[PC] Ask The Experts Thread

arjun

Got my system up and running,but now when i boot up my monitor is completely blue,the screen i mean,its like someone placed a piece of blue glass infront of the monitor...white looks grey-ish,red looks black...i chkd the cable and connections...its an LCD so degaussing is out

what could be the problem!!??

With the foll. specs which latest games can I play?

1.CPU:Intel Pentium 4 Processor 506@2.66 GHz

2.RAM:512 MB DDR2

3.Graphics Card:Integrated Onboard ATI Radeon Xpress200 Chipset@256 MB with Pixel Shader 2.0

4.Monitor:Samsung SyncMaster 753s

COD4 worked pretty well with the same specs.

That wont run any of the latest games, period.

With the foll. specs which latest games can I play?

1.CPU:Intel Pentium 4 Processor 506@2.66 GHz

2.RAM:512 MB DDR2

3.Graphics Card:Integrated Onboard ATI Radeon Xpress200 Chipset@256 MB with Pixel Shader 2.0

4.Monitor:Samsung SyncMaster 753s

COD4 worked pretty well with the same specs.

Since u have a 17" CRT..max resolution you would game at is 1024*768 so if you upgraded the gpu to say a 8600GT for 3.5k and ram to 1GB/2GB then you might play them at medium settings.Im not talking about games like Crysis but games like Half Life and Far Cry should work at high

Got my system up and running,but now when i boot up my monitor is completely blue,the screen i mean,its like someone placed a piece of blue glass infront of the monitor...white looks grey-ish,red looks black...i chkd the cable and connections...its an LCD so degaussing is out

what could be the problem!!??

1. Remove the data cable of the monitor from the tower; you would get a screen saying No signal Cable or something; this is called a Monitor Self Test; check if the issue exists here as well

2. If issues exists in step 1, then factory reset your monitor. If no go, then issue is defenitely with the monitor. If the issue does not exist then go to step 3.

3. Check if you see the same problem in BIOS or while in Safe mode as well. If you do see the problem in BIOS, then it's got something to do with your video solution (motherboard or Video card). Try updating BIOS or reseating the video card. If the issue is not see in BIOS, then the issue is definitely driver related. Try reinstalling video drivers.

Try these steps and let us know what's the outcome.

Yeah,the self test is A-OK...guess what i fixed the problem,since my card has a DVI port too,i used a DVI-VGA converter and connected it,and Voila....it seems that the VGA port itself is messed up,so till i get the 4850,i'll use this method!!

anyway thanks for the help panthey??

EDIT:Also i would also like to know the price for a Xbox 360 wired controller for the PC(in mumbai)??

Edited by Snake

Hi all..

I Tried to make Vista as my primary OS on a single go and as some of u may have known it was not a smooth sail...

So i decided to create 2 more 25 Gb partitions and install XP and a Linux

SO which Linux to use.

I want

1. the best UI

2. Loads of video and audio player options..features..codec packed...

3. Internet Browing should work with cable modems or BSNL

4. Development ofcourse VC++, C#.net..if possible

5. should work with my canon ip1000 printer and if possible my bluetooth dongle which is a widcomm software having broadcom chip.

so reply ASAP please.

If anyone can provide the discs i will be happy very much.

Jerin

According to distro watch the most popular multimedia distro's are;

(note: this is list of popularity on distrowatch and is not nessesarily a measure of it's quality)

1. GeeXboX

2. MoviX

3. dyne:bolic

4. AGNULA

5. Mediainlinux

is it true? are these still active projects? good enuff? bug free??

if its a geniune copy i think you can call up there support....

If not then image can be an issue.

well i have only original PC & 360 games.this copy is given to me by my friend & is not geniune.but as i nvr buy such stuff i dont know much abt image,crack files etc.but i searched on net & it said its something to do with .dll files.i chkd d error log & the file name mentioned was "sxs.dll".i dnt hav any knowledge regarding it.plz help.

cheers.

Hi, Im going to california in 1 week for my pilot training. I need a good laptop. Can anyone recommend me a good laptop.

What I would like

I am a console gamer 32" HDTV + 360 in my room. Sadly I cant take my 360 to the US so I need a good laptop.

17" screen or 15.2".. Prefer 17"

Good ram capacity 2gb+

good hard disc capacity 300 gb++

Good graphic card : should be able to play COD4, Red Alert 3 and Flight simulator X. ( these are the only games I will be playing )

Good speakers, would be nice if there was a small subwoofer built in.

Should look good and shouldnt be too bulky.

Battery life should be good.

Can u guys recommend me something. I dont want a dell laptop.

I liked the ASUS G50v

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=282100

What do u guys recommend? Also is it smarted to buy it from Singapore or from Cali ?

Thx :giggle:

Edited by fb1

well the wired controller is the same one which u use for ur core 360.....jus plug it into the PC....the wireless controller requires a receiver,so u need to buy the whole pack for it.

cheers.

Ya in Vista you just plug it in but on XP you need to install the drivers. The controller for PC retails for 1400-1700(different prices at different places)