The Android Thread

pArth

By octa core i mean the model review, not a 8 core phone review, after people persisting how only 4 cores will work for the given operation, i don't need constant reminders that it's not a Octa core phone literally -_-

There is quite visible lag on S4. No idea how Samsung keeps doing that. They improve the hardware, but somehow fck up software to make it lag. Rooting is the way to go.

TouchWiz.

This time it is the hardware as well.. Octa core makes it lag..

I tried the S4 yesterday. Opened the dialer, clicked on the contacts tab - waited for it to load in over 3 seconds - with not even a single contact to display. Kept it and went away smiling.

The salesman almost died of shock. He probably had not seen anybody else keep the phone down in such record time.

And anybody who is still getting it, please avoid the black one like plague. It looks cheaper than a Micromax phone. That hideous pattern on the back :ack:

• Like 2

Nothing works perfect...

Philosophy mat jhado :chair:

sorry grammar mistake..

Nothing to worry, it works perfect, buy with confidence :P

Oh so you meant: Nothing, works perfect. :rofl:

:rofl:

Aage bhiii camera, peeche bhiii camera :rofl:

13 megapixel :rofl:

441 ppi is not just a number, look at it's clarity, it's brighter :rofl:

Upar se niche dekho to page scroll karta hai, *slight pause* KHUD SE karta hai

those lyrics man, I almost fell of my chair laughing the other day at home. It made everybody come to me to ask what is so funny. After that the whole house wen hysterical. :rofl:

I tried the S4 yesterday. Opened the dialer, clicked on the contacts tab - waited for it to load in over 3 seconds - with not even a single contact to display. Kept it and went away smiling.

The salesman almost died of shock. He probably had not seen anybody else keep the phone down in such record time.

And anybody who is still getting it, please avoid the black one like plague. It looks cheaper than a Micromax phone. That hideous pattern on the back :ack:

Are you out of your mind or something, it's a f**ckin GALAXY, it sells in millions. Yes you read it correct it sells in Millions. Because Plastic phones which lag with shitty software are the phones to get this gen :punk:

So stop being sarcastic and do not complain about things you don't plan to buy, even if you just made the best decision of your life :P

Ok I tried another S4, this time at Phoenix. I was meddling around with the S4, and a customer walks in. There was just one salesman in the store, and he was dealing with another customer. So this guy walks in, walks to each phone on display, checks left and right. After about 5-6 phones he gets frustrated as to which one the S4 is. I meekly point out to the one next to where i was standing. He says "This is the S4. I thought it was the Duos" I burst out laughing.

Same guy, i was trying out camera samples on the S4, and my XZ. i take the same pic on both phones, and I compare the samples side by side. He looks over my shoulder and goes

"Wow! Such a big difference".

Me: Which one do you like better?

He: Obviously the S4.

Me: Why do you say so?

He: It's so much brighter. See, even the blue is so much better. (The blue was looking purple).

Me: See the picture, and see the object in real life. Do they look the same to you?

He: They're different, the S4 enhances the images to show you more vivid pictures.

Me: Why should it? Shouldn't a photo represent what is actually there?

He: No no, for that we can see and go no, why do we need a photo? A photo should enhance stuff. Show you what it would be like if everything is better. Avatar like. So what do you like?

Me: I like my pictures to be what I see. So the XZ's photo for me is better.

He: Sir, you obviously don't know anything about photography. (Oh really?)

Me: Sir, I am an official mobile phone review expert for a major Indian website. I know what I am talking about. I even knew the S4's release date before you even knew whether there would be an S4 at all. So please don't give this to me.

He: Oh ok ok, I didn't know that. So what do you think I should buy? I came in here thinking the S4 is the best. (You know, Indians ask for advice, the minute they think you are an expert at something)

Me: I am not gonna tell you don't buy a S4 inside the Samsung store. You have to judge for yourself. But I am not telling you to buy one either :)

And then I walk out.

likeabossmeme.jpg

Btw, before that, i took a picture on the S4, and was trying to transfer it to the XZ using NFC and wifi direct. Didn't work at all. What could be wrong? Before i could do it with bluetooth, Ze moron walks in.

• Like 4

and 8 cores.. 8 Cores.. EIGHT FRIKKIN' CORES...MY PRECIOUSES CORESES...

Oh boy, you really have it in for that processor don't you?

Btw shantz, wanted to ask you something.

How does Whatsapp do that SMS verification thing? Does it really send an SMS and receive it on the phone? How is it able to suppress the notification for the SMS? Sorry if i sound like a n00b.