How Irrational's cancelled 'The Lost' found itself in India

Irrational Games opened up its virtual "Vault," delivering information about its appropriately named PS2/Xbox game The Lost. "It was Silent Hill meets Zelda meets Devil May Cry in the sense that it was a series of levels in linear fashion, but within the levels, there was freedom," explained Games Design Director Bill Gardner.

Though Irrational decided not to release the project, it ended up making it to retail -- in India. Irrational decided to license the game to an Indian studio called FXLabs, whose CEO was working to build up the Indian game industry. FXLabs kept the game design, but localized it for PC as Agni: Queen of Darkness, even adding Bollywood actors. Above, actress Malaika Arora performs in a music video built around footage of the game.

In other words, there's an Irrational game out there you haven't played. Try to live with that!

Source-Joystiq

Well that video got two firangs going:

First, I would like to ask, "WHAT THE EFF JUST HAPPENED?"

Then, I would like to retire to my quarters with my lube bag and copy of this video.

I never felt so atracted to an Indian woman before... She's awesomely gorgeous!

This was the game that bankrupted the FX labs. I remember when this was launched, how FX labs was going gaga on Indian gaming at international level (yes you guessed it right, SRK and trine copied those lines from them for Ra.One game)

Malaika was paid a fortune for this game. FX labs licensed Unreal Engine for this, hired two firangi devs. The game performed miserably because of the whooping development cost and because it was on PC .

After this game, FXlab never tried anything else in gaming at this level.

Some launch info:

http://www.gameguru.in/pc/2008/22/agni-pc-game-launched-in-india-by-fxlabs-zapak-and-sify/

^^^

Well that is sad that indian developers dont earn a sh*t from games. i guess they need to rethink that Indian gamers dont want games like hanuman, ra.one etc but want games more of like the Western Kind or of like who knows CATHERINE. :P

Archived