The Book Thread

Amay

• 3 months later...

Hey guys. I've run out of space on my bookshelf and I can't get another one. That means I have to part with some of my books.

That being said - everything I own is in impeccable condition. I'm trying to part ways with my Wheel of Time set, and some children's books. Before I sully my soul by going to used bookstores here - if anybody wishes to partake please let me know on here or discord. 

Thank you everyone. Gonna be reading a lot more on kindle until I can figure out a way to introduce another bookshelf in my home. 

• Sad 1

• 11 months later...

So any good recommendations for the new year ? Books I typically enjoy are fantasy, sci-fi and thrillers (esp whodunnits).  I’ve read the stormlight archives (read the 4 books released so far in the series) and currently reading mistborn series.  

47 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

So any good recommendations for the new year ? Books I typically enjoy are fantasy, sci-fi and thrillers (esp whodunnits).  I’ve read the stormlight archives (read the 4 books released so far in the series) and currently reading mistborn series.  

My recommendations for Thrillers - The Silent Patient, 7 1/2 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle, Sharp Objects.

These are among the best of the genre so you may have read/listened to them already.

On 12/23/2023 at 10:54 PM, Ne0 said:

Highly recommend the Empire of the Wolf Trilogy - the third and final book is to come out next month. 

I just read the first two, absolutely smashing and very different from typical fantasy stories. Easy recommend. 

Has got a mystery element to the first book as well. 

• 2 months later...

Finally after long time I read a book.. or more so listened to it.

"Roadside Picnic" by authors Arkady and Boris Strugatsky. It's a relatively short book, only 4 chapters, that describes the after effects of a temporary alien visit to earth where they made no contact with Earth but just stayed here and left and where the location they stayed at is now full of weird dangerous happenings and weird dangerous items. Its cordoned off by the govt but some smugglers still go in and get stuff. These smugglers are called Stalkers and the protagonist of the book is one such guy.  

Yes the STALKER games were influenced by this book

• Like 2