IGC 2012

genesis

And yes i agree these idiots shoudnt judge india based on this...

OK, I will give you a default scenario, which is almost every day happening.

You have just landed on airport in any city in India. Looks out for the taxi he booked, which is nowhere to be found as the taxi driver was never informed by the hotel staff of the flight timings. When you call your hotel reception, you are told that either you can wait for one hour for a different taxi to arrive or take an auto. You check with the taxi driver waiting outside, and are told that it will take 50 times the actual charges. No option but to wait for an hour, it seems. But wait, even the taxi booked by hotel is asking for 10 times the charges than normal. Anyways you pay it thinking taxi drivers are always the same. But your bad luck has just begun. Hotel does not have any facilities mentioned in the brochure included in the price and everything is overly priced (eg. 10 rs. per minute for local calls), even the room is in bad condition with broken chairs, broken window panes, no hot water, no power backup, and no drinking water. Food is shittiest in taste, yet charged at the price of a 20 course buffet. Mosquitoes makes it impossible to sleep. Next day, some idiot taxi driver again takes 10 times the charge to go to 2 km distance, and try to follow the longest path to make that charge sound believable. If you are a tourist, then you go through that same "everything is over-priced" sh*t for the whole day. Cleanliness is no where to be found, as every single road has an open garbage box every 100 meters. Things are good, if you travel for business though, as companies you are planning to visit normally takes care of everything, but as a tourist you are f**ked every single time you try to talk to any Indian.

This happens to people from India too, when visiting different city (personal experience in Delhi, Bhopal, Chennai, Mumbai). Since most of the people talking about their experiences are tourists, you can't blame anyone to judge the country in a wrong light. People really are like that, not just in India, but every country. Heck, even my friend has shitty opinion of Dubai, but that does not mean he is an idiot, its just that he never stayed there long enough to meet good people. First 2-3 days are always total sh*t in any city in India, and that is a fact everyone knows. So, it makes perfect sense for people to have shitty opinion of India, which is the case here. IGC or any such scam is nothing, that team had similar opinion when they came to know that it costs 50$ from hotel to venue. Although all the people who have stayed for more than 2 weeks see what the country truly is, that is if they stay that long.

^^ I dont think its that bad especially in the good hotels..... these guys spend about 500-600$ staying in Hotels in other countries am sure if they spent the same in india they would get pretty good quality ones (These guys are sponsored btw).This isnt even about the damn hotels (the food and water complaints were at the event not the hotel ,although ill admit Taxi charge is a fuking rip off , but its the same even in the US).

Its about how they are judging all the GAMING tournaments in india based on ONE SCAM EVENT (which they fell for lol)....and how other players should not come to our country for them..

OK, I will give you a default scenario, which is almost every day happening.

You have just landed on airport in any city in India. Looks out for the taxi he booked, which is nowhere to be found as the taxi driver was never informed by the hotel staff of the flight timings. When you call your hotel reception, you are told that either you can wait for one hour for a different taxi to arrive or take an auto. You check with the taxi driver waiting outside, and are told that it will take 50 times the actual charges. No option but to wait for an hour, it seems. But wait, even the taxi booked by hotel is asking for 10 times the charges than normal. Anyways you pay it thinking taxi drivers are always the same. But your bad luck has just begun. Hotel does not have any facilities mentioned in the brochure included in the price and everything is overly priced (eg. 10 rs. per minute for local calls), even the room is in bad condition with broken chairs, broken window panes, no hot water, no power backup, and no drinking water. Food is shittiest in taste, yet charged at the price of a 20 course buffet. Mosquitoes makes it impossible to sleep. Next day, some idiot taxi driver again takes 10 times the charge to go to 2 km distance, and try to follow the longest path to make that charge sound believable. If you are a tourist, then you go through that same "everything is over-priced" sh*t for the whole day. Cleanliness is no where to be found, as every single road has an open garbage box every 100 meters. Things are good, if you travel for business though, as companies you are planning to visit normally takes care of everything, but as a tourist you are f**ked every single time you try to talk to any Indian.

This happens to people from India too, when visiting different city (personal experience in Delhi, Bhopal, Chennai, Mumbai). Since most of the people talking about their experiences are tourists, you can't blame anyone to judge the country in a wrong light. People really are like that, not just in India, but every country. Heck, even my friend has shitty opinion of Dubai, but that does not mean he is an idiot, its just that he never stayed there long enough to meet good people. First 2-3 days are always total sh*t in any city in India, and that is a fact everyone knows. So, it makes perfect sense for people to have shitty opinion of India, which is the case here. IGC or any such scam is nothing, that team had similar opinion when they came to know that it costs 50$ from hotel to venue. Although all the people who have stayed for more than 2 weeks see what the country truly is, that is if they stay that long.

i Totally agree, a possible scenario, but do you based on such a 2 day trip judge everything that is good in india? And that too coming a from a country men that are from Russia? have you ever been there? the amount of scams the taxi guys run in Moscow specially is beyond belief. You tell them you will pay in Dollars in stead of Rubbles and each cabbie will give you his own exchange rate( personal experience) Hotels being shitty and not doing what they show in brochure?? seriously if that is a complaint that could be a complaint in any country. You go to these places like i do backpack through various parts of the world and you dont take ANY and i mean ANY hotel on their face value when specially travelling in a budget. If they do travel so much and have a manager i blame him for not checking the services before hand. You dont just land up in a foreign country with no home work done. I blame m5 Manager for getting sh*t faced to his team. What is he there for if not to check everything in order to make sure all things are in order and services as promised are there before taking his team and spending the money.

I am not here defending IGC again, but as a professional team they need to check such things specially when going to a first time event. And then what pissed me off was judging the whole country on his one time sh*t experience? i have taken many of my Russian friends to India and they have loved it to no end, does it mean India is the best country to travel to ? no. So for him to make such a negative comment was what was unhealthy.

Though i would again like to say IGC may not have been what it is. But at least what i liked was gamers showed interest. means there is a market for it which needs to develop and can grow. If you dont believe in each other as gamers and that we can compete like some of us do then we will never move forward. We should admire the IDEA and the attempt though how shitty and nonsensical it might have been.

Moscow is like the 3rd or 4th most expensive city to live in, I'm sure whatever they had to pay in India was still just a fraction of how much they have to spend in Moscow.

Things being overpriced is the last thing foreign visitors think about when they visit India, cause even the more expensive stuff aren't usually as expensive as what they are used to. By the way I saw the pictures of the hotel room where the M5 team stayed, the rooms looked good and clean.

Also Russia isn't particularly a nice in this matter either, they've got their fair share of scammers, frauds and poor infrastructure as well.

So they fall for an obvious scam and is now blaming an entire country for it. As if there are no scams in Russia.

They wouldn't if the entire country took initiative to help them recoup their losses.

But the non-gaming masses don't know, and the gaming masses don't give a sh*t.

If we as gamers cared for the reputation of the country and its gaming scene, we'd pay these guys what they lost. Not the prize money, because that's not our responsibility, but what they lost in travel, lodging expenses that wasn't covered by their sponsor. Also the cash that was stolen from them.

But no, we're too busy shouting curses in Nin's ear and saying things like

"lol you fell for an obvious troll. sux2beU lololol"

If we as gamers cared for the reputation of the country and its gaming scene, we'd pay these guys what they lost. Not the prize money, because that's not our responsibility, but what they lost in travel, lodging expenses that wasn't covered by their sponsor. Also the cash that was stolen from them.

:lol:

yo its our country & we need to salvage our reputation, we have to make amends & remunerate them for their loss. After all we r the ppl of this bullshit country which was once praised by ppl around the globe. Have to take some initiative, I guess simple donations would do just fine.

but don't tell me that these guys didn't know that this was coming..................I mean a month ago we found out that there was no way they could handle this event. Not without any sponsors & especially with their lack of appropriate capital.

yet these guys n many indians blindly trusted IGC, & kudos to the organizers they were able to make sh*t out of these ppl by manipulating them with soft n kind words.

f**k those retarded india players who've got nothin else to do than boast n gloat, n trash talk

seriously, f**k indian mentality.

worst thing, can't even sue organizers cuz of the terms of jurisdictions of the British law, which inturn gives them Diplomatic Immunity. Makin it almost impossible for us to bring them to justice

Dude your talking about people who dont even pay for their games :rofl: .... even 5$ CS1.6 is pirated

"lol you fell for an obvious troll. sux2beU lololol"

And what you said would be ok if this was actually hyped as legit tourney which ended up being bad or no prize money was given , but thats not the case They were warned about this multiple times from all the other teams and even many indians (When people from their own country dont trust the event, why should you? ) ..... It was a gamble on their part coming here and it didnt pay off and now they are going bohooo india is teh suxoorz.

we? give me stuff u r smoking bro, i need some of it

:lol:

Either salvage what's at risk of getting destroyed, or don't complain about it.

I don't care if the rest of the world thinks India's a POS country for any sort of legitimate gaming competition. Heck, I do think India is trash for e-sports. So this doesn't affect me either way.

But if you do, instead of saying 'f*ck M5 for whining about the whole of India when only a few guys scammed them', do something about it. Or don't complain.

yo its our country & we need to salvage our reputation, we have to make amends & remunerate them for their loss. After all we r the ppl of this bullshit country which was once praised by ppl around the globe. Have to take some initiative, I guess simple donations would do just fine.

Someone who gets it.

Thats the most absurd suggestion I have heard regarding this incident. Unlike those clueless parents who flew in their kids, m5 should have know the risks.

Archived