Ask The Experts

Chaztin

^^ Hellsy your sig is insanely large. Can you trim it please? I have to scroll half a page to move to the next post, maybe you could post the games owned in the dedicated thread we have?

Anyways my question is I have a chance to get some posters printed (24 X 36") and I was thinking of getting a couple of movie posters done. Problem is I cant find any hi res movie posters. Any links? Google only throws low or med res posters.

hey guys .....noob question.....i have a samsung 32 inch tv and a 5.1 channel speaker system connected to the dvd player......my question is can i connect the speaker to the t.v directly??or should i buy anything else........i want the output from the speakers while playing games on the ps3!!!!

^^ Hellsy your sig is insanely large. Can you trim it please? I have to scroll half a page to move to the next post, maybe you could post the games owned in the dedicated thread we have?

Anyways my question is I have a chance to get some posters printed (24 X 36") and I was thinking of getting a couple of movie posters done. Problem is I cant find any hi res movie posters. Any links? Google only throws low or med res posters.

Sure but I dont know how to link to a particular post.Can you tell me how

Bro, add a post in the relevant thread and follow the following steps.

1. Go to Edit Signature

2. Click on the button "Insert Link", the one with the green cursor image

3. Enter the entire url of your post made in the game sig. thread (that you can find by clicking the post no. link on the top right side of the post)

4. Enter text which you want to show for the link between the opening-ending tags, eg.. Text to be shown

Hope that helps.

Edit Whoops never mind. :)

^^ Thats the perfect siggy (dienekes ie) . Small and sharp + easy on the eyes.

Edited by Aftrunner

Ok so instead of getting a PS3 I have decided to upgrade my PC. I am looking to move to a 22 inch monitor and get a new GPU.

Now the thing is it has to be a Dell monitor since I work there and will get a decent discount. And I have narrowed my choices to either the 2208 or the 2209. Only real difference between the two is the 2209 has IPS. My question is is the IPS panel noticeably better? Is it worth the extra few K's I will spend?

Anyone seen them in action?

^ ^ Yes! Go for it! Slightly above response times then TN panels, but its well worth it. However :-

It actually comes down to your usage. The biggest advantage in my opinion (after all the color differences and so on) are the viewing angles. If you use your computer at one specific spot and dont move from that spot to view the monitor, then any TN panel would do. But if your like me, who games while lying down, or just watches a documentry to fall asleep, then the IPS panels wide angles plays an important role.

I abandoned the entire idea of an 1080p + IPS + monitor idea (too expensive + screen size too small to notice any diff), and just went ahead and got a 26inch 720p LCD TV... All LCD TV's are S-IPS/S-PVA/MVA panels.

^^ Thanks Neoen.

Viewing angles are a big deal to me actually. I use a single sofa couch as my PC chair. So I slouch sideways, sit straight, recline and all that on that sofa. Therefore I dont want the monitor to look too dark when I view from an angle (which is a major issue with my Viewsonic 1932 ATM).

Its not FullHD but truth be told that would be pointless as I dont have any fullHD movies with me and or the hardware to run games at that setting. So the resolution is no biggie for me.

^ ^ Understood. If thats the case then please dont miss out on the LCD TV option. The downside is that the pixels look quite big, and the resolution is capped at 1360 x 720. And it will take some getting used to.

The important thing to remember is that your getting an 26 inch IPS for a pretty decent price + the option of hooking your xbox / ps3 / ps2 and isolating it as one spot. But check showrooms first, i know a lot of friends who just hate LCD TV + Computer hook ups.

Apart from that, i think you are all set for the Dell IPS panel, its got good reviews backing it up, hate the steep price tho =P

^ ^ Understood. If thats the case then please dont miss out on the LCD TV option. The downside is that the pixels look quite big, and the resolution is capped at 1360 x 720. And it will take some getting used to.

The important thing to remember is that your getting an 26 inch IPS for a pretty decent price + the option of hooking your xbox / ps3 / ps2 and isolating it as one spot. But check showrooms first, i know a lot of friends who just hate LCD TV + Computer hook ups.

Apart from that, i think you are all set for the Dell IPS panel, its got good reviews backing it up, hate the steep price tho =P

Already have a 32 inch Samsung for console gaming. So I think I will run with the Dell LCD. Thanks.

Hello Experts,

Thanks for all your advice you have given me so far .. i have another question ..

What is the difference between SPDIF Coaxial and SPDIF Optical audio output .. i know both carry the same data .. but in terms of quality does it make any difference and can one easily find converters between the two in India ?

Thanks as always