Help needed [replacing a damaged license in India]

Ne0

Guys, i need one urgent help. My Indian drivers license is damaged (photo is washed out, and the license is broken upto the mid part). I want to replace it, I might be visiting India sometime in July. But the thing is that, I got my license from dharwad (district in k'taka) RTO , can I get a duplicate license in Bangalore RTO ? If so, can someone tell me whats the procedure to get duplicate license, and how long it'll take ? I will be in India only for maybe 1 week or 2 at the max, so need to get this done within a short duration.

Thanks very much in advance !

When your driving licence/learner permit has been lost, stolen, damaged or defaced and is still in date (that is, valid for use), you can apply for a replacement by completing application at RTO office.

If you have photocopy or license number, it'll be quick and easy to get new licence. If you don't have, you'll have some paper work.

(You'll have too pay full fee mostly.)

How long it'll take: Depends on location. Sometimes 24-48 hours, sometimes a week or two.

Good luck.

^^ but will it work across locations, thats my biggest worry, for ex: i got my license done in dharwad (k'taka), but can I get a duplicate in blore ? I still have the original license with me, but badly damaged :(

^^I'm not 100% sure, try to call Asst. RTO (your branch) and ask.

Download this application form: KMV 1

(which is also available at the enquiry counter.)

Once you fill in the form, the same needs to be submitted with the required documents to the Asst. R.T.O (Driving Licence Branch).The duplicate driving licence will be delivered as per the time prescribed by the Asst. R.T.O.

More details and procedure:

http://www.rto.kar.nic.in/dup-dlcss.html

http://www.ipaidabribe.com/how-to/how-get-duplicate-driver%E2%80%99s-licence-karnataka

I got my license made from Ghaziabad (UP)....I too am badly in need of getting a new one, can i get it replaced in Delhi???

For commercial vehicles I know for sure that you can only get it renewed from your original RTO office. Don't know whether its the same for personal licenses. The.best thing to do would be is to get it done through motor owners association, there is a fee involved

I dont think u can get your license replaced anywhere , cause to get your license you have to goto the designated RTO office for your area..

@ Neo..

Just google and get a ph no of a driving school in Bangalore near your house..

Call them up and tell them issue , ask them if they can get your license replaced...These things will happen quick if you go through them..

Dont tell them you are coming from abroad , they'll try to rip you off..

• 2 weeks later...

All you need are the papers mate, rest they take care of with their "fee"

I went twice for getting my DL. First time couldn't go for the main after learners due to out of town work.

Second time the bugger flunked me even though I made no mistake. Hinted to a minor fee, but I wanted to do this the clean way.

Finally ended up applying via a tout who got my license done in 2 or 4 weeks with me lifting a finger. Not proud of it, but realised that was they way it was to be.

Archived