Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

Just finished watching " Stardust "...

I wasnt intending to watch it..bt I am delighted I didnt go with my mind...

Really very nice movie...!!

A MUST WATCH...I would say.

omg how the f**k they go wrong in casting Destro :( and most of the characters name seems unknown aswell :mad2:

Destro is an arms dealer and owns a company called M.A.R.S.. The movie's script follows the comic series more than the 80s cartoon. Destro was never really a part of Cobra. He just works for the side which pays him more. In fact Christopher Eccleston seems to be a smart choice. He can easily pull off the scottish accent and is in general good at playing the villian. He will be wearing the mask at some point in the movie.

I can understand many fans getting pissed off at the costumes or the casting but this is a big budget movie. Some liberties have to be taken. Not everyone has played with the toys and watched the cartoons, so they have to make it accessible to the a wider audience. The classic costumes and the lighter tone of the cartoon would feel goofy in a movie about an elite military force. Speed Racer was a great movie and was extremely faithful to the anime but not everyone liked it. It's not doing well at the B.O. either.

Even Transformers was something very difficult to pull off, not many people would have liked to watch robots fight each other for two hours. Adding the human characters and making it center around them made the movie more accessible to the general audience. There were still fans who complained about the lack of screen time for the robots.

Fanboys will always complain about stuff not being like how it's supposed to be, but a movie involves a lot of money. Not many filmmakers are willing to take chances. G.I. Joe seems to be shaping up well and if they can pull off some memorable action scenes (especially ones involving Snake Eyes), I'll be a happy fan.

Oh yeah and rumor has it that The Rock and Brendan Fraser will be playing Shipwreck and Gung Ho respectively (now this is bad casting IMO).

Edited by Tyler

Oh yeah and rumor has it that The Rock and Brendan Fraser will be playing Shipwreck and Gung Ho respectively (now this is bad casting IMO).

Agreed. The Rock might pull off Gung Ho. Although I am sure Charles Bronson would've been the ideal for Gung Ho.

Puhleeez. That old geezer will need someone to physically carry him throughout the flick.

Meant when he was in his prime. Can't you just picture the moustache and the dumb look?

@Chaz - read the Stardust book. It's amazing. A lot has been changed in the movie.

Gyllenhaal confirmed for Prince of Persia role

Hollywood star Jake Gyllenhaal has been confirmed to take the lead role in upcoming film adaptation of Ubisoft’s Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time.

Produced by Jerry Bruckheimer, the film takes place in 6th century Persia, casting Gyllenhaal in the role of a young prince named Dastan.

Together with princess Tamina (played by Gemma Arteron), Dastan must subvert the plans of an evil nobleman looking to acquire the powerful Sands of Time, granting the user the power to rule over the entire world.

Bruckheimer commented: "We've been fairly fortunate with some our leading ladies.”

"Some of them have gone on to become major movie stars, going back to Nicole Kidman in a movie I did a long time ago called 'Days of Thunder' to Keira Knightley out of ('Pirates of the Caribbean')."

Speaking on the film’s budget, Bruckheimer merely said, "It's not one of our smaller productions."

Production is scheduled to begin this July in Morocco and England.

Source : HERE

let's see if Jake can pull it off. IMO he's a great actor but not physically fit to play such a demanding role.

gyllenhal as prince. arghhh. we want existential angst, we want oozing machismo, and unshaven chin. gyllenhal has none. and whoever cast an actor based on looks only - pfft. :thumbsup:

Edited by bulovski

Jake Gyllenhaal is a good actor... but Prince of Persia...!? He's not exactly action hero material but well, looks like we need to wait and watch. Bruckheimer and co know what they're doing and they probably won't disappoint when it comes to a summer blockbuster.

Oh btw Gemma Arteron is going to be in the next Bond movie too...