Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

dude that is legit alright, its called batman: dark knight and is a collection of 6 short animated pictures set between the two movies. direct to dvd mind you.

Its actually called Batman : Gotham Knight and is 6 animated short films directed by 6 different directors. The idea has been ripped straight from the Animatrix concept.

@JeRi el Matador: A machinima is a short/feature length piece of fiction/non-fiction produced using a game engine. It has nothing to do with whats shown in that trailer. Look up an episode of Red vs. Blue on Xbox Live as an example.

Yea, I loved The Cottage ;)

Was The Signal better or worse though? I've been on the fence about it, and all the mixed reviews aren't helping.

Watched a few movies I hadn't seen before in the last couple of weeks...

Black Snake Moan - great movie, very different. Excellent performances by Sam Jackson and Christina Ricci (her character is one of the few movie characters I really felt sorry for). Heck... even Justin Timberlake was good.

Clerks II - Hilarious and crazy! You need a really twisted sense of humor for this.

The Crow: City Of Angels - Total gothfest, cheesy at times, nowhere near the first but still a watchable flick.

Watched Forbidden Kingdom. It's nice but I think I had hyped it up in my head a lot. The action is great, nice music, nice locales. But somehow somewhere this movie loses itself trying to be a mix of genres - the old Jackie Chan movies and the new stylistic Chinese movies (CTHD, Hero). Would give 3 / 5.

Watched Forbidden Kingdom. It's nice but I think I had hyped it up in my head a lot. The action is great, nice music, nice locales. But somehow somewhere this movie loses itself trying to be a mix of genres - the old Jackie Chan movies and the new stylistic Chinese movies (CTHD, Hero). Would give 3 / 5.

Somehow don't you think the movie feels a lot like a classic J-RPG? Y'know, 4 strangers on a quest to stop an evil General... the way new characters are introduced is also very much like an RPG. Either way, it's an enjoyable flick...

^^ Reminded me more of D&D. The desert sequence and the fight after that with the witch reminded me of the pen and paper adventures. Party comes to forest, do a spot check, fail miserably, and then FIGHT.

Somehow don't you think the movie feels a lot like a classic J-RPG? Y'know, 4 strangers on a quest to stop an evil General... the way new characters are introduced is also very much like an RPG. Either way, it's an enjoyable flick...

Yes.....The action sequences mainly at the climax are very well made...watched this movies two times but was not bored one bit.......

^^ i recently watched Perfume: the story of a muderer... found it really gud.. but wud prefer ppl to watch the trailer b4 downalodin to get the idea abt the movie..