Don Bradman Cricket 14 (old)

KnackChap

which platform would you buy this game for?  

108 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

angy you're deffo not gonna make it to squad for SA tour :lol:

few questions/suggestions for Ross --

1) have people who have played it been able to pull off stumpings (versus AI & on local MP)? in IC2010 even if you were beaten you could easily get back.

2) please have more stats when the player is walking out

3) please keep the number of DRS referrals as an option atleast in local MP & SP if not in online MP. or if not, then do we have access to the DRS replay after the number of allowed referrals are over?

after the time limit expires & the player doesnt go for review, or even once all the reviews are used up, there should be an option to watch the replay using all the DRS tools (hawkeye, snicko, hotspot etc) so the player knows if the opponent was actually out or not & if he made the correct decision or not.

1. Yes, stumpings are possible and have been done.

2. More stats are available via key press.

3. BARS (Big Ant Review System) is optional. If there might have been a wicket or close call then it will be replayed (just to make you furious that you didn't ask for the referral :) )

After watching the video again I actually realised how good the swing looked in that video....it was just like real life where you don't notice the swing much till you see the hawk eye showing the deviation. Also, if you look closely, the seam was facing the slips and the ball rightly swung towards the off after pitching. This game is really living upto it's promise.

Ross can you please show the deviation as well when viewing hawkeye.....maybe in dlc :)

The ball did not swing or seam in this delivery, it only straightened which is realistic, if it had seamed then it would not have been so since the seam is pointing down the leg side.

I have seen the reasoning given for the slowing down of the bowling action just prior to the release of the ball but I think most people are not complaining about that, even I can overlook it but it is the overall action which seems unreal or loopy or very past games like or as some say, the bowler seems to be floating or flying instead of running in... Another inconsistent thing about the bowling action is how the bowler suddenly gains speed at the start of the run up. I also think that the speed of the actual delivery has been slowed down too - it does not look like 118 km/h to me.

Sorry but after watching the video several times and not being able to like it, my anticipation has receded drastically :(

The ball did not swing or seam in this delivery, it only straightened which is realistic, if it had seamed then it would not have been so since the seam is pointing down the leg side.

The ball straightening from that angle means it 'seamed', else it would have carried down the leg side. Also, the seam is not pointing down the leg side....its pointing towards the off. Thats how left handed bowlers bowl balls seaming away from the right handers. If the seam was pointed towards the leg side, then we would see the right side of the ball (if we divide it from the seam) more than the left. Here is a post I made on PC talking about the seam direction and its result:

I agree....the ball is intended to move 'away' from the Right Handed batsman (and it did).
Think of it like this, imagine you are holding the ball in your left hand with your fingers on the seam. Now one of the ways to bowl the outswinger to a right handed batsman would be to tilt the ball slightly on its axis towards the right and release it with a straightish wrist....this would make the ball swing towards the left of your screen (if conditions are favourable) and also seam 'just a bit' after pitching. In this case it did not swing at all but just seamed a bit after pitching!
You also see this same seam position incase of a right handed bowler bowling outswingers with a slightly round arm action (like Agarkar...I remember the seam looking exactly like this when he used to bowl his outswingers. Even Malinga does the same when bowling outswingers, e.g:
malinga.jpg
You can compare it to this:
y65NEoQ.jpg
Although the camera angle is reversed, you can still see that the ball is tilted towards the right and the left side of the ball (if you divide it by the seam) is more visible than the right side!
Edit:
Here is Agarkar bowling a similar delivery:
21102012_Ajit_Agarkar.jpg
Again you can see, the ball is tilted towards the right and the left side of the ball is more visible than the right (if you imagine it from the bowler's view).
Another pic you can use is this one from Irfan Pathan. As you know, he bowls some big inswingers...this is how the seam looks when he bowls:
irfan-pathan.jpg

As you can see, from the bowler's view, the right side of the ball is more visible than the left.

It wasnt just 'any' delivery that got me out....it took a really special one :P!!

So much info???

I think you are confusing swing with seam bowling here, Angy. They are two separate skills, if a left hand bowler holds the ball the way it has been held in the video then it is supposed to seam away from a left hand batsman and seam into a right handed one. Straightening of the ball can't be called movement off the seam. And therefore this part of the gameplay (for me ) is perfect thus far with real physics.

I think you are confusing swing with seam bowling here, Angy. They are two separate skills, if a left hand bowler holds the ball the way it has been held in the video then it is supposed to seam away from a left hand batsman and seam into a right handed one. Straightening of the ball can't be called movement off the seam. And therefore this part of the gameplay (for me ) is perfect thus far with real physics.

Ball straightening is form of seam movement. If there's no seam movement, the ball will not straighten and will continue to go on its original path which will take it to leg or outside leg stump. Any straightening is deviation off the pitch because of seam movement.

1. Yes, stumpings are possible and have been done.

2. More stats are available via key press.

3. BARS (Big Ant Review System) is optional. If there might have been a wicket or close call then it will be replayed (just to make you furious that you didn't ask for the referral :) )

:cheers: & :majesty:

i think some of you guys are nitpicking too much. if you'll are comparing it to the likes of FIFA of course you'll will be disappointed. that is a sport/game that appeals to people in 100 countries, unlike cricket's 10, so obviously the budget they can have for that game is going to be proportionally much larger as they can recoup that. also that is in its nth iteration while this is BAS's first go. by that measure even the (what i feel, from a glimpse of that single delivery) 15-20% improvement in graphics that this game seems to have is pretty good.
plus the features. just Cricket Academy by itself would be a killer feature. finally we fans from non-english & australian countries can play with players that resemble our sportsmen. just that represents a big improvement over previous games. if even 50% of the rest of the features work even just decently then that means a huge improvement over previous games.
also huge respect for Ross who is here answering questions & taking feedback from what is essentially a india-focused forum with probably just around 100 dedicated followers of his game's thread. admittedly, i dont follow most other threads but i doubt that there is similar active participation from other developers. he's obviously not doing this for sales/marketing but because of his genuine passion for his game.
if the game delivers i hope it sells at least 99.94 million units B)
it'll also prove to other developers "if you build it, they will come"

Archived