HD STB channels, packages and providers thread.

Aftrunner

Tata Sky -

1) 8 HD channels on TS

2) 150 for 2nd box

3) On Tata Sky you could even buy single channels and cancel out channels you don't want from the package ( but at the end it becomes costly if U have a family coz their needs are different)

4) Response time very good .. Way better than Videocon and airtel SD STB (dunno about HD STB)

5) Customer service flawless .. Pawns the competition

And on Tata Sky , annual mega package comes for 5500 .. U get all SD and HD channels free with it

12 Showcase movies free

And 4 active services free .. Active Cooking is free (good for your mom/wife ) :biguellowgrin:

Wait, the response time of software on TS HD is better than others? I thought it was crap. Dish TV is wayyy faster and there's no lag. At all.

There is another niggly stupid thing wrong with TS, don't know if it's there for others too. For TS to switch to a channel using the number pad you have to press the exact number. In Dish TV it works much better and in an intuitive manner. You can press any number on the number pad and the STB will switch to the nearest one it finds. For e.g.. if you press 444 and the nearest available channel is 500, it will switch to 500. It's a really small thing but it makes a huge usability difference.

Wait, the response time of software on TS HD is better than others? I thought it was crap. Dish TV is wayyy faster and there's no lag. At all.

There is another niggly stupid thing wrong with TS, don't know if it's there for others too. For TS to switch to a channel using the number pad you have to press the exact number. In Dish TV it works much better and in an intuitive manner. You can press any number on the number pad and the STB will switch to the nearest one it finds. For e.g.. if you press 444 and the nearest available channel is 500, it will switch to 500. It's a really small thing but it makes a huge usability difference.

ohh is it? The same thing applies to airtel as well. Have to punch in exact 3 digit number that too very quickly.

Just now I booked TS hd plus through ivr system and the guy called that he is coming in 1 hour for installation :panic:

That was quick.

And guys TS has increased the price of their packages since today considering the new channels that would be added this month.

Just now I booked TS hd plus through ivr system and the guy called that he is coming in 1 hour for installation :panic:

That was quick.

And guys TS has increased the price of their packages since today considering the new channels that would be added this month.

annual mega lite pack ftw :P

i have the two year pack

the price protection pays off a little bit!

:P

Awwww yeah!

When annual pack was launched it was for 5k

And then within few months it was increased to 5500

Saved 500 bucks while my friends paid 5.5k :P

Correction: pack increase is rs. 400 instead of 500 that I posted earlier.

And most probably the new channels that are to be introduced on TS would be sd channels.

My TS hd plus set top box is installed and all working today itself. Service was lightening fast.

But wtf, chata sky doesn't provide universal remote :wallbash:

Airtel remote was life saver.

Airtel has added Zee Tv HD, wish they had added a music channel instead.

zee tv hd :lol:

watch geeta maa now in hd :P

Btw has anyone tried the video on demand feature of TS+ ? I dled andaaz apna apna and it works pretty well. Just that free options are very limited.

zee tv hd :lol:

watch geeta maa now in hd :P

Btw has anyone tried the video on demand feature of TS+ ? I dled andaaz apna apna and it works pretty well. Just that free options are very limited.

well it might not be a great channel for me, but wife is pretty happy.

Also they do have to cater to all segments...

I tried VoD service of TS+ and bought few movies like Andaaz apna apna, bawarchi and chalte chalte for Rs.25 each thinking that they would all stay in my HDD forever and i could watch them with a click of a button. BUT after few days i see an expiry date attached to each of these movies, of approx 2 weeks from date of DL.

WTFISTHISSHEET. Why take them back when i paid for them. What chu logic is this :rant:

Archived