Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

Saw the late night show for Speed Racer. The movie is a pure out and out tribute to the series. If you haven't seen the series or have never seen anime, you're in for a rough ride. Lots of ups and downs. But the high point are the races. Just plain brilliant. It's hard to believe that live motion animation can outdo the anime vision!!! The last race is simply amazing.

Saw Iron man yesterday. Brilliant film. Smart script, cracking visuals and a red (literally) hot Gwenyth Paltrow. It kind reminds me of Xmen, Spiderman1 and Batman begins. The best Superhero films of all time.

Consider me a Robert downey fan from now on.

Watched SPEED RACER... TWICE!

Wachowski Brothers.... :first:

I have never seen a movie so true to it's original source material. It's like watching a live action anime. Everything from the cinematography, the editing to the action scenes are straight out of an anime. Heck, even the entire cast looks very similar to their animated counterparts. The action scenes are brilliant. Most people will think the family scenes are long and drawn out (or even boring) but if you've watched the anime, you'll know it was more about the family than the actual racing.

There are many little things that are minor tributes to the anime. For example, the sound the jump jacks make is the same. Even then entire second act (the cross country race) was taken from one of the episodes (The Most Dangerous Race).

Definitely of the best movies of this year!

Hey Tyler, was wondering how come u have not given ur review of Speed Racer yet!!!

Anyway, I have not seen the anime (not a single episode) but now after watching the movie I am desperate to watch it, so can u guide from where shall i begin!!! Thanks

Watched Speed Racer yesterday, amazing movie. The editing, cinematography, action scenes, everything is just so top notch. The movie has a razor edge to it and the the last two races just take your breat away. The cast is great too, and Emile Hersch does a good job of playing Speed.

Hey Tyler, was wondering how come u have not given ur review of Speed Racer yet!!!

Anyway, I have not seen the anime (not a single episode) but now after watching the movie I am desperate to watch it, so can u guide from where shall i begin!!! Thanks

I'm looking for the anime myself. There doesn't seem to be a proper boxset of the entire run anywhere though.

I hope Cartoon Network starts airing it again... especially since the movie is out.

I'm looking for the anime myself. There doesn't seem to be a proper boxset of the entire run anywhere though.

I hope Cartoon Network starts airing it again... especially since the movie is out.

and i hope they dont start making a new series .. like the new tom and jerry series ... it plain sucks ... the old epis of Speed Racer are good enough for me ..... they used to be aired @ around 1:30 pm on CN ... i remember rushing home from college just to watch them /...

Edited by reaper

^^ You never know... he just might do it. But I hope he doesn't. Marvel shouldn't get an A-list star to play Thor. They might not be able to get him again for The Avengers.

^^ You never know... he just might do it. But I hope he doesn't. Marvel shouldn't get an A-list star to play Thor. They might not be able to get him again for The Avengers.

no man ... not Brad Pitt as thor .... nooooooooo!!!!! i can imagine it being almost as much lame as Ghost Rider or Spawn ..

Edited by quick gun murugan

Ghost Rider was ok.

Spawn - I actually liked. The movie came out ahead of it's time. It would have kicked a lot of a*s with today's VFX technology.

Thor is a lame superhero anyway... so it really doesn't bother me. They could cast Larry The Cable Guy as Thor and I wouldn't care...

^^ dont get me wrong ... Spawn comics are gr8 .... but the movie was too lame ... the clown was horrible ... and spawn killing millions of fellow spawns in hell single handed.... i couldnt digest that ...