[Q]Importing PS4 From Dubai

Hello..

So my dad's friend is going to dubai and was asking us if we want to import any stuff from there..

I was thinking of getting PS4 but i have some questions first..

Q1-What is the approx price of ps4 in dubai?..is it worth it to get ps4 from dubai (my dad's friend will bring it) or is it better to buy in india? (price wise)

Q2-will my psn indian acc work on the imported ps4?

Q3-I know that warranty will not work in india but what are the chances of ps4 getting damaged? I have a ps3 for 2 years and still working good

So..last question-Do u think its worth it to get it imported from dubai?

Thanks!

Hello..

So my dad's friend is going to dubai and was asking us if we want to import any stuff from there..

I was thinking of getting PS4 but i have some questions first..

Q1-What is the approx price of ps4 in dubai?..is it worth it to get ps4 from dubai (my dad's friend will bring it) or is it better to buy in india? (price wise)

Q2-will my psn indian acc work on the imported ps4?

Q3-I know that warranty will not work in india but what are the chances of ps4 getting damaged? I have a ps3 for 2 years and still working good

So..last question-Do u think its worth it to get it imported from dubai?

Thanks!

A1: Price is around 27-28k..

A2: Yes, Any region account will work on any PS4..

A3: If you get from dubai, You will get replacement warranty, i.e: You will have to pay 50% of the Mrp of Ps4 in india if anything goes wrong with your dubai ps4..

A1: Price is around 27-28k..

A2: Yes, Any region account will work on any PS4..

A3: If you get from dubai, You will get replacement warranty, i.e: You will have to pay 50% of the Mrp of Ps4 in india if anything goes wrong with your dubai ps4..

Thanks for the answer..So do u think its worth it to get it from dubai?

I'm planning on doing the same thing, any imported ps4 failure stories in indianvideogamer.com?

I also wanna hear some

Also for ps+ can I pay via debit cards? any other ways?

I'm planning on doing the same thing, any imported ps4 failure stories in indianvideogamer.com?

I also wanna hear some

Also for ps+ can I pay via debit cards? any other ways?

there is a member Dullu ...whose imported PS4's IC got fired ...he plugged the wire or something and after he tried to boot ..it did not work.

Thats the only known failure story at IVG. Rest of the guys who imported have not mentioned any problems.

I am in two minds also regarding import...i am trying to work out and see if i can get one cheap enough to take the risk so that even if it brokes ...itna ho ki gandh phate ...heart attack nahi ho chahiya .

So probably will be looking at used one ..

can anyone confirm if a ps4 bought in germany hv the same warranty policy, being offered for a ps4 bought from dubai???( i mean 50% on new ps4 from sony india)

sony store has it for 1799 AED, is it the best price????

Thats the official PS4 price in the UAE.

However, there are gray market US region PS4s available as well for less.

1580 AED is what they were available for.

• 2 weeks later...

Thats the official PS4 price in the UAE.

However, there are gray market US region PS4s available as well for less.

1580 AED is what they were available for.

If you get US imports from Dubai, you won't get replacement warranty. Only PAL region PS4s will get replacement warranty.

• 1 month later...

So has anyone here got it from Dubai? Please give our feedback.

I am considering the same. The good deals (1500 -1600 AED) are for U.S. pieces, which I don't see the harm in apart from lack of warranty.

The one I am considering is Gadegetby,com which has the U.S. Version for AED 1590 (Rs. 27k) - they aren't the cheapest (I have seen as low as AED 1500), but the good part is that they deliver anywhere in Dubai and Sharjah within 5 hours and take cash on delivery. This reduces the inconvenience that would be caused to the person carrying it for me. Worth spending an extra 1,500 rupees.

So if anyone has any feedback, please do post (or forever hold your silence! :P)

So here was my experience dealing with Gadgetby.com : sh*t. :rant:

For all the rubbish they talk about "superfast deliveries" any where in Dubai / Sharjah within 3-5 hours, the !#$!#ers did not deliver at all! I requested my cousin to get me a ps4 from Dubai, as he was there for the weekend, and the first day they were a complete no-show. They gave some lame excuse that they had a large number of orders or something (which looking from their site doesn't seem plausible), and even the next day they didn't deliver.

Would not recommend buying from someone so unprofessional. :nono:

Now I'm back to square one - looking for someone coming from the States.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived