Red Dead Redemption II

Big Boss

33 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

:(

You know this game actually reminds me of an experience I had years ago while reading a book. In that book the author took a lot of time explaining in excruciating details the sub-plots and laid out the main story in great depth. Each of the character arcs he brought into the story were fully realized only towards the end as it all panned out. The amalgamation of the sub-plots with the main story was silk smooth. That was a tale of great revenge. A man who had been wronged came back and executed his cold, brutal revenge in an intelligent and poignantly planned manner. I have gone back to that book many times after, reading some the passages that still gnaw my heart.

Rockstar have made this such a novel like experience. So beautifully layered.

Edited by Black_Hawk
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Black_Hawk said:

You know this game actually reminds me of an experience I had years ago while reading a book. In that book the author took a lot of time explaining in excruciating details the sub-plots and laid out the main story in great depth. Each of the character arcs he brought into the story were fully realized only towards the end as it all panned out. The amalgamation of the sub-plots with the main story was silk smooth. That was a tale of great revenge. A man who had been wronged came back and executed his cold, brutal revenge in an intelligent and poignantly planned manner. I have gone back to that book many times after, reading some the passages that still gnaw my heart.

Rockstar have made this such a novel like experience. So beautifully layered.

The remastered edition can't come soon enough.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Black_Hawk said:

Reveal hidden contents

Also, Arthur is beginning to look really pale now with Tuberculosis. His eyes are red with Tuberculosis Conjunctivitis as well. Sad. Late 1800's so no cure for it as well other than managing the disease in warmer climates.

Spoiler

Has the game already explained how Arthur got sick?

Edited by quixote_1989

7 hours ago, quixote_1989 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Has the game already explained how Arthur got sick?

No, not yet.

I was on my way to doing a mission in Saint Denis when Arthur started coughing and then the coughing increased and he automatically got off his horse and collapsed on the road pretty quickly. I think a stranger lead him to the doctor and the doc did a quick diagnosis and told Arthur he had TB. Think the mission is called "Fork in the Road".

Now my sudden hunch is... did Arthur get it from Mr. Downes when he went to collect the debt from him? I remember Downes was very sick and coughing violently :wOOtjumpy:

I guess I am in for bad news... eek!

Edited by Black_Hawk

Got a chance at some good redemption today with Mrs. Downes...

Rescued her from the that creepy stranger in the bushes and gave her son money to start their lives afresh.

Also, started an interesting line of side mission with that Widow up at Willard's Rest (I keep reading that as "Crest" on the map because of the fonts, LoL! Lets see where that leads.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Black_Hawk said:
Spoiler

Also, started an interesting line of side mission with that Widow up at Willard's Rest (I keep reading that as "Crest" on the map because of the fonts, LoL! Lets see where that leads.

That one's yet another charmingly lovely side mission.

Okay, so something very weird happened today when I was playing

Today something strange happened... I was playing RDR2. Did a mission called "The Course of True Love - V" in Chapter 6 where I had to drive a train. The mission where you have to help Penelope and Beau escape to Boston.

When the mission ended I was in a different area of the map in a train station. My horse had actually followed the train I was driving and mid way it got stuck. My saddle was showing on the map. There was a temporary horse the game spawned for me. I rode that horse to my saddle and there next to my saddle was my main horse... floating on a rock as if frozen in time!! The moment I got next to it, the horse fell and died... I was like WTF! It spooked me completely!

I'm sure it is a glitch and I'm thinking I should re-play the mission again?

18 minutes ago, Black_Hawk said:

Okay, so something very weird happened today when I was playing

Hide contents

Today something strange happened... I was playing RDR2. Did a mission called "The Course of True Love - V" in Chapter 6 where I had to drive a train. The mission where you have to help Penelope and Beau escape to Boston.

When the mission ended I was in a different area of the map in a train station. My horse had actually followed the train I was driving and mid way it got stuck. My saddle was showing on the map. There was a temporary horse the game spawned for me. I rode that horse to my saddle and there next to my saddle was my main horse... floating on a rock as if frozen in time!! The moment I got next to it, the horse fell and died... I was like WTF! It spooked me completely!

I'm sure it is a glitch and I'm thinking I should re-play the mission again?

There is surely some glitch in that mission, happened the same with me too.

13 minutes ago, Stargaryen said:

There is surely some glitch in that mission, happened the same with me too.

Its appears others have also faced the same problem:

The Course of True Love - V Horse Glitch

Thank God that I always remember to save my game after every few minutes (unless I'm on a mission and the game locks the Save Game option temporarily). I'll just go ahead and trigger this mission and try it tomorrow. Hopefully the glitch won't kick in again. Problem is I'm not even whistling to my horse signalling him to follow me when I'm on the train or anything, it just automatically follows me and there lies the risk.

• Like 1

Re-tried the mission "The Course of True Love - V" today and this time there were no glitches in the end. My horse was alive and spawned right next to the train in the end. All good. :good:

Man the more I'm progressing into Chapter 6 the more I think Dutch is completely off the charts now with his entire "I have a plan" strategy when he is completely deluded and clueless. This man is single-handedly driving the entire group to the ground with his violent and unreasonable thinking :fear1:

Edited by Black_Hawk
  • Like 1

Had a strange encounter today...

Came across a Mad Preacher in the middle of the Kamassa River. He stood half immersed in the water and kept repeating some strange sayings like he is waiting for some messages or signals but hasn't been able to find them yet. Also, when Arthur goes near him he asks Arthur if he is the signal he has been waiting for to which Arthur replies by saying "I don't think so". He then asks Arthur "How do you know"... as in Arthur might be a signal of some kind unbeknown to himself! What's all that about? Highly confusing if you ask me!

Nothing else you can do other than that. I rode a little away from him and observed. After a few minutes he got out of the water, walked slowly to the river bank and lay down on a sheet of cloth.

Edited by Black_Hawk
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Black_Hawk said:

Spoiler

Came across a Mad Preacher in the middle of the Kamassa River. He stood half immersed in the water and kept repeating some strange sayings like he is waiting for some messages or signals but hasn't been able to find them yet. Also, when Arthur goes near him he asks Arthur if he is the signal he has been waiting for to which Arthur replies by saying "I don't think so". He then asks Arthur "How do you know"... as in Arthur might be a signal of some kind unbeknown to himself! What's all that about? Highly confusing if you ask me!

Nothing else you can do other than that. I rode a little away from him and observed. After a few minutes he got out of the water, walked slowly to the river bank and lay down on a sheet of cloth.

That one doesn't lead to anything more substantial, iirc.

21 minutes ago, Black_Hawk said:

I gave him 'the signal' by shooting near him, he fled away then?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, quixote_1989 said:

That one doesn't lead to anything more substantial, iirc.

Yes, I was reading about him just now and it really doesn't go beyond that. Also, apparently if you kill him he'll respawn again in some other area of the map :rofl:

Also, his name is John (embedded in the game files).

1 hour ago, Black_Hawk said:

One more thing... I think I have the hots for Sadie. I mean she is so badass and wicked cool!

Is there a way I could in-game... you know :devil:

lol, no snu snu here. And she’ll likely shoot your dick off :lol:

Those ‘ assisted’ baths are the closest you will get.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, quixote_1989 said:

lol, no snu snu here. And she’ll likely shoot your dick off :lol:

Those ‘ assisted’ baths are the closest you will get.

LoL... she sure does know how to use a rifle!

A little dampening because there just so many good spots in the wild to you know :wub:

Also, not much to do once the sun sets...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Black_Hawk said:

@quixote_1989: Did you collect all the Dinosaur Bones in the game?

Nah, seemed like too much hassle. Didn't do all the legendary animals either.

Apart from the main story and the side missions, spent most of my time idling around.

23 hours ago, quixote_1989 said:

Nah, seemed like too much hassle. Didn't do all the legendary animals either.

Apart from the main story and the side missions, spent most of my time idling around.

I don't think I'm going after the Dinosaur Bones but I did do all of the Dreamcatchers. Reward at the end was kinda meh though.

Back to the story...

I finally got to the point where I met Sister Calderon at the Emerald Train Station and she and Arthur had a pretty deep, meaningful conversation. Arthur also clearly stated the reasons for his...

Tuberculosis and how he got infected in the first place. I kind of gaged the reason... but who knew at that point when he went to collect the debt from Mr. Thomas Downes! Really sad. Damn that guy Leopold Strauss. 

Edited by Black_Hawk