PlayStation Vita Thread

Cash

Trackpad + accelerometer + 5'OLED touchscreen + touch sensitive buttons+ unmatchable power in such a small device. when i think of all this i cannot think of less than 500$

nah,

299 and 349 is my guess as well

they just can't price it way over the PS3

PS: remember they may not make money on the hardware in starting as has been confirmed by a lot of their management, for confirmation just google :)

Trackpad + accelerometer + 5'OLED touchscreen + touch sensitive buttons+ unmatchable power in such a small device. when i think of all this i cannot think of less than 500$

Ipod touch 4g has almost similar specs (save for a souped up cpu/gpu & a bigger screen) and costs them less than 200$ to produce that too 6 months ago. i'll be mighty surprised if the base model of the NGP will cost or be priced more than 300$

Ipod touch 4g has almost similar specs (save for a souped up cpu/gpu & a bigger screen) and costs them less than 200$ to produce that too 6 months ago. i'll be mighty surprised if the base model of the NGP will cost or be priced more than 300$

No OLED, that is very costly my friend :wallbash:

and then the touch has almost no hardware to speak of (not electronics but external)

here you have many buttons and the sticks

I think Sony is waiting for Nintendo to confirm the prices before they announce it themselves.

+1

It has that also...what will that be used for??

motion sensing games, the tilting types yeah that is the kid's/girls stuff :devil:

For the love of god bitches, IT CANT BE MORE THEN THE PRICE OF ps3 :chair:

well knowing Sony, it can be anything :doh:

but the base version (wifi only) will be like 250 to 300, like I said earlier if Sony go for the kill and price it at 250 - I see NO ONE buying a 3DS except fanboys

how much would I love to have it at $250 :blush:

PS: I see no point in buying a 3G version in India, so i avoided that price

but the base version (wifi only) will be like 250 to 300, like I said earlier if Sony go for the kill and price it at 250 - I see NO ONE buying a 3DS except fanboys

Hmmm...pricing it from 250-300 its still pretty much VFM IMO, besides paying for NGP more then the console just does not make any sense and hopefully Sony know this, anyways time will tell,

I don't really think Sony will really price it at 249$. Since we are the customers, our greatest concern is if Sony overprices the NGP. But Sony looks at it from more than one angle. They have set a price range that hits the sweet spot and also ensure that they don't OVERPRICE or UNDERVALUE the NGP. If they do price the NGP at around the 250$ mark then Sony risks undervaluing an already impressive product. Their internal analysts will analyse the situation something like this:

1) The difference in profits between the 250$ and the 300$ mark would be negligible over the lifespan of the product and so Sony risks NOT capitalising on margin profits(which will make a big difference in the long run). A price tag of 250$ will hurt Nintendo hard. But again Sony risks undermining the NGP's rich product value. Plus there's no way to recover on this loss because the pricing scheme always follows the top-to-bottom approach.

2) I seriously doubt the total BOM(Bill Of Materials) costs for the NGP would be below the 250$ mark, excluding overheads. I can vouch for this because the 3DS itself retails for 250$ which includes BOM + Extra Overheads. Taking this into account i don't think its even possible for Sony to dream about setting a launch price in the 250$ range at launch.

3) The DS launched at 149$ and the 3DS launched at 249$. Nobody questioned Nintendo about the 100$ difference when they could've simply launched the 3DS at the 200$ mark let alone at the same launch price of the DS. Sony will also follow suit and price the NGP using the same price scaling.

4) The PS3 is priced at 299$. Sony would not want to indirectly their own PS3 sales by launching the NGP at 250$. Instead, i bet Sony will announce a 50$ price cut for the PS3 a few months before or at the launch of the NGP.

5) If Sony does decide to launch the NGP at 299$, then rest assured that Nintendo will announce a heafty price drop for the 3DS a few months before the NGP launches.

Archived