The Android Thread

pArth

Just tried out skyfire.. its blazing fast.. but i guess it just downloads and transcodes flash videos and then plays them.. kills the joy of streaming.. i'd rather stick to youtube app till 20th may

^^ Doesn't work for some sites but is good enough. I was able to stream live videos which is pretty commendable. Also, the UI is nice. Good for those who use the default Android browser.

^^ you were able to get streaming video to work? i tried a few sites including vimeo which they list on one of the default tabs when you install it.. but it was downloading a lot of video before starting..

Big news guys.. The official twitter app has been released. I just downloaded it and it is the best twitter client i've used so far..All the things that others have plus currently trending topics at the bottom in real time, cool animations links can be clicked on from the main timeline itself, location support, easiest/fastest UI, contacts sync, etc etc... Only downer is that it doesn't support multiple accounts but most of us wouldn't need that..

QR Code: tfaqrcode.png

Btw, it looks from their blog post that the app was developed by Google itself and will be open sourced soon: http://blog.twitter.com/2010/04/twitter-fo...ts-like-to.html

So I was thinking is there any point in rooting my droid to hacked 2.1 if im already running the official one. is ir even possible toroot it now that im on 2.1?

Also, is thee a way by which I can access the app store of a differenT country

^^ depends on what you want to do.. rooting will allow you to run a host of new apps like firewalls, tethering, etc etc.. to access market of diff country also you need to root and install market-enabler..

Just found out about skyfire.. it actually does the conversion of flash to H.264 on its servers and then streams it to your phone.. thats why the extra time taken..