The Careers Thread

MarketTantrik

@ Obaid Bhai: If a guy is Hired on low pay and/or Fired with no pay by a young, beautiful woman it makes it easier for him to live with that pain.. isn't it? As for how I look.. Let's just say, wherever I 've worked, the Attrition has gone down to an all time low.. :hypocrite:

y only young n beautiful?? y not mid 30's... :rant:

prejudice :chair:

y only young n beautiful?? y not mid 30's... :rant:

prejudice :chair:

What's her name? lol

@Ezio: Whats your budget and secondly have you done any research on tiers that you want to get into? We had a decent program at FIT and its grown over the years nothing geared strictly towards gaming but there are some departments that do creative work that might help.

What's her name? lol

@Ezio: Whats your budget and secondly have you done any research on tiers that you want to get into? We had a decent program at FIT and its grown over the years nothing geared strictly towards gaming but there are some departments that do creative work that might help.

budget not a problem

can even go with an edu loan if it's too high

but any estimated figures?

I have above 60 % both in 10th and 12th but i haveonly 59.60% in graduation.Do u think if i clear the entrance of unversities like DU, Bits, Vit. Would i be eligible?

I m feeling demotivated :( . I would be appearing for Aimcet(mca comman exam) this year.

budget not a problem

can even go with an edu loan if it's too high

but any estimated figures?

Well when I was there it was approximately 18K per year but then again a scholarship did help the process along [i think it was less but I am not sure about the price any more]. If your going ivy-league its of course much more but then again there are always tertiary expenses with living in the cities that those colleges are based in as well. Also, have you done your SATs for Bachelors? And if so what subjects have you done along with it?

Well when I was there it was approximately 18K per year but then again a scholarship did help the process along [i think it was less but I am not sure about the price any more]. If your going ivy-league its of course much more but then again there are always tertiary expenses with living in the cities that those colleges are based in as well. Also, have you done your SATs for Bachelors? And if so what subjects have you done along with it?

going for sat this year & toefl is 2 weeks later

I have above 60 % both in 10th and 12th but i haveonly 59.60% in graduation.Do u think if i clear the entrance of unversities like DU, Bits, Vit. Would i be eligible?

I m feeling demotivated :( . I would be appearing for Aimcet(mca comman exam) this year.

OK I am posting here coz some of my friends actually have this problem. Ill talk about a few things people rarely do and hope it helps you (assuming that you want to take up a career after graduation)

AFAIK There are 2 ways about this. Get one thing straight if you don't have good contacts you WILL NOT be eligible for Infosys, CTS, TCS and the likes (Wipro being an exeption). In this case you can really go two ways.

1)If technically inclined increase your profesional qualifications apart from your degrees (SCJP etal), GET some work in the tier 2 software firms for the moment and afterwards (say after 1 or 2 years) you make that jump into your dream company for a very pretty package ( again assuming that you want to venture into an IT career)

2) Study hard. Crack GOVT exams Like SAIL and IOCL and that is it you are set for pretty much the rest of your life.

3)MaNY engineers I know even venture into being the PO of a bank. Here the initial pay aint that good But over the years If you have such a knack you will have a healthy shot at being the GM (be all end all of banking).

4)Pursue higher studies and there really won't be stopping you.

These are the popular and accepted options available to you atm and hence no need to be down. Only remember all it takes is One day to make a life. But you will have to repeat that day oer and over again if you want success in terms of stratospheric( read MT ) heights.

@Di

Thanks that was some help back there, you really saved me from some 127 hours ishtyle self amputation

Edited by Vip3r

Cool to see so many CAs here, Im a student myself.

Also not surprised that the older CAs are not practicing anymore.

Contrary to the general consensus of the youth these days, or the more prominent CAs, practice is quite a lucrative option. The first 2 years is normally the hard part, but almost certainly, you get settled after that and really start minting money. And now, with all the requirements of compulsory VAT, ST Audits every quarter; the scope of earning money through more engagements is limitless. If you are unsure of what to do, Id seriously recommend considering practice.

Waise can any one help me out with some ideas on part time occupations .... to keep me occupied (duh) for say 3-4 months before actually becoming a student again?

with Killzone 3 Resistance 3 uc 3 socom 4 in the balance? Since I ca't/won't ask my folks for dough to play video games

AFAIK There are 2 ways about this. Get one thing straight if you don't have good contacts you WILL NOT be eligible for Infosys, CTS, TCS and the likes (Wipro being an exeption).

lol , but i have given interviews at tcs, infosys, techmahindra so far.I mentioned exact percentage 59.60. I think they didnt mind a .4% gap :P

I am only interested in higher education and no job... :)