The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Karooo

that won't last. 40-42 onwards i started having a lot of problems with magic. the dps doesn't even compare to archery which is the 2nd style of combat i'm using. to play a magic character, you seriously need the right build for it, which includes a lot of points in the destruction tree, a lot of enchants on your armor for mana regen or spell cost reduction and a lot of points spent in increasing mana when you level up. if you have a hybrid half assed build (like i do), destruction magic will not be able to sustain you because fights will be too long and you will run out of mana during them.

I have mana regen enchantments on my armor plus a mask which gives me 100% regen. I usually don't run out. I've also got quite a few perks in the destruction tree. Plus I have my one-handed attacks to fall back on. I've finally unlocked the double damage perk. That along with enchanted Legendary level weapons is overkill.

So, I'm thinking of settling down. I am planning to propose either Aela (assuming I finish the ever-pending companions' questline by this weekend) or Lydia (but I've heard that the marriage thing with her is broken - bugs and all).

They seem more practical than others and I've a thing for Nord girls.

The ceremony will take place this Sunday or when I've maxed pick-pocket. It's an almost nude wedding as everyone will be in their underpants (thanks to some awesome pickpocket perks) and I will transform into a werewolf by the end of it, shocking everyone and letting the bride know that I'm ready to demonstrate my prowess in the bed.

Let the mead flow.

^^ Thats some f**ked up sh*t dude.

I raided Halted Stream Mine yesterday and seriously leveled up my smithing ability. Will the mine be replenished after a while or do I need to find other sources of veins.

Also, I ran all the way around the periphery wall of Whiterun. There are quite a few iron ore veins scattered around the place.

^^ SkyrimNexus is the best source for mods.

Get the mod to make ore veins glow brighter. Also, if your PC has 6GB or RAM or more, get the mod to allow the game to fill up 4GB of RAM rather than the default 2GB. This improves performance.

I also use a mod called Rich Merchants to make traders have 10,000 gold rather than the piddly 700 - 2000 gold they usually carry. Helps with mass dumping of loot.

I also use a mod called Rich Merchants to make traders have 10,000 gold rather than the piddly 700 - 2000 gold they usually carry

This sounds more like a cheat than a mod :lol: What if you kill them and take all the money?

Edited by Super Zombie

I agree with ambar, the merchant mod is pretty much a cheat because it makes the Speech tree quite useless (the +1000 merchant gold is a lvl 100 perk). And even without the mod I'm still making tons of of money. I usually just dump excess crap in one of my houses and sell it once the merchants replenish their cash. Also, fences typically carry more gold than most vendors.

Anyway, here's another example of Skyrim invading my thoughts...

Was driving to work today and I saw a guy working in a dug up hole on the side of the road. Only his body from waist up was visible from a distance. I immediately thought... "oh look, another glitch!" (I was reminded of the guy near the Whiterun stables who is almost always partially under the ground).

Edited by Tyler

Get the mod to make ore veins glow brighter. Also, if your PC has 6GB or RAM or more, get the mod to allow the game to fill up 4GB of RAM rather than the default 2GB. This improves performance.

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1013

is this the mod ur talking about?... I only have 4GB of ram so is that enough or do i need more than 4GB to run the mod

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1013

is this the mod ur talking about?... I only have 4GB of ram so is that enough or do i need more than 4GB to run the mod

you'd need more than 4 GB RAM if you have to use a mod which uses 4 gigs. You do need some RAM for background ops

I raided Halted Stream Mine yesterday and seriously leveled up my smithing ability. Will the mine be replenished after a while or do I need to find other sources of veins.

Also, I ran all the way around the periphery wall of Whiterun. There are quite a few iron ore veins scattered around the place.

mines will replenish after 10 or 30 days of ingame time. not really sure which. mining is cool and all but honestly, you're better off just buying iron from the stores. you won't have to carry around a 10 weight pickaxe and you can just earn money and buy stuff in the time it takes to mine sh*t. plus, if you're looking to level smithing, leather is the best way to go. hunt animals in your travels around the world, collect their pelts, bring it back to town, make it into leather and strips and craft leather bracers. then enchant them with petty soul gems so greatly increase their value and sell them. you'll get more money and level up 2 skills.

I also use a mod called Rich Merchants to make traders have 10,000 gold rather than the piddly 700 - 2000 gold they usually carry. Helps with mass dumping of loot.

the large address aware flag is being integrated into the game exe. the patch is in testing right now and should be out on steam in the next couple of days i guess. the mod will not be required after that.

as for merchants, 10k gold is definitely kind of cheating. there's another mod which reduces the time it takes for gold to respawn which is a bit better i'd (although it can be set to instant money respawns). if you're having troubles with merchants, do the thieves guild quest line. you'll get access to fences who will buy stolen sh*t as well and spawn with 4000 gold.

Was driving to work today and I saw a guy working in a dug up hole on the side of the road. Only his body from waist up was visible from a distance. I immediately thought... "oh look, another glitch!" (I was reminded of the guy near the Whiterun stables who is almost always partially under the ground).

yea that dude is bugged in my game too. although i think he died during a particular quest chain (won't mention it because it's a spoiler).

Edited by spindoctor

How can I sell my loot goodies?? When trading with merchants loot dont even show up :(

Not all merchants buy all types of goods (you need a perk for that). Blacksmiths will usually buy weapons and armor, alchemists will buy potions etc. Some vendors however buy goods of any type (for example General Goods vendors).

Every merchant only trades in few specific "category" of items only.

Like a weapons traider in Warmaiden would buy only weapons and armor and NOT potions etc..

when trading with a merchants only those items are lists which you can trade with that particular merchant

Edited by DevilsOwn

if you're looking to level smithing, leather is the best way to go. hunt animals in your travels around the world, collect their pelts, bring it back to town, make it into leather and strips and craft leather bracers. then enchant them with petty soul gems so greatly increase their value and sell them. you'll get more money and level up 2 skills.

Hunting animals is a pain 'cuz you cant find a bunch of them in one place. Running all over looking for the critters is a huge waste of time.

I talk to reaper every day about this game. he's playing it on the PS3 and is around lvl 30. He hasn't complained about a single gamebreaking issue so far. Weird. All of the bugs he's encountered are the common ones which exist on all versions of the game.

lvl 35 beech!!! and yes .. i can vouch for teh PS3 version .. ocassional drop in frame rate (esp while using shouts) or spells with major graphic effects .. and ocassional crashes .. else everything is fine and dandy.

Hunting animals is a pain 'cuz you cant find a bunch of them in one place. Running all over looking for the critters is a huge waste of time.

You don't have to look for them. You are guaranteed to run into bears, deers and wolves almost every time you're out in the wilderness. Unless you fast travel a lot :|

exactly. unless you are powerleveling the skill (which you really shouldn't do), you will have no troubles in getting leather from animals in your regular adventuring. heck you don't even need to give up fast traveling for it... just kill whatever animals you see and use the leather to level up smithing at a normal pace. this will let you progress in armor tiers at a pace which the game is balanced around.. first you get steel, then move on to dwarven, then ebony and so on.

if one were to powerlevel crafting skills and end up with legendary deadric armor/weapns at level 10, they'll be able to one shot every enemy they meet but what would be the point of that? it will literally ruin the game experience. there are lots of guides out there to exploit the game mechanics to create uber powerful gear but in a single player game, if someone does this the only person they are cheating is themselves.