The Formula 1 Thread

MarketTantrik

Buddh is an awesome track to drive around and spectacular to view as well.

For boring tracks, you have a mix of some classics and some new ones

- Monaco

- Hungaroring (good to drive around, though)

- Singapore

- Abu Dhabi

New venues like Sepang, China, Korea, Istanbul have fantastic tracks that create good viewing and are fantastic to drive around as well.

It's hard to believe, isn't it? Monaco was always a quali GP. Overtaking is nearly impossible. It's just the glitz and glamour around, that makes the GP special. Plus it's one of the oldest street circuits that features 'against the wall' driving.

EDIT: Yas Marina is the worst of the lot for me. FIA should either look into redesigning it or boot it.

Edited by devil_angel

Monaco is a shitty, horrible track for actual racing. They should simply award points for qualifying positions at the Monaco GP and do the bonkity-bonk on yachts on the Sunday.

Edit: They could also convert it into a 5 lap time trial per driver :P

Monaco is a shitty, horrible track for actual racing. They should simply award points for qualifying positions at the Monaco GP and do the bonkity-bonk on yachts on the Sunday.Edit: They could also convert it into a 5 lap time trial per driver :P

:rofl:

Monaco did offer something interesting whenever it rained though.

Buddh has potential — nice track to drive on but for some reason it produced one of the worst races of the season. The dust, maybe? And how the hell is Monaco boring? wacko.gif

All the Gulf tracks should be wiped off the calendar. Istanbul, Valencia, Catalunya, Korea, Shanghai and Hungaroring can all be left out as well. Replace them with Imola, Paul Ricard, Jerez, Portimao, Hong Kong and Potrero De Los Funes. Ideally I'd have Laguna Seca instead of the Austin Grand Prix. That will be an awesome calendar but it won't happen until Bernie kicks the bucket.

Credit where it's due: Bernie did well to set up the New Jersey Grand Prix. Should be spectacular.

Buddh has potential nice track to drive on but for some reason it produced one of the worst races of the season. The dust, maybe? And how the hell is Monaco boring?

Like this:

BORING.

And yeah, I'd like to see Ferrari scratching heads and fending themselves from enraged fans at Imola as well :P

I don't think Laguna Seca will make it in the next 5 years at least. Fans have been asking for the track for ages now :|

Edited by devil_angel

Then again, you reckon Valencia is a “driver's heaven” so it figures.

When did I ever say Monaco is a let down for the drivers? It's a fantastic track for them; but the races are usually snoozefests for the audience (Quali is always the one to watch). It's similar to Valencia in a way, but 'V' doesn't even have 1% of what Monaco has to offer in glamour.

This year's Monaco Grand Prix was hardly a snoozefest. I can't remember too many bad ones over there either. In any case debating about Monaco is pointless as it is here to stay whether you like it or not.

Valencia on the other hand is the most retarded track on the calendar right now and it has to go.

This year's Monaco Grand Prix was hardly a snoozefest. I can't remember too many bad ones over there either. In any case debating about Monaco is pointless as it is here to stay whether you like it or not.

Valencia on the other hand is the most retarded track on the calendar right now and it has to go.

That, I agree with you.

As far as Valencia is concerned, I neiher hate it nor like it. Personally, I won't be affected if it stays or if is booted.

Monaco is a shitty, horrible track for actual racing. They should simply award points for qualifying positions at the Monaco GP and do the bonkity-bonk on yachts on the Sunday.

Cute. It's like you're being mean to your ex for finding someone better than you.

Monaco is awesome for 2 reasons. It's super precise and the margin for error is virtually non existent. And it's got the appeal of a long legged super model who is to be admired every time she makes an appearance. Don't go looking for intellect and you'll be fine.

For me the boring tracks are simply the ones where I tune out automatically and have my mind on other stuff while the race is going on. This has happened the most in Valencia (I actually slept!), Singapore (some of the turns are just weird), Bahrain, Suzuka & BIC (I hate myself for it but India still doesn't have much stake in the standings).

Yas Marina is along similar lines as Monaco. While not a super model for me it's the dumb blonde of F1 tracks. Kinda like Pam in her prime. :D

For me the boring tracks are simply the ones where I tune out automatically and have my mind on other stuff while the race is going on. This has happened the most in Valencia (I actually slept!), Singapore (some of the turns are just weird), Bahrain, Suzuka & BIC (I hate myself for it but India still doesn't have much stake in the standings).

This +100. I don't care if its driver's heaven since I'm not a driver, but from a spectator's point of view all these new tracks are absolute snoozefests (except Suzuka :ack:)

And I can't believe people find Monaco boring, even if there's no overtaking there's actual balls to the walls racing that happens for 70-80 laps, at almost every single turn, makes you cringe every time and it never gets old.

And I can't believe people find Monaco boring, even if there's no overtaking there's actual balls to the walls racing that happens for 70-80 laps, at almost every single turn, makes you cringe every time and it never gets old.

Which is why qualifying is more exciting than the race.

The race is boring because there is next to no margin for error for overtaking, rendering the concept pointless. As for this year's race, it was the tyres that spiced things up, but even then, an ailing Vettel managed to keep two much faster cars behind him.