Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor

Heaven Angel

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Wins 17th Annual Game Developers Choice Awards GOTY - IGN

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, the action adventure role-playing game inspired by J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings from Monolith Productions, won Game of the Year at tonight’s Game Developers Choice Awards.

The action adventure title from Monolith beat out Platinum Games’ hack-and-slash Bayonetta 2, Bungie’s first-person shooter Destiny, Blizzard’s strategy card game Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft and Creative Assembly’s survival horror Alien: Isolation for the award.

Indie studio Ustwo’s mobile puzzle game, Monument Valley, walked away with the most awards by sweeping up all three of the categories it was nominated for. The illusory adventure title won the Innovation Award, Best Handheld/Mobile Game and Best Visual Art.

More here

http://in.ign.com/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor/73639/news/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor-wins-17th-annual-gam

• 1 month later...

Yea..but it's so repetitive that one gives up before unlocking 2nd area. :sleep:

I found the lack of variety in landscape as the only issue .. the gameplay although copied is nice and well executed .. when we go to the other area I thought mayb there are more sections with variety like this

• 2 weeks later...

So almost done with platinum trophy but i need to do these two things :-

1) Complete vendetta mission

2) acquire a level 25 rune.

Can somebody help me on how to acquire the rune ? Also how do i get a vendetta mission ? They dont appear in my map.

Thanks.

Massively lacks level design & variety though

That's what makes this game so boring and repetitive. All those stylish & slick stuff wears off quickly. uu8LFAK.gif The Nemesis system is nice, but gets too repetitive after a while.

Also, after sometime you become super powered. The game suddenly becomes cake-walk. You can basically walk in, surround yourself by 10-50 mobs and kill everyone without taking (much) damage. And if you do take damage, you can just speedrun. RSBN7T7.gifuu8LFAK.gif

Fun for few hours here and there though.

That's what makes this game so boring and repetitive. All those stylish & slick stuff wears off quickly. uu8LFAK.gif The Nemesis system is nice, but gets too repetitive after a while.

Also, after sometime you become super powered. The game suddenly becomes cake-walk. You can basically walk in, surround yourself by 10-50 mobs and kill everyone without taking (much) damage. And if you do take damage, you can just speedrun. RSBN7T7.gifuu8LFAK.gif

Fun for few hours here and there though.

yea some of those moves are just to awesome to look at .. I was going "damn thats badass" most of the time :P

• 7 months later...

played this game for close to 8 hrs and it was fun for the first couple of hours but the game is extremely repetitive!! i am actually getting fatigued by this!! the story is not even that interesting!! i am huge fan of Tolkien's works but this is yet another game that has fallen short of having me immersed in Middle earth!!

is it just me or most people who have played this game feel the same way ? the high ratings are surprising!!

^All games are but some are less repetitive and some are pain in a*s repetitive and this looks like pain in a*s repetitive .

My impression before the release and after the release of the game was same its a okay game nothing special through the IP has great potential to be great just like watch dogs.

Archived