you cannot have a player who cannot concentrate on defending for more than 5 minutes in the whole match. He probably won just 1 tackle and gave the possession away 10 times. Horrible play. He was totally outplayed against Schalke and similar scenes yesterday except this team did not have a Farfan to provide and a Huntelaar to finish. Bring Gibbs back soon or play Vermaelen at LB. Heck play an RB like Jenkinson/Yennaris at LB but get rid of Santos.

Also Giroud needs to man up. He's losing his confidence and you can see that on the pitch too. Saw him get frustrated a lot of times when he wasn't even in a good position himself. Definitely missing a good striker upfront.

Anyways a win was needed before the big test next week but I'd really not take this as a win but rather a poor draw.