[PC] Ask The Experts Thread

arjun

Ok so I experienced this highly weird issue last night. I start F.E.A.R. (single player) and every thing's fine for like a minute or tow after which BAM! my game hangs and then everything goes to sh*t. Textures are going crazy, the entire game is bathed in pink and blue and red. I restart my PC and it works fine after that. Should I dismiss as a one time thing or should I be concerned?

And just so you understand what I'm saying, here's a screen...

2r7m5he.jpg

I thought about that but I've been playing on these drivers for a while now and never faced such an issue. Also I hear nvidia's latest drivers reduce frame rate considerably. True?

I thought about that but I've been playing on these drivers for a while now and never faced such an issue. Also I hear nvidia's latest drivers reduce frame rate considerably. True?

please check the 3d mark vantage score that i posted and see the difference with updated rivers :O

Yup. This has been confirmed at many sites.

^

You could use a partiton management software that resize partitions without having to erase your data.

Partition Magic is one, but it's not free.

Google around for more.

How do i change the partition on my hard drive? Its currently split in to 2, 60-90 but i want to make it 75-75.

Thanks.

Formatting is not really necessary. Just use Partition Magic to resize.

Always backup important files, in case something goes wrong.

h3lios,

Intel Core2Duo E7200 @ 2.53 Ghz - INR 5900

ABIT IP35-E Intel P35 ATX Motherboard - INR 5350

G.Skill PQ 4GB (4x 1GB) DDR2-800, CL5 - INR 4600

Palit GeForce 9600GSO 384MB 192 Bit GDDR3 - INR 6500

Total comes to 22,350. Although this is from ITWares. idk when they last updated their page. Prices may be cheaper now.

If it's the same price and you are on a really tight budget, I guess you could settle for 2GB memory for the time being. According to their price sheet, that 2GB G.Skill kit is 2300, so the price comes to exactly 20,050. :(

Since you have a 19" widescreen, I'd assume the 9600GSO would be good for you. :scratchchin:

I hope this helped.

Help me out...

i got 20K to spend on proc+mobo+ram (and video card if i got anything left over). This is for a gaming PC (a bit of photoshop and medium multitasking). Current specs are:

Forget video card in 20k got for a good machine you can pick a video card after a month or so....

Proc: Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz E8400 - (6MB L2 cache 3.0Ghz 1333MHz) 8750

RAm: Corsair (10 Yr Warranty) DDR 2 TWIN2X4096-6400C5 (2 X 2GB DDR2 800MhZ C5) 5500

ABit Fatal1ty FP-IN9 SLI NVIDIA�nForce� 650i SLI 1333 FSB 6950

6950+8750 + 5500 = 21200.

You can decrease the ram to 2gb if you wanns atay below 20k.

Dont bother looking at 9600 GT you will be running to upgrade in 2 months time :(

I suggested mine in case he isn't planning on upgrading after shelling out this 20k, but in the case he's willing to spend some more for the graphics a while later, yes, go with the E8400.

And I'd suggest a P35 based mobo over the 650i, just my opinion though.

I suggested mine in case he isn't planning on upgrading after shelling out this 20k, but in the case he's willing to spend some more for the graphics a while later, yes, go with the E8400.

And I'd suggest a P35 based mobo over the 650i, just my opinion though.

ya lets leave it to the boy we did our wor k :(

the q6600 is just a startup quad processor isnt too great....E8400 is far better and also overclocks like hell and consumes less power....better bet.