The Stock Market thread

KnackChap

2 minutes ago, dante77 said:

It bees me already nuksaan. Average at 35. N00b mistake at that time. 

How is it nuksaan? Do SIP, add lumpsum at supports or every 5% crack.

Kal retire thodi ho rhe ho, dhol peeto, dua kro market crash hojaye. Stock/ETF/MF units collect kro.

12 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

How is it nuksaan? Do SIP, add lumpsum at supports or every 5% crack.

Kal retire thodi ho rhe ho, dhol peeto, dua kro market crash hojaye. Stock/ETF/MF units collect kro.

This I agree. Since I am fairly new, I am more sad on Market up than its down. 

Mistake because I bought it at very high, if I had even a little experience back then, I would have at least waited for it to correct 10-15%. But no worries. I am buying more as always. 

Also, top up Sona Coms today. Neutral day today. 

20 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

No brainer at this price with current visibility.

I don't know, man. I have a feeling of looming recession. Not buying any equity right now. Will wait for at least a year. Parking money in safe instruments at least for short time. 

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I don't know, man. I have a feeling of looming recession. Not buying any equity right now. Will wait for at least a year. Parking money in safe instruments at least for short time. 

Which instruments?

And recession might very well come but that's why one doesn't invest in one go. I am basically nibbling at this point with over 100% PF value in cash.

US/EU can & probably will shave off 5-10% from here as well, India will definitely follow. If one has a huge enough corpus, I can understand but for people like me, I can risk keeping money on the both sides and accumulating units.

Further rates hikes by RBI should roll in soon.

16000 might just become a value zone for Nifty.

Nasdaq 100 poised to breach 11k and towards 10.5k.

Will keep nibbling Nasdaq 100, current Indian PF and <3% in China.

Indian PF = Pharma/Healthcare/Bio Universe (80%) + Mix of Tech/Fin/Consumption /Auto (20%)

Will go lumpsum when the index hits above levels.

11 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Possibility of pre-2016, 8-8.5% FD rates looks high.

What are your suggestions for investors from now on ? Keep investing in bits and pieces during dips ,  in good companies in the sectors you mentioned above  ? Or in Index funds like Niftybees ? 

Also keen to know your thoughts on the Euro vs the Rupee. 

10 hours ago, arjun_sasuke said:

What are your suggestions for investors from now on ? Keep investing in bits and pieces during dips ,  in good companies in the sectors you mentioned above  ? Or in Index funds like Niftybees ? 

Also keen to know your thoughts on the Euro vs the Rupee. 

I am not a registered financial advisor so please don't take my views as investment advice.

I mentioned Pharma + Healthcare because that is my area of competence and I see it as a defensive sector as well.

Recession might come, inflation might go up, consumption might go down but I don't think this is valid for healthcare. People will still go to hospitals, people will still buy medicines. But beware, pharma and healthcare is a huge space and filled with duds.

I personally am investing in bits and pieces and have marked levels at which I expect the index bottoms to be made which might correlate with bottoms for individual stocks as well. That's where I will add lumpsum. If those levels are never hit, even then I expect sideways market for atleast next 2+ quarters and hence I will have time to build my position.

But that's my risk appetite, I have my emergency funds set aside and I am not putting all of my savings in. For you, it will differ.

I have seen enough data to build conviction that even if I get 0/-ve returns over next 2 years (a real possibility), over long term, the position will outperform. But then again, I have appetite to see deep red in my PF.

If that's not what you can do and you want to sleep calmly at night. I would recommend doing SIP in indices and MFs like Nifty, ITBees, PPFAS etc, don't go for individual companies. I myself have been wrong many times.

Just set up a weekly/monthly tenure and invest the rest in liquids funds/FDs. Equity = (100 - Age)% generally works well.

As for EURO or even pound (52wk low vs USD), it doesn't really matter. Money is leaving for USD. EU and UK are in shambles. DXY is breaking every resistance.

It's just that Rupee is performing relatively better against USD and hence against EURO/Pound. Not sure if there is anything to gain over here.

Edited by KunjanPSD
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

I am not a registered financial advisor so please don't take my views as investment advice.

I mentioned Pharma + Healthcare because that is my area of competence and I see it as a defensive sector as well.

Recession might come, inflation might go up, consumption might go down but I don't think this is valid for healthcare. People will still go to hospitals, people will still buy medicines. But beware, pharma and healthcare is a huge space and filled with duds.

I personally am investing in bits and pieces and have marked levels at I expect the index bottoms to be made which might correlate with bottoms for individual stocks as well. That's where I will add lumpsum. If those levels are never hit, even then I expect sideways market for atleast next 2+ quarters and hence I will have time to build my position.

But that's my risk appetite, I have my emergency funds set aside and I am not putting all of my savings in. For you, it will differ.

I have seen enough data to build conviction that even if I get 0/-ve returns over next 2 years (a real possibility), over long term, the position will outperform. But then again, I have appetite to see deep red in my PF.

If that's not what you can do and you want to sleep calmly at night. I would recommend doing SIP in indices and MFs like Nifty, ITBees, PPFAS etc, don't go for individual companies. I myself have been wrong many times.

Just set up a weekly/monthly tenure and invest the rest in liquids funds/FDs. Equity = (100 - Age)% generally works well.

As for EURO or even pound (52wk low vs USD), it doesn't really matter. Money is leaving for USD. EU and UK are in shambles. DXY is breaking every resistance.

It's just that Rupee is performing relatively better against USD and hence against EURO/Pound. Not sure if there is to go gain anything over here.

Thank you , I really appreciate you taking the time to give such a long detailed response. 

5 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Overall PF ? I doubt it. :blink:

No, not overall. Talking about intra. Overall, still up 30%. 30-40% has been the norm for me over the last 10 months or so. Although PF has been continuously increasing in size due to regular investments.

Right now I am investing the money I got by exiting Bororenew. 

Just now, KunjanPSD said:

No, not overall. Talking about intra. Overall, still up 30%. 30-40% has been the norm for me over the last 10 months or so. Although PF has been continuously increasing in size due to regular investments.

Right now I am investing the money I got by exiting Bororenew. 

Exited Bororenew ? Why ? 

25 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Exited Bororenew ? Why ? 

Removal of ADD? Even if capacities are going to go 2x, non-renewal of ADD clearly implies that Govt. wants to boost Solar even if it means getting cheaper modules from China. Growth of the industry >> Growth of Indian Company.

It might still do well but the uncertainty was not worth it for me.

P.S. I exited at around 650.

Edited by KunjanPSD