Help! Sony banned my IP address and idk why

CtrlAltDev93

I hadn't used my PS4 for a week and today, when I tried opening the PS Plus menu on the console, it kept saying it couldn't connect. Internet is working fine but PSN Sign-in keeps failing. It throws up an error code CE-33729-4 every time I try restarting and reconnecting to the router. When I try opening Sony's website on my phone, it says I don't have permission to access the site.

Edited by CtrlAltDev93

42 minutes ago, CtrlAltDev93 said:

I hadn't used my PS4 for a week and today, when I tried opening the PS Plus menu on the console, it kept saying it couldn't connect. Internet is working fine but PSN Sign-in keeps failing. It throws up an error code CE-33729-4 every time I try restarting and reconnecting to the router. When I try opening Sony's website on my phone, it says I don't have permission to access the site.

Restart router,

Unless you have static IP, most ISPs have you set for dynamic ip, each time you reset router, chances are that you will be assigned new Ip, which is not banned by Sony.

Source : used to happen to me between 2015-2017, not an issue now.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PhantomShade said:

Restart router,

Unless you have static IP, most ISPs have you set for dynamic ip, each time you reset router, chances are that you will be assigned new Ip, which is not banned by Sony.

Source : used to happen to me between 2015-2017, not an issue now.

I checked my IP before and after restarting the router and it's been the same, yet the ISP insists my connection is Dynamic. When I told him there's no difference in the IP before and after he got triggered and started saying he didn't start doing this for a living yesterday lol. I'll call again in a bit I guess. Thanks man. I'm just glad it's not some serious issue.

Edited by CtrlAltDev93

41 minutes ago, CtrlAltDev93 said:

I checked my IP before and after restarting the router and it's been the same, yet the ISP insists my connection is Dynamic. When I told him there's no difference in the IP before and after he got triggered and started saying he didn't start doing this for a living yesterday lol. I'll call again in a bit I guess. Thanks man. I'm just glad it's not some serious issue.

Try logging in from mobile data maybe just to be sure? This happened to me on Banking website during lockdown. Had to get my ip Unlisted from there blacklist or some stuff.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, adity said:

It's definitely a serious issue if you like playing online. Until you sort this, Psn is not going to work. You will have to very carefully explain your ISP and get it resolved. 

I've been at my grandma's place for a few days so I brought my PS with me. I'll try to fix it but it's not a big deal if it's not, as long as it's ISP related. I was afraid it was an account-level ban. 

6 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

Try logging in from mobile data maybe just to be sure? This happened to me on Banking website during lockdown. Had to get my ip Unlisted from there blacklist or some stuff.

I'll try that, thanks!

1 minute ago, CtrlAltDev93 said:

I've been at my grandma's place for a few days so I brought my PS with me. I'll try to fix it but it's not a big deal if it's not, as long as it's ISP related. I was afraid it was an account-level ban. 

I'll try that, thanks!

Used to happen lot to me on Railwire. There was a whole range of IP's that were banned on PSN. Resetting the router may or may not refresh the IP assigned depending on the lease time from the NOC. Sometimes it can be 24 upto hours. Not to mention I had a freaking NAT3 to boot. Luckily they were able to understand assigned me a static forward ip that wasn't sony banned, taking care of the NAT issue in the bargain as well.