PS3 proxy won't work

Grievous

it works...what pacifier said is correct...

1. Start downloading a game in bg.

2. goto log and copy the link.

3. paste the link in replace files pane and select the file

4. now, pause and resume within a frame of 2 secs..

you will get the same server address and your file will be served locally :)

i tried it with golden abyss thrice..jus to check and it worked all 3 times

Trying with Infamous 2 & it has given me 4 new URLs. Any way to bypass downloads and copy from PC now?

Keep on doing the exercise bhai. At some point it will resume at full speed. And no, there is no other method to directly copy paste unless you have *ahem*

Yaar the PS3 Proxy server software should have better search filter (like wildcards). Why does it need entire URL, when it can search that it contains the filename.pkg and pick up that file?

And Sony, why you do this?

Yaar the PS3 Proxy server software should have better search filter (like wildcards). Why does it need entire URL, when it can search that it contains the filename.pkg and pick up that file?

And Sony, why you do this?

They want you to suffer :devil:

Let Me explain you all better way of installing games , DLC's and Demos Via Proxy......... :) (NOTE : This method doesnt work with patches but i havent tested it yet )

Step 1 : Start Proxy server on your ps3 and pc ..

Step 2 : Now go to store to downlaod the game or dlc or the demo you want to install.

Step 3 : Start The Download On your ps3 ( Give it a minute )

Step 4: ( Be CAREFUL ON THIS PART) Now If you have router/modem then just plug out the DSL cable from it .. ( Remove that Cable Only and dont remove any other cable )

(ALSO you must have PS3 and PC on the same router/ modem )

Step 5 : Dont Pause The Download On Step 4 Do this when the download is resumed on your PS3....

Step 6 : After a minute or two you will get an error on ps3 .. ( Then plug your DSL cable back on router /modem )

Step 7 : Now Go to your pc and Check the logs tab on your pc and check the latest link , it would be the game's download address without any ip address........

Step 8 : Use that Address to download your .PKG file on your pc..

( I would recommend DAP everyone because it gives you full speed and I personally My self is using DAP to Download Ps3 Games and the best part is that even if lights go out and your pc shuts down immediately
your download wont get corrupted :wOOtjumpy: It has happened with me a few times )

Step 9 : After Downloading is completed go to proxy on pc and add the downloaded file and the link you used to downloaded on REPLACE FILES TAB.......................

Almost There ...... :loser:

Step 10 : Now again resume that download on your PS3 ( for a minute) and Again plug out your DSL CABLE from your router/ modem ........

( after a Minute Or Two ) your download will start AGAIN but this time It would be transferring Locally through pc...........

PLUG BACK YOUR DSL CABLE NOW WHEN THE FILE IS BEING TRANSFERED AND SEE THE GAME DOWNLOADING ON YOUR PS3 AT LIGHTNING SPEED.......................................

ENJOY B)

PS: I have used this method personally with Hitman Absolution worth 17 gb and 4 BF3 DLC's AND IT WORKED EVERYTIME........... :D :D

Let Me explain you all better way of installing games , DLC's and Demos Via Proxy......... :) (NOTE : This method doesnt work with patches but i havent tested it yet )

Step 1 : Start Proxy server on your ps3 and pc ..

Step 2 : Now go to store to downlaod the game or dlc or the demo you want to install.

Step 3 : Start The Download On your ps3 ( Give it a minute )

Step 4: ( Be CAREFUL ON THIS PART) Now If you have router/modem then just plug out the DSL cable from it .. ( Remove that Cable Only and dont remove any other cable )

(ALSO you must have PS3 and PC on the same router/ modem )

Step 5 : Dont Pause The Download On Step 4 Do this when the download is resumed on your PS3....

Step 6 : After a minute or two you will get an error on ps3 .. ( Then plug your DSL cable back on router /modem )

Step 7 : Now Go to your pc and Check the logs tab on your pc and check the latest link , it would be the game's download address without any ip address........

Step 8 : Use that Address to download your .PKG file on your pc..

( I would recommend DAP everyone because it gives you full speed and I personally My self is using DAP to Download Ps3 Games and the best part is that even if lights go out and your pc shuts down immediately

your download wont get corrupted :wOOtjumpy: It has happened with me a few times )

Step 9 : After Downloading is completed go to proxy on pc and add the downloaded file and the link you used to downloaded on REPLACE FILES TAB.......................

Almost There ...... :loser:

Step 10 : Now again resume that download on your PS3 ( for a minute) and Again plug out your DSL CABLE from your router/ modem ........

( after a Minute Or Two ) your download will start AGAIN but this time It would be transferring Locally through pc...........

PLUG BACK YOUR DSL CABLE NOW WHEN THE FILE IS BEING TRANSFERED AND SEE THE GAME DOWNLOADING ON YOUR PS3 AT LIGHTNING SPEED.......................................

ENJOY B)

PS: I have used this method personally with Hitman Absolution worth 17 gb and 4 BF3 DLC's AND IT WORKED EVERYTIME........... :D :D

Thanks a lot bro, I'm gonna try this as soon as I get home.

A bit of hard work required for that method, but will give it a try. For now, must say Airtel connection reliability is above par. Have downloaded 50GB+ of data in the last week directly off the PS3 (no proxy) and no errors.

But I'll still prefer if I could download on PC & transfer via proxy because both are currently connected via LAN to the router.

And it works!!

Thanks a lot gs_RoXxX, with the constant power cuts in Chennai I had losaround 30gb of game downloads on PS3 to corrupted downloads..

This would hopefully solve the problem, and helps me utilize my PS+ subscription better. Thanks again!!

Guys..I have problem..I recently downloaded Heavy rain demo on my PC via Proxy server..

But when i transferred it and tried to install it,an error occurred ..I transferred it again but the same thing happened..

What's the problem?Should i download the demo again?Or proxy has stopped working?

Please Help guys.

Archived