Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ScrewyAurum

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Recommended Posts

Finished HoS. Loved the Scenes from the mariage quest...highlight of the DLC for me. I found it very difficult to make the end choice of that quest.

Spoiler

I let her keep the rose. Have to Youtube what would have happened if I had made the different choice. Similarly, very interested to check the other endings of the final mission. I helped Olgeird.

Another break and will then tackle the final DLC of this exceptionally well made game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

 

You should. I found them better than the base game.

 

Hearts of Stone is so good. Blood and Wine is massive.

 

Does the game just let you jump into the DLC if I dont have a savegame for the main quest?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2020 at 8:06 PM, Aftrunner said:

 

Does the game just let you jump into the DLC if I dont have a savegame for the main quest?

 

Nope its level gated. If you're on PC then you might be able to download a save

 

fake news

Edited by dylanjosh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, you can play DLC directly. The game creates a preset level 30 character I believe with no romance from base game. Not much of a difference if you don't want to replay the base game again. 

 

You can however download the save from Nexus and do DLCs.

 

https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/2700

or

https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1601

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup. This game ruined SP gaming for me. Nothing ever came close to its epicness. Only truly enjoyed HZD and GOW ever since I finished this few yrs back.

 

Must have played this for 200hrs or so. Remember so much of this game, amazing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Btw I was playing the 1st DLC 2 yrs back. Planning to resume it soon and do the 2nd DLC as well. Have completely forgotten how the save files work or what the 1st DLC was about (think I finished just a mission) can I delete all saves and use that pre set 30 lvl character to do the DLc from scratch (ps4) or is it better if I use my base game character? Any decisions from main game matter in any of the dlc? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, rAgHaV said:

 can I delete all saves and use that pre set 30 lvl character to do the DLc from scratch (ps4) or is it better if I use my base game character? Any decisions from main game matter in any of the dlc? 

I just finished the base game and both the DLC's and I would strongly recommend you use your base game character instead f playing standalone DLC's. You'll get only 20k crowns and start with Lvl 30. You will need all 30k crowns just to upgrade the runewright in Hos. 

 

In  B&W you'll need a lot of ability points to unlock all the mutagen abilities, You'll also need 15-20k crowns to renoate your estate.

 

Grandmaster gear unlocks at lvl 40 and is insanely expensive to craft, they've also introduced dyes for Grandmaster witcher gear which you can either buy from merchants, find by exploring or craft after finding their diagrams.

Edited by Nischey007

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, rAgHaV said:

Yup. This game ruined SP gaming for me. Nothing ever came close to its epicness. Only truly enjoyed HZD and GOW ever since I finished this few yrs back.

 

Must have played this for 200hrs or so. Remember so much of this game, amazing. 

on the same page, I've put in 184 hrs into this game and I still haven't explored enough.  Started spiderman few days back and just can't play more than an hour in one sitting, I keep losing intrest and going back to W3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Nischey007 said:

I just finished the base game and both the DLC's and I would strongly recommend you use your base game character instead f playing standalone DLC's. You'll get only 20k crowns and start with Lvl 30. You will need all 30k crowns just to upgrade the runewright in Hos. 

 

In  B&W you'll need a lot of ability points to unlock all the mutagen abilities, You'll also need 15-20k crowns to renoate your estate.

 

Grandmaster gear unlocks at lvl 40 and is insanely expensive to craft, they've also introduced dyes for Grandmaster witcher gear which you can either buy from merchants, find by exploring or craft after finding their diagrams.

 

My base game character is lvl36. Booted the game yesterday. Turns out that I had done just the first mission of HoS. So watched that on YouTube and now I am good to go with my base game character. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...