horizon story spoilers thread.

i thought the story of the game was really good. it starts iff as a typcial ai gone rogue story but then moves beautifully from there.

so as far as i can tell the time line goes from.

ted faro's military robots go rogue and there no way to destroy them as they have no backdoor access. which is their own fault.

liz sobeck launches project zero dawn. its aim is to finish the rogue ai machines. they have 15 months to complete it.

zero dawn is a ruse and not a weapon and extinction cant be avoided. the only reason they say zero dawn is a weapon is cause they want people fighting for a future while they work on it.

zero dawn is an ai. that will awaken after extinction of humans. only select humans will survive after zero day

the main ai is gaia . she has a bunch of other ai (all greek names) who will help her with creation of the world after zero day. one of them includes hades. a program that will destroy everything if gaia makes mistakes during rebuilding. .

brfore launch ted faro destroys apollo. so all previous knowledge of mankind is lost and the new humans like in a tribe like state.

gaia deactivates all rogue robots after 50-60 years.

gaia subordinate hephaetus creates new robotic machine to clean the earth.

first batch of new humans ate released. because they come with no previous knowledge (destruction of apollo) they are left to fend for themselves.

mankind living i. tribe like state peacfully with machnes.

- just before the game starts.

some unknown signal or program causes hades to go rogue and destroy everything.

gaia senses this and and destroy both herself and hades. hades survives somehow.

before dying gaia make a genetic clone of her creator elizabeth sobeck aka aloy. so that she can be built and she gets access to all the older tech.

hephaetus now out of gaia infuence sees humans as a threat and makes aggressive machines.

hades is found by sylens and in exchange if knowledge he sets the rogue ai free.

- what we still dont know.

the odyssey project. there was a project similar to zero dawn where instead of starting afresh the elite wanted to leave the planet and settle on another. apparently it crashed but who knows.

other survival projects like zero dawn.

elysium is mentioned multiple time. but never detailed. its apparenly a place where the elite can spend the rest of their life after zero day.

ted faro's personal bunker aka the thebes.

who awakened hades. the futurstic humans or someone else ?

the sequel is beautifully set up. GG can go anywhere from here. only imagination is the limit.

I liked the idea of Sylens being controlled by a barely surviving Apollo which is trying to bring itself back to the previous self. Read it somewhere. And as you mentioned they have left a lot of loopholes which can be used to do a sequel or even a prequel.

Heck they could have a first person shooter prequel too. Although I doubt they'll go in that direction.

Sent from my ONE E1003

problem with making the game as a prequel would be that there would be only corruptors and deathbringer to fight.

What an awesome story. Completed the game today. This will be a great franchise. I thought Sylens will be the main villain in the end, I was half right. Lets see what they do in sequel.

Also awesome to see Hideo Kojima and "Secret Agent" Mark Cerney in Special Thanks section of the credits.

• 2 weeks later...
some unknown signal or program causes hades to go rogue and destroy everything.

gaia senses this and and destroy both herself and hades. hades survives somehow.

before dying gaia make a genetic clone of her creator elizabeth sobeck aka aloy. so that she can be built and she gets access to all the older tech.

hephaetus now out of gaia infuence sees humans as a threat and makes aggressive machines.

Is this correct ? As I understood :

- An unknown signal hits the AI array causing the various other AIs to malfunction.

- This causes hades to be awakened (since it was originally designed for this event) and it tries to put GAIA in the backseat so that it can undo the terraforming that GAIA has initiated.

- But Gaia is afraid of the destruction that hades would bring and destroys itself to ensure that hades doesn't get the opportunity to transmit the destruction codes. It creates a clone of sobeck , so that the Gaia can be re-started in the future.

- Hades (which is in a slumber) is awakened by sylens and it uses him/eclipse to finish what it started in exchange for knowledge of the old world. It starts the process of creating war machines instead to wipe out whatever is left.

Archived