Demon's Souls

KnackChap

^^ i got mine too...around 30th May but havent started playing it...and err...i think you are supposed to die at the end of the tutorial?

Yeah. Its almost impossible to defeat the boss at the end of the tutorial. Even if you do, you will still die... its part of the story.

Doing good so far, but the power went off just as I was getting near the first proper boss.

im still struggling with the first level. 4 hours in and finally made some progress. opened a giant gate that might lead me to the first boss fight. didnt anyone try to kill those dragon, i got killed in one hit :wOOtjumpy:

I don't think it is possible to kill the dragon since it plays a major role in the level design of the second level as well. Just run over the bridge before it's fire hits you. (though you should have already done that since you opened the gate) And yeah, that gate leads you to the first boss which is a giant phalanx with a Huge number of smaller ones sticking on it. Killed it in the first try, but it took a lot of time. Had to run around and hide between pillars while taking out the smaller creatures one by one. The giant boss has no attack on its own, so it is just a matter of whacking him down once it's minions are dead.

btw, what class did you choose?

yup difficulty is painful, avoid it :P

The game forces you to think and try out every single available option in order to proceed, but once you know what to do it is not very difficult. IMO every gamer should try this out at least once.

Edited by reaper

btw, what class did you choose?

Knight.

Managed to reach the boss battle of 1-2, got owned pretty badly. Wasted 6 half moon potions without making even a dent to his health bar. Now I have to start the whole level again :samui:

Don't think I can take him down anytime soon. Will try 2-1 tomm

P.s. Did you kill the red eyed knight in 1-1(on top of the castle)

Knight.

Managed to reach the boss battle of 1-2, got owned pretty badly. Wasted 6 half moon potions without making even a dent to his health bar. Now I have to start the whole level again :paagaldance:

Don't think I can take him down anytime soon. Will try 2-1 tomm

P.s. Did you kill the red eyed knight in 1-1(on top of the castle)

Tried a few times to attack it directly, but it killed me. I think as a knight our best option is to lure it to the barrels and use firebomb. I played a little as royal and their magic attacks seems to roast blue eyed knights, so maybe a royal or mage could beat it.

Haven't got past 1-2 as well. Tried it some three times I think. But you don't have to play the whole level again, you can just run past most of the enemies from the pahalanx archstone (the dragon will help here by killing those on the bridge). The only ones you would have to fight will be the archers at the bottom of the second bridge tower and archers + knights at the end. The boss seems damn tough and to make it worse there are archers all over the place.

btw, did you get the cling ring from 1-1?

Edited by Noctis

Tried a few times to attack it directly, but it killed me. I think as a knight our best option is to lure it to the barrels and use firebomb. I played a little as royal and their magic attacks seems to roast blue eyed knights, so maybe a royal or mage could beat it.

Haven't got past 1-2 as well. Tried it some three times I think. But you don't have to play the whole level again, you can just run past most of the enemies from the pahalanx archstone (the dragon will help here by killing those on the bridge). The only ones you would have to fight will be the archers at the bottom of the second bridge tower and archers + knights at the end. The boss seems damn tough and to make it worse there are archers all over the place.

btw, did you get the cling ring from 1-1?

cling ring!? got it i think

will try 1-2 again, will reduce the stuff i carry, hopefully allowing me to make more swings with my sword. as for the archers i use turpentine on my sword and roast them. ill try 2-1 or 4-1, farming souls and stuff :good:

will try 1-2 again, will reduce the stuff i carry, hopefully allowing me to make more swings with my sword. as for the archers i use turpentine on my sword and roast them. ill try 2-1 or 4-1, farming souls and stuff :P

sounds all greek to me .. :tongue:

turpentine on a sword?? WTF???

will try 1-2 again, will reduce the stuff i carry, hopefully allowing me to make more swings with my sword. as for the archers i use turpentine on my sword and roast them. ill try 2-1 or 4-1, farming souls and stuff :P

Still can't beat it. I guess Ill have no choice but to try some other area. btw, do you know any use for "unknown soldiers soul", "renowned hero's soul" etc. other than getting soul points from them?

sounds all greek to me .. :)

turpentine on a sword?? WTF???

Did you get the game?

Edited by Noctis

nope.

tried a bit of 2-1, got served. i think you need a weapon like a spear maybe to even inflict soe sort of damage the normal grunts. between this and trauma centre i'm am very close to losing my sanity.

2-1 sucks imo, it takes forever to kill those slow monsters and yet they give little souls. Right now Im training at 4-1 by using parry + counterattack on the first two monsters there (gives around 250-300 souls each) and running back to the nexus to increase a soul level. Nets around 1k souls every 5 mins, or 15 when Im tired. Hopefully this should make me strong enough to try 1-2.

But seriously, if the game is getting this tough already then I doubt whether I will be able to finish it or not.