IGC 2012

genesis

forget that now, prize or not, twice EVO Tekken 6 champ lost to an Indian guy, this is huge ..... HUGE

Am I the only one not surprised ?

T6 scene here is better than SF, plus we don't attend EVO(Shad & Seph attending this year though ) so that was as expected.

Bet he was estimating us to be too free & got owned, like someone else did in the first match of a 5 rounds,unfininshed FT10.

/JK :P

JK = Jaaaaaaaaaaguar Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick

@Avkash - Its huge If someone beat Daigo or wong maybe in SF ... remember when Tokido bodied everyone in tekken after playing it just for a couple of months casually :S , find it hard to take that game too seriously after that...

Also theres an indian player called RIP who consistently places top 8 at EVO ...

forget that now, prize or not, twice EVO Tekken 6 champ lost to an Indian guy, this is huge ..... HUGE

Yes... This is indeed huge.. Commendable job... Now that he has beaten the best, would he be given the opportunity to go elsewhere and compete at an international level? Would he get the sponsors? I think not... And hence my original statement stands...

^^ If someone beat Daigo or wong maybe in SF ... remember when Tokido bodied everyone in tekken after playing it just for a couple of months casually :S , find it hard to take that game too seriously after that...

Also theres an indian player called RIP who consistently places top 8 at EVO ...

lol Kor & other guys were too free in Cross Assault.

Tekken is about the combos & dishing dmg, yomi is sparingly used

Yes... This is indeed huge.. Commendable job... Now that he has beaten the best, would he be given the opportunity to go elsewhere and compete at an international level? Would he get the sponsors? I think not... And hence original my statement stands...

Tekken scene is not very big in US so many players arent sponsored ... theres still a chance though am not saying no , he could get sponsors (Its also his decision , does he want to pursue Gaming as a professional career? would his family be ok with it etc).

Like i said if this was Street Fighter and someone here beat Daigo, I can 100% confirm that person will get sponsored the very next day .... now if only we could get some fkin videos and results... goddamit this tourney is such a mess

This is really sad... First of all Indian Gamers are not considered to be on par with the foreign counterparts.... And now this.... From what I have read this event was horribly organised and I would not be surprised if any of the foreign teams would visit India ever again... M sure they would be mentally scarred....

Yea i agree with foreign team mentality ... now even if there is a Legit event with real money , they might not come....

nin losing was indeed I expected..................

I played tekken initially when I started my journey in FG scene, I met & fought some skilled Indian players. & after playin with some foreigners

I realized that Tekken scene in India is real gud, competitive, n full of skilled players. Dunno much about SF but here in India, Tekken is really popular here, I knew that Nin wouldn't stand a chance against our Desi Scene B)

but yea if it were wong or daigo, If anybody had beaten him here on SF. I can say the guy could make his career as a pro gamer in 1 night

BS to the guy who won :hi2:

heard that one of the organizer Mukesh Maurya got beaten up & hospitalized

http://www.erodov.com/forums/india-gaming-carnival-real-scam/50943-25.html

Oh my god..

I hope this news aint true... And if I am not wrong, Mukesh is the hardcore gamer among the organizers and the others are casual gamers... Irony that the hardcore gamer is in the CASUAL-TY yard :roflroll:

Oh my god..

I hope this news aint true... And if I am not wrong, Mukesh is the hardcore gamer among the organizers and the others are casual gamers... Irony that the hardcore gamer is in the CASUAL-TY yard :roflroll:

He's a scumbag for all I care.

I'll get flame for this but it's a beating deserved.

^^ Well if it was a pre-planned scam... Then I share your feelings.... But if this was only a series of misfortunes then I feel bad for the guy...

It was & is a pre planned scam.

All those who supported them blindly must equally shre the blame.

There is a line between optimistic & delusional

It was & is a pre planned scam.

All those who supported them blindly must equally shre the blame.

There is a line between optimistic & delusional

Pre-planned scam and they did not do a good job either... lagta hai kachha khiladi hai.... :bigyellowgrin:

Am I the only one not surprised ?T6 scene here is better than SF, plus we don't attend EVO(Shad & Seph attending this year though ) so that was as expected.Bet he was estimating us to be too free & got owned, like someone else did in the first match of a 5 rounds,unfininshed FT10./JK :P

JK = Jaaaaaaaaaaguar Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick

I hope you remember after that, the thing is it is easy to surprise a good player once but to do it repeatedly requires skill

@Avkash - Its huge If someone beat Daigo or wong maybe in SF ... remember when Tokido bodied everyone in tekken after playing it just for a couple of months casually :S , find it hard to take that game too seriously after that...Also theres an indian player called RIP who consistently places top 8 at EVO ...

:lol: It is really tough to beat Daigo as it is, beating him without any experience in a tourney or worse without any experience against him is almost impossible.

Remember Daigo's biggest strength is not his combos but his ability to read opponents. Psychic Shoryuken FTW B)

Yes... This is indeed huge.. Commendable job... Now that he has beaten the best, would he be given the opportunity to go elsewhere and compete at an international level? Would he get the sponsors? I think not... And hence my original statement stands...

err no, you said that Indian players are not thought of as being equal to the international counterparts, now that a champ is beaten only losers will still have that thinking

Tekken scene is not very big in US so many players arent sponsored ... theres still a chance though am not saying no , he could get sponsors (Its also his decision , does he want to pursue Gaming as a professional career? would his family be ok with it etc). Like i said if this was Street Fighter and someone here beat Daigo, I can 100% confirm that person will get sponsored the very next day .... now if only we could get some fkin videos and results... goddamit this tourney is such a mess

Yea i agree with foreign team mentality ... now even if there is a Legit event with real money , they might not come....

if in some really, really hypothetical scenario if it did happen at least more people here in India will get to know who the hell Daigo is

Also I cannot believe that nobody recorded any videos, I mean every f**king guy there would have a smartphone, God Gaurav could have given his very phone to record it :doh:

frankly though, the fact that the event did take place means that they wanted it to happen, it was not a scam

it is just that it was the pinnacle of mismanagement.

I think they overestimated the tickets sales and hence quoted the prizes, on top of that they acted like a prick and gave cocky replies to the interested people.

chalo kisi ki to pitai hui. what an unmitigated disaster this has turned out to be.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

@FT9 :rofl: should have put "True Story" pic in the end, for moar awesomeness B)

I think they overestimated the tickets sales and hence quoted the prizes, on top of that they acted like a prick and gave cocky replies to the interested people.

They have always claimed to have prepared the prize money in advance. Unless the check clears its hard to believe this was just a case of mismanagement.

Archived