Don Bradman Cricket 14 (old)

KnackChap

which platform would you buy this game for?  

108 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guys, regarding the red comet trail:

This is to assist in fielding only and ensure you do not lose sight of the ball. The colour of this trail cannot be changed. In single player the trail will not show when batting. In local multiplayer it will show in batting if the camera is switched into any of the behind the bowler cameras, this is for the advantage of the fielding side.

Another interesting point I though I should share here:

The animation in this game is driven by the controller input and player attributes rather than a "cut scene" approach, every ball played will be different by definition.

This is the reason why sometimes the animation may look odd when seen in ultra slow motion.

No seriously if there is no batting assist,how do you even judge the ball line length swing :scratchchin: .you have like sec to react after ball is released so you have to react just after first bounce ?Wont that be a major problem online due to ping issues?

No seriously if there is no batting assist,how do you even judge the ball line length swing :scratchchin: .you have like sec to react after ball is released so you have to react just after first bounce ?Wont that be a major problem online due to ping issues?

I hope BigAnt has done some extensive testing for online mp....specially using players from different countries. In cricket timing is very important....even slight lag can create a lot of problem.

Anyways, here is an image edited by a user on PC, showing that the ball actually swung in that gameplay + BARS video:

1185695_10200167103615146_263924146_n.jp

^^stop making excuses angy you got out ,fair and square. :devil:

What?? There was a clear inside edge!! Ross removed that frame from the video!! Thats why the umpire gave it not out and Ross didnt show hotspot as well :devil:

;

Shhh....my career just started....we don't want the anti-corruption reading all this stuff do we? :fear:

And yeah....the emoticons here are great. You can almost always find one that depicts what you are actually feeling.

Btw Ross, in the final game, do lbw referrals also use hotspot to check for any edges?

Interesting info released on PC:

a) That ball we saw in the video released last friday was bowled at 118.2kmph, which is nice as the ball actually looked like it was bowled around 115-125kmph. Really interested in seeing a ball bowled at 150+kmph now :D!!

b ) An update regarding the red comet trail:

I don't want to speak out of turn for this one, but my *belief* from testing the game, is that the comet trail is there on batting, bowling and fielding.
I think Ross has just gotten so used to the system that he doesn't notice the trail (which in it's unobtrusive nature is easy to do).
Personally speaking, I think it's one of the best elements of the game and makes batting really dynamic as you don't know where the ball is coming until it leaves the bowlers hands and have that good little split second element of reaction to pick up the trail and mould your shot to where it's going. It adds to that feel of real cricket and gives you more immersion to the mechanics, especially compared to what we've seen in the past with cricket games.
The trail isn't in anyway 'overpowered' or some such thing, where you are able to easily exploit the bowling due to it, it's just a helper element so you can pick up the ball every time.
Obviously it'll be up to the team to decide whether or not to allow the removing of the trail, but speaking from personal experience, I don't think I'd be removing it anytime soon.

After watching the video again I actually realised how good the swing looked in that video....it was just like real life where you don't notice the swing much till you see the hawk eye showing the deviation. Also, if you look closely, the seam was facing the slips and the ball rightly swung towards the off after pitching. This game is really living upto it's promise.

Ross can you please show the deviation as well when viewing hawkeye.....maybe in dlc :)

Archived