Gaming PCs

AtheK

Hi alpha

I had an initial budget of 70k but I think I'll have to stretch that a bit. I'll be taking some time to gather all the components so that the missus doesn't discover how much I've blown...:-)

I'm based in Arunachal Pradesh. Components are either not available here or cost an arm or a leg. So most of the stuff has to be ordered online.

Definitely planning to over clock...:-)

I had an initial budget of 70k but I think I'll have to stretch that a bit. I'll be taking some time to gather all the components so that the missus doesn't discover how much I've blown...:-)

I'm based in Arunachal Pradesh. Components are either not available here or cost an arm or a leg. So most of the stuff has to be ordered online.

Okay, I will suggest you the following components,

Intel Core i5 4670k

ASUS GRYPHON Z87

Corsair Vengeance / G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x2 1600MHz / 1866MHz

MSi Twin Frozr / ASUS Direct CU II R9-280X 3GB (better than the GTX760 and just slightly more expensive)

Corsair Carbide 400R / NZXT Source 530

Seasonic M12II 650W

LOGITECH G400s

TVS Gold mechanical keyboard / something of personal choice

DELL S2340L / BenQ XL2420T

[rest as per your choice]

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

You can source components from,

Edited by ALPHA17

Gryphon is a mATX board right. Any advantages or disadvantages compared to a regular atx one.

Checked in reviews that ripjaws and vengeance series give problems in placement due to the heat distributors if you have an aftermarket heatsink.

The GRYPHON will have following drawbacks,

• Lack of space for a lot of expansion cards
  • Lack of m-SATA port
  • Lack of over-clock switches and Power ON / OFF switch on the motherboard
  • Maybe lacks the visual appeal of the MSi motherboard.

Although none of these clearly mark it is an inferior product vis-á-vis the competition.

About the memory heat-spreaders obstructing your placement of heat-sinks, only the Vengeance should be a great offender, the RIPJAWS are much shorter and thus should not be a cause of offence. Unless you are purchasing a low sitting heat-sink-fan solution.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Checked in reviews that ripjaws and vengeance series give problems in placement due to the heat distributors if you have an aftermarket heatsink.

Supporting Alpha's statement, and from personal experience I can tell that the RipjawsX have a much smaller profile. I have the Hyper 212 EVO heatsink installed, no worries whatsoever. The Vengeance will definitely obstruct most aftermarket air-coolers.

Will this setup be future proof for 5 to 7 years.

I can give you three years on the card and other core components but anything more than that and you can start upgrading in phases whenever you are comfortable with finances and time.

^ Does it have to be the entire PC inclusive of monitor and other assorted paraphernalia?

And just in advance,

[spoile

No, definitely not the monitor. Though probably kb/m. I dont mind if they are dirt cheap though, could always buy one for later.

Reason I said 35k is because I need this PC to be less than or equal to the price of a PS4 to properly justify it. and I really like the concept of Star Citizen.

^ Sorry, it ain't going to work this way.

I can barely fathom the minimum requirements of the game and you want me or someone else to give a configuration which will potentially play the game at 'decent' settings. Under a budget constraint.

No I cannot do this in good conscience and faith without hurting your expectation. Sorry.

Depends on you.

Ubersampling uses 4x SSAA among other things. If you're playing at 1920 x 1080, multiply that number by 4 and that's the amount of pixels the game is rendering. SSAA is always extremely intensive, but it virtually removes all jaggies.

Is ubersampling in Witcher 2 worth it alpha?

At 1080, ultra settings, i am getting more then 60fps. However with ubersampling on, it dips to around 35. :(

Not worth it if your card(s) cannot push things at a stable frame-rate.