Gears of War 4

PS Fan

Naya studio hai...Let's give them a chance to prove themselves..If next Gears is like Order or Judgement then series is dead forever.

I am ready to wait and give them a chance but with these new chooza log, I doubt they will ever even come close to characters like Fenix or Cole train.

But ya lets wait it out, I would be extremely happy to be proven wrong and would love to play gears again.

& that's what i'm pointing to

ppl who used "generic" in Order thread like their ancestors developed the word

are simply shying away from using that here

Well i dont think they will give up the gameplay mechanics that made it so popular in the first place,they will just add a couple of new things,concentrate on the story and make the mp more competitive and fun. Throw in the dedicated servers and i am sure the games gonna do well.

Order being a new ip had nothing to offer except for graphics, it was a step backwards copying other games instead of creating its own identity.

Stop comparing Gears with that Flop wannabe Gears game..Game was sh*t and got what it deserved.

Gears 4 will be a much better game overall...

Stop bringing other games into the discussion, this is Gears thread and we should only talk about Gears here.

Edited by WhiteWolf

• 3 weeks later...

It's good they are making it more like original Gears. All Gears fans wants dark/gritty style of original Gears back. Gears 3 was way too bright and colorful for a Gears game.

Don't think this game will be remotely close to the CliffyB awesomeness

Casey Hudson is also not working on next Mass Effect as creative director, but that doesn't mean Andromeda will suck or not be able to match Mass Effect 2 or 3 lol..

Lot of people who worked with Cliff on First 3 Gears are working on Gears 4 now..Rod was working with Cliff since Gears 1. Lot of former Lead Epic employees who worked on First 3 Gears games are now part of Coliation studios. Gears 3 multiplayer designer is now working for Coliation.

Gears 4 reveal demo failed to create same impact as Gears1 E3 2006 demo but that doesn't mean Coliation can't make a good Gears game..It's not fair to write them off without even giving them a chance.

Edited by WhiteWolf

List them & then we can see if it's comparable to ME4 case

Cos the whole dev team there is same

They have not posted full list of employees on their site.

Can you post list of names working on ME:Andromeda ?? Andromeda is developed by a new EA Bioware Montreal studio with new creative Director not old Bioware Edmonton (studio behind first 3 ME games) . Edmonton is working on a new IP or something not Mass Effect.

How many ppl who worked in epic are here?!?

I read on Reddit around 8 people joined Coliation from Epic Gears team plus Rod Fergueson, who worked with Cliff on all Gears games is head of Coliation studios...He very well understands what makes Gears special. :D

Also Gears 1 was grey coz of technical limitations

How come Gears 2 and 3 were so bright and colorful then? Both games were released on same hardware using same tech..Mass Effect 1 was also released around same time as original Gears using same unreal engine 3 technology and it was all bright and colorful...lol

Go watch Gears behind the scene making video..Dark/Grey atmosphere was design/artistic decision not technical limitation of the hardware lol

It wasn't a dark or remotely gritty horror game apart from the Berserker sequence

LOL wut? Go play Gears again then..

You are saying Nightfall section was not dark/gritty? It's easily one of the best section in terms of atmosphere.

What about Downpour chapter in Belly of the Beast section?

Edited by WhiteWolf

You don't know sh*t about any game..Better shut up :lol:

Mass effect 1 & gears 1 released at the same time?!? :rofl:

ME was using same engine as Gears...So, it proves there was no technical limitation of hardware or engine..It was Cliff's artistic/design decision to make it dark/gritty third person shooter with monsters.

Gears was dark coz of hardware limitation ? :rofl: Abey isko lekar jaao koi :rofl:. If Gears was dark/grey coz of 360 hardware limitation then Killzone 2 was also dark/grey coz of PS3's hardware limitation :rofl:

Condemed Criminal Origins, which was released in 2005 on Xbox 360 exclusively, was also dark and scary coz of hardware limitation ? :rofl:

And what about that Gears clone Dark Sector? It was also dark/grey on 360 and PS3 coz of hardware limitation, right ? :P.

Also how ME 4 is turning up can be only commented upon once it's revealed

Gears 4 k liye bhi wait kar..Let them show more footage and share some info..about story and characters and then comment if it's good or bad. :| Judging the final game based on Early Alpha footage :doh: .

Let the game come out and then comment...Atleast give them a chance to prove themselves :ack: If it's bad like Judgment then series is dead forever.

I didn't know that ME 2 wasn't a Bioware game lol

What? ME trilogy was developed by Bioware Edmonton and ME:Andromeda is by newly formed Bioware Montreal studio :|

Edited by WhiteWolf

Is BW Montreal created overnight with full new staff & teams

I really have no clue how can you compare splitting of Bioware with Coalition

There is no way to know how EA forms studios internally.. Who knows if they created that new studio just make future ME games exclusively..

A completely new studio from ground up

That's why you should give them a chance and wait till game is out.

Anyway that yet has to reveal & Gears 4 had a lame reveal

Another fail comparison

Tujhey laga hoga....Gears fans on official forums and many other sites were not blown away by E3 demo, but they were quite happy that Gears 4 is going original Gears route with all dark/gritty settings and not bright colorful route like Gears 3.. They are very much looking forward to the game and the changes that new studio will bring to the series..

Thirdly games that are full one year apart are not "releasing at the same time"

I said that ME1 was using same Gears tech and was released exclusively on same hardware...This proves hardware or engine was not the reason behind dark/grey color palette of Gears.

ES Oblivion and Dead Rising both were released before Gears on 360 and both games were 10 times bigger than Gears in scale and scope..So, it doesn't make any sense that Epic was not able to add colors in Gears coz hardware limitation :rofl:

I'm on mobile so when I'm on PC I'll search you links that explicitly confirm from the dragons mouth itself that the grey colorless look of Gears 1 was a limitation & not to make it dark or gritty

Please do post some credible source..Even iam curious if this was the case.. :scratchchin:

All i know that Epic wanted to make First person multiplayer shooter with mechs and classes but Cliff changed it into Gears of War with story mode nd all....Gears was the reason MS decided to 512MB RAM in 360. It was revealed by Peter Moore in recent unlocked interview.

Also, can you tell me why KZ2 was all dark grey like Gears? Hardware limitation or design/artistic decision ? :P

It's just stupid & the lame developer obviously had to rush an unfinished & rough demo so he had to rely on darkness & poor fidelity

Game is not even out yet and you are calling them lame devs.. Tuney bahut saarey games kheley hai lagta hai Coliation k jo humney nahi kheley :lol:

Edited by WhiteWolf

Theek hai zaara tu apna source toh deekha mujhey....

Also comparing Oblivion & dead rising graphics with gears & killzone :rofl:

ES Oblivion was the first true nextgen RPG game on 360. Massive open world with no loading screen and dynamic A.I nd weather...It was a truly a remarkable technical achievement that time..

Dead Rising was also right up there...Bright colorful open world game with over 1000 characters(zombies) on screen..DR was quite unique game that time.

Enough OT now..Stop ruining this thread with your BS now.

Edited by WhiteWolf

I just said I have a feeling the epic magic won't be repeated

Abhi toh bahut bol raha tha...Will get it info..from Dragons mouth nd all..lol..

Bas tujhey bakwaas karni aati hai bina baat... :|.You have nothing to back yourself.

This is a public forum

Not your drawing room

According to forum rules - OT posts in official threads are not allowed. Please stop now and go check God of War 3 thread :| Edited by WhiteWolf

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Why compete with steam MS? I cant even connect my Windows store since few days on windows 10 :samui:

every time it says you are not connected to internet even though i am connected and they are thinking that this client will compete with steam :scarerun: