Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Mysteryman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, GameAnalyzer said:

You don’t even come online for Fifa man ?. You playing on PC these days or work?

let me know if you’re up to play this game or FIFA. 

I do. Just little busy from Friday-Sunday. 0FLJD6l.png I'm available during weekdays but you have work...so we are rarely online at same time.

Anyways, I've downloaded this game. Let's see if we can play from tomorrow. WuYFfyI.png 

The biggest issue with the game is the OPEN WORLD. If you are going to make an open world game at least put in some effort and variety. The gameplay is quite fun but it's the game that isn't fun after 10 or so hours. 

Good:

• The story is okay. I mean whatever. A lot of cutscenes and well done to spread it out. The main missions are kind of fun to play. Taking a different route and ways to finish it is always nice. 
  • Very fun co-op.

Bad:

• The open world. Simply big MEH.
  • Boring and barren lands with nothing really happening around.
  • GARBAGE tier side missions. These are the biggest let down of the game. It's the SAME set of missions whichever region you go. Steal a plane/helicopter, activate the antenna, hack, etc. These are terribly designed and gets super repetitive. 
  • Defend missions. What is the world are those in-game? Seriously. These are the worst thing to add to a stealth/recon themed game. The whole thing is just killing a bunch of running enemies. 
  • A lot of upgrades are hardly worthy.
  • Awful flying controls. 
  • Dull AI. 

Didn't bother the DLC as I read you start a new character (more stupid decisions). 

6/10. Just wasted potential while having a fun stealth gameplay. The game would have been a lot better if it was just mission based. You can see the whole open world was added just to pad the playtime. Terrible.

Ghost Recon is supposed to more tactical, realistic, punishing, and not herp-derp open world. 

Ubi are constrained by both the genre and the large TOM CLANCY’S plastered over the top of it. And yet no such fetters stopped The Division from combining a real location with a ludicrous international emergency. It still had bland characters and rubbish voice acting and grinding collectionism but there were at least some things about the world to admire beyond the physical depiction of a rotten and frozen New York. The point is that even by the standards of ‘dumb action’ this lacks the most essential element of that genre: self-awareness.

After years of seeing the same thing, it has become clear that Ubi games cannot function on the strength of their formula alone. And they certainly can’t rely on the strength of your mate Greg. They need some hook and less bait. At the very least they need decent story-telling or likeable characters. However, the principal problem that will forever plague this developer is that the transparency and rigidity of their formula will always hinder them. You can always see it skulking over the surface of the game, like a man in stars and stripes facepaint trying to sneak into a cocaine warehouse. It has been detected: insta-fail..

This. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A big theme reveal is yet to come, but to give you a taster:

• Teammate Customization: You asked for it, and we heard you. AI Teammate's outfits can now be customized in our Campaign Mode to suit your gameplay approach. All-out stealth or R6 tribute? The choice is yours.
  • Sabotage: We are bringing a new mode and set of maps to Ghost War, with our new mode, Sabotage. The attacking team is tasked with capturing and holding an objective before the timer runs out, while the defending team tries to stop them. The attackers and defenders can also win the round by eliminating the opposing team.
  • Year 2 Pass: With a new year comes a new pass. Bringing early access to all Year 2 Ghost War classes, with a special customization pack and 8 Battle Crates included, our Year 2 pass will take your Wildlands experience to the next level.
  • As seen in our trailer, we also have a free PvE mission and a new PvP class coming your way, but the theme of Special Operation 1 is still to be revealed… More intel to come soon on that subject.

Stay tuned, Ghosts.

Archived