Grand Theft Auto IV

KnackChap

Why hasnt M$ revealed details of the GTA IV DLC yet ?  

141 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Grand Theft Auto IV - PS3 XB360/Cheats

Enter one of the following codes during game play. A small box will appear to confirm correct code entry. Note: The following codes should be considered unconfirmed until the retail version of the game is available.

Weapons tier 1 Press R1, L2, R2, L1, Up, Down, Left, Right, Up.

Weapons tier 2 Press R1, L2, R2, L1, Right, Down, Left, Up, Right, Down, Left, Up.

Weapon tier 3 Press R1, L2, R2, L1, Right, Down, Left, Up, Right, Down, Left, Up, Right(2).

Run quickly Press R1(2), Left, Right, L2, Square, Triangle, L1, Circle.

Never die Press R1, Circle(2), L2, R2, Triangle, X, L1, Right.

Health Press R1, L1, L2, Square, R2, Left, Right, Left, Right.

Money Press Up, Down, L1, L2, Left, Right, R1, R2, Square.

Money Press Up, Down, L1, L2, Left, Right, R1, R2, Square.

SOurce:

http://www.wikicheats.com/index.php/Grand_...S3_XB360/Cheats

OT:

Was watching the GTA Live Feed...

to the right of the video there is a column for people to reply

Person 1 : Why are the Cab drivers so crazy?

Person 2 : they are Indians

Person 2 : indians are crazy

FIRANGI's SUCK :thumbsup:

Dude, there's an installation for UT3, DMC4, Hot Shot Golf 5, Ratchet and Clank and a bunch of other PS3 games, which reduces loading times. Old news. Welcome to 2007 yes?

WTF! i havent played any of those games so i dunno.. but again.. WTF?? why the hell would R&C and Golf need installation?!?! crap! If a game like Burnout Paradise doesn't have installation, what excuse to these games have? Im not too keen on playing DMC4, HSG5 or R&CF:TOD, so im not worried about the installation, but UT3 i'm going to be playing... :| What benefit does UT3 installation give? non-stop death matches without load times? I didn't think so...

The pic that i posted was taken by my friend. He managed to find a copy of this game on Craiglist and paid pretty high for it. He said it took roughly 5 mins for the game to be installed.I know its a bit annoying and all but at the end of the day you don't have to worry about your console dying on you and can play well. Hardly a huge thing imo

5 mins is okay.. but someone said 45 mins which i found quite disheartening.. either way im okay as long as there are no subsequent in game load times...

23 hours to worldwide GTA IV release as of writing this post...

All because some people (I had other choice words in mind) actually went and purchased the Core version of the console :)

There shd'nt have been a core console in the first place, taking a step back from your last console is just not acceptable(same with sony and BC).

C'mon, it's inevitable. The next-gen of MS' console will ship with an HDD what with devs bitching. If it leads to faster, smoother gamplay i don't see the problem.

problem happens when ur HDD is full and to play a new game, u got to uninstall some old game. And just when u want to play that old game again, u have to sit thru a installation process and keep rotating your game installs. The pop-in-disc-and-play advantage of consoles vs PCs is literally gone !

Here is the TOI GTA 4 Article (Bengaluru Edition)

‘Grand Theft Auto 4’ set to entertain and inflame

San Francisco: Beatings, carjackings, drive-by shootings, drunk driving and hookers. For video game fans, it can only mean one thing: Grand Theft Auto 4 is here, with all the subtlety of a shotgun blast.

The latest chapter in the wildly popular and controversial criminal action franchise from Take-Two Interactive Software Inc is poised to be the biggest entertainment product of the year, with expected first-week sales of up to $400 million—dwarfing Hollywood’s biggest box-office openings.

The handiwork of Take-Two’s Rockstar game studio headed by British brothers Sam and Dan Houser, Grand Theft Auto 4, which will be launched next Tuesday, promises to crank up the thuggish drama that made previous installments the equivalent of The Godfather for Generation PlayStation.

“We also felt over the last few years there hadn’t been a great standout gangster movie. Maybe we could do something ourselves that would live alongside that stuff,” Rockstar’s Dan Houser told Variety magazine in a recent interview.

The gobs of processing power provided by Microsoft’s Xbox 360 and Sony’s PlayStation 3 gaming consoles allowed Rockstar to imbue even background characters with personalities and unique behaviours.

“The game just feels like a movie now. The camera angles, the little details and things you look for in a film are things they can do now,” said Ricardo Torres, editor-in-chief of GameSpot, a leading gaming review website.

Controversy, as always

Of course, it would not be a Grand Theft Auto (GTA) game without controversy.

The series that gave gamers the freedom to shoot cops and hook up with prostitutes before beating them up and stealing their money has added drunk driving and lap dances to its repertoire of vicarious thrills.

“A lot of it is done just tonguein-cheek. It has that same sense of humour (as past games) that is very juvenile but at the same time is a parody of American culture,” said Crispin Boyer, senior executive editor of video games for the 1UP Network.

Previous GTA games have been a lightning rod for criticism by politicians. 2008 Presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton said in 2005 that the series was demeaning to women.

The negative publicity has not stopped GTA from becoming one of the most successful game franchises ever, having sold 70 million copies worldwide and spawning legions of imitators. The game may also determine the fate of Take-Two, which is resisting a $2 billion takeover offer from rival Electronic Arts (EA). If sales are stronger than the already lofty expectations, it could force EA to pay more.

A dystopian coming-to-America story, Grand Theft Auto 4 revolves around an Eastern European immigrant who ends up running illicit errands for local mob bosses.

Yet the game is not without moral consequence. Players face tough choices regarding who lives or dies and whether ambition is more important than friendship, decisions that affect the outcome of the story.

Grand Theft Auto 3 debuted in 2001 and was seen as a new beginning for the franchise because it defined a new genre of “open world” games that gave players unprecedented freedom. Two unnumbered games in the series have launched since, each with lots of sales, and lots of controversy.

Opposition stirs

The game carries a Mature rating, meaning retailers are not supposed to sell it those under 17 years old, but critics charge the industry rating system is easily skirted and that children will end up playing the game anyway.

“We are calling on all major retailers to reconsider any decisions to sell this,” said Tim Winter, president of the Parents Television Council, a media content watchdog.

Rockstar, which declined requests for an interview with the Housers, bristles at such suggestions. “If this was a movie or TV show and was the best in its field, you’d give it loads of awards and put those awards shows on television,” Dan Houser told Variety.

REUTERS

KEEPING SCORE: Three 10-story high murals promoting the debut of the computer game GTA Grand Theft Auto IV are seen on the Figueroa Hotel in downtown Los Angeles

Installs in console gaming is a scary thought.

You bet dude,

The first time when a game asked me for installation, i was like WTF

looks like i got myself another PC instead of console but after a few games, it kinda became a routine thing. Some of the games like R6 Vegas 2 and others take a lot of disk space on PS3.